Should I start my grow from clones or seeds?

looking at some old seeds...

this is probably a dumb Q but is it bad if you use miracle grow? or just grow it natural? need responses!

It is a very good question.
After my plants have gotten well past their seed stage and are over 6" I use the "all purpose" Miracle grow but moderately during the vegetation period (the vegetation period is before it begins to flower). When they start to bud I use Miracle grow "Bloom Buster". I just use it about a third of the time and the rest water. My garden is healthy and I have never had a problem w/ Miracle grow.:thumb:

Re: So if I start my grow from clones I received?

How about this, I get a clone form a grower and I live in a apartment with just enough space for a five gallon paint bucket with soil in it. Now what ?

I would start my clone out in something smaller until the roots begin to crowd the pot. Maybe a large cup then after a while transfer it to something larger. The five gallon paint bucket is a good way to end up when you are going for the final grow but you may want to grow it in smaller increments until it gets larger. I use a 5 gallon for 4-6' plants.

Hi...I'm new and want to grow a plant in my attic. I have some seeds from my last purchase of some "Loud". I intend to use those. How do I start and what are the steps to successfully grow a plant? What pots do I use? what soil? what fertilizer? Should I construct a Plastic film tent? what lighting do i have to have? How can i water a plant that is in my attic? Like I said, I'm new....but need to grow this herb to help me with my condition because I can't afford to buy it all the time.

I have pretty much given up the clone road, Good seeds can be obtained cheaply, and whoever thinks its quicker to clone must be dreaming. I have several areoponic cloners gathering dust. If you clone off a plant before you have harvested from her, how do you know what she will do? Example: I have 10 White Widow s going right now (from femminized seed) the differnt geno types are evident in bloom, but not before. The Sativa came out in 3, Indica in 3 and a weird combination in the other 2, and one was kind of a runt.

If i had raised just the runt seed and cloned it what would i have now? Room full of runts? I contend that if a very experienced grower had a large mother of known genetics and offspring, then yes then you should clone. If you dont have all those years behind you then for god sakes buy some seeds. You can go to Nirvana and buy fem seeds for like 7 bucks. Can you make a clone for that much time and labor that can be put into bloom in 45 days? Do you have room to keep a mother plant? Will you be happy with one type of plant?

Whick came first, the Chicken or the egg?

Its natures way of telling you in a song.....use the seeds...femanized seeds are best if your new or old at this, 90 days start to finish....try that with clones. and I mean take your cuttings, get them rooted, etc, not going out and buying them If you value your time then you know that 7 dollars for good seeds verses an extra month to make good plants from cuttings just dont add up.
And if you have really done this clones never produce what seeded plants do unless you can leave them outside all summer

Plus is u go for some good F 1 stock, you even get that extra vigor you never will get from a cutting.

They just emailed me today Attitude seed bank January promotion buy 30 euros/ $45.00 of seeds 5 pack usually and get 6 fem seeds free, 5+6=11 fem seeds! it will cost ruffly $75.00 great deal I never had a problem with their seeds or shipping ect....! just thought I'd help my fellow tokers out! need help with picking seeds hit me up auto or just fems like to help others out! At the time I first started I bought a lot of thing I didn't need because I didn't do my homework just like school trust ask all the questions even the ones you think are dumb that's how you learn and mostly everyone here loves to share there know how I spent alot of money on junk. like I said need help hit me up ok!

Maybe I cant say the name, I seem to get a lot of things I say bumped off but got to NIRVANA seeds for the deals.

Never got a bad batch, never had them confiscated, and always what they say they are. What more can you ask for???

Oh, and about a week turn around, used to purchase form single seed, long wait, too expensive. Nirvana is about 7 bucks a fem seed

Last 10 White Widows X 95 days equals 1.6 oz per plant dried fried readyto go. In Dirt.

Exactly what do you mean when you say "It may take several seed packs to find an excellent mother"? How can I tell a good mother from a poor one?

Back
Top Bottom