Should I start my grow from clones or seeds?

From seeds your never really sure what you get. My ideal thing to do is grow from feminised seeds cloned them and number them. You keep the mother plants under 24 hour light. Meanwhile you put your clones to flower under 12/12 After they start flowering you can pick the best one and put it to flower and youll get a Giant plant of your favorite bud. Lack of space is the only reason i cant operate in this manner.

Can anybody tell me how I can germinate in a rapid rooter without using lightbulbs?

The seeds will germinate without light. They basically only require water and warmth. But understand that your seedlings will get "leggy," turn yellow, fall over, and die without light to provide energy to the plants.

Also what lamp may I need if I get HPS lightbulbs? Thank you!

You'd need a ballast of the appropriate wattage (matching your bulb choice) and type (HPS, switchable, or an electronic ballast) and a "medium" high-temperature (ceramic) socket, along with the required wiring to connect the two together and to connect the ballast to the electrical supply. Unless you are specifically running some form of vertical orientation "bare bulb" setup, you will require a reflector that is either made for HID lighting applications or at least constructed out of materials that will not catch on fire from the heat your bulb produces, with a strong recommendation for the former. An "air-cooled" reflector is best for most applications (among other reasons, this allows you to treat the heat from your grow and the smell from same as separate things).

Tortured Souls

Hey is there any way i could ask you some questions please? You look like you know what you're doing and honestly I have never had a successful grow. I am going to try my 2nd grow this year and am really serious but honestly I am not completely sure what im doing. It would be a huge help if you could answer some questions of mine.

From seeds your never really sure what you get. My ideal thing to do is grow from feminised seeds cloned them and number them. You keep the mother plants under 24 hour light. Meanwhile you put your clones to flower under 12/12 After they start flowering you can pick the best one and put it to flower and youll get a Giant plant of your favorite bud. Lack of space is the only reason i cant operate in this manner.
S1 should get you that pheno exactly

Sent from my LG-H901 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Staring with seeds or clones really depends on what u want to do clones skip the whole germination process and only need to veg for 2-4 weeks before flowering. If you want to experience the whole propagation of the cannabis plant then go seeds and from the grown seed take clones from it. Just do both this will improve both yield as you will be harvesting more often and you can keep the genetics of a plant you really like.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I would go with seeds because they grow much stronger and hardier than clones do. I imagine its the root structure of the plants. the clone is fibrous and the seed have a tap root, and the tap root makes for a much sturdier plant.

I use a super medium not a super soil.
420mixasoil

Seeds have a healthier grow rate.
Seeds have a tap root for extra support.
Seeds usually have more yield.
Seeds have in general have better health.
Seeds support larger plants.
Seeds can be stored

Make sure your medium is good and your water is ph proper. Above all proper nutrients.
I use a product called Mixasoil medium, with very good results, but everyone uses what they see fit.
HAPPY GROWING!

Didn't read much of this thread but I've done both seeds and clones over the last few years and just wanted to comment.
For me...seeds and clones from plants I've grown are like newborn children. It's something that I've "created" in a sense.
I nurture them and see them grow...as if they were my own kids.
But recently I was given some clones from a friend and yes I was very appreciative but something was missing.
It was if it was not my own and I was watching someone else's kids.
Does that make sense to anyone?
Now don't get me wrong...plants are doing great and in two months they will yield some good bud...but it still
feels like I am growing someone else's weed.
Am I crazy?

Crazy might be a bit harsh...

;)

Dropping that seed in the ground must be ancient music from millennia ago. It feels more natural I think because it is, one less layer of technology and human manipulation getting in the way of the experience. An outdoors experience. As my plants grow I imagine the tap root and those collaterals abounding in fungus and sharing the road with the other ladies, and as I water at the periphery of the grown together grove of trees and aspiring trees, and as I add nutrients. I get as much or more from the process as I do in "product" and it all begins with a single seed in soil.

After 2 grows from seed, I am really appreciating the surprise of each plant having it’s very own genetics. They flower-slightly at different times, and the high definitely varies from plant to plant. My system appreciates the quick change over of smoke, as it keeps the White Widow working for pain and stress. :)
One day I hope to clone a few of my own, but I will still be growing from seed also no doubt
:green_heart:

After 2 grows from seed, I am really appreciating the surprise of each plant having it’s very own genetics. They flower-slightly at different times, and the high definitely varies from plant to plant. My system appreciates the quick change over of smoke, as it keeps the White Widow working for pain and stress. :)
One day I hope to clone a few of my own, but I will still be growing from seed also no doubt
:green_heart:
Can you freeze seeds,and plant later?

Can you freeze seeds,and plant later?
Hi Guy :ciao:, I have heard that you can freeze the seeds for future use, but I only acquire enough seeds for 2 grows at a time. I have learned from experience to always have some "extra seeds" just in case some do not germinate. :)

Back
Top Bottom