Should I stop pruning?

juniorburrito

I have these 2 plants, I dont check the ppm on my water levels, I just fertalize them onces a week in the water I water them with. Its nothing special really. They are both female clones. Anyways, everytime you cut a stem, 2 grow back. So ive been cutting and pruneing them the whole time. There starting to get little buds, just tiny barley buds, more like tiny redhairs sticking up. Im wondering if I should pruning them, and just let emm grow for now on?

Sorry for the wall of text, thanks for the help.
- Peace, happy smoking.

Well, my dad was it since the start of grow season, Thats, so I started doing it to. By dads been growing for 3 years and does it everyyear, he gave the plants to me thistime becuase hes going away for 3 monthes.

Should I be pruning them at all? or just let emm grow?

Just let them grow, unless you have a space issue or prefer to have many smaller buds and possibly less bud production. Every time you remove a growing tip the plant has to put energy into regrowing a new tip or two, instead of putting that energy to growing what's there larger or growing buds.

You said they are starting to get buds - that's flowering. Your description of "barley" and little tiny red hairs raises questions though. Are the hairs starting out red instead of white? It seems this is an indoor hydro grow. Do you control the lighting cycle?

You said they are starting to get buds - that's flowering. Your description of "barley" and little tiny red hairs raises questions though. Are the hairs starting out red instead of white? It seems this is an indoor hydro grow. Do you control the lighting cycle?
Shit, I totall failed to mention they are totally outdoors. I gotta be sober before making these posts. I mean theres also spots were like 1 leave is sticking out, and often right around where these tiny redhaired buds are.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

i actually prune the bottom of my plants before bud development starts during the flowering stage, i have also seen some awsome grows where people wait for the whispy buds to start growing on the lower branches and then prune them. having said that i try not to do too much, just enough so i know the buds that will develop get lots of access to light.

just stop cutting while your ahead and let nature take its course eventually the plant should be full of bud and thats when its ready, sounds like itll be a while yet though

Back
Top Bottom