Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 70% INDICA
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 3 weeks
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 10gal
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? Room temp?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?-Rockwool and hydroton
If Hydro, what type of Setup?-Ebb and flow
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 150 watt cfl and two 40watt
Is it Air Cooled? No
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 68
RH of Room/Cabinet? What is rh
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.0 ish
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? 3 times a day for 10mins
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Botanicare
Size or Square Footage of Room? 4x2x8

This is my first grow ever. Personally I think it is going great. I tried to fim my plant 2 weeks ago. It doesn't seem like it worked. The main stem is still growing straight up with no signs of extra colas. Should I leave the main cola alone or should I try to top or fim again? Or would lst be the better route? I want to get maximum yield from this singe plant.

Also I am using pro grow, call mag, liquid karma, superthrive, and hydroguard. I also have hygrozyme but I am not using it. Right now I am at 900ppm and ph steady at 6.0. I will try to post pics

Has your plant fully recovered from your last fim attempt? If so I would top then LST but thats just my two cents. Pictures would help

20140705_204222.jpg

This was 5 mins before fim attempt

imagejpeg_1.jpg

This is 1 week after.

Just top it? Or top and lst? Also that last pic was from a week ago. I see the plant once a week. Gonna go see it today. I have it at a friends house in a different town

Thanks fellas. You guys are the greatest. Should I be using hygrozyme along with hydroguard? Or is it unnecessary? Also when should I switch lighting? Wait a week or two for the lst to work it's magic after topping? Also I have read a lot about lst and was wondering should I ever untie the plant? I have two 400watt hps bulbs and ballast. Should I only use one of them. I bought them both for $20 a piece on Craigslist

I would leave her 2weeks after topping there won't me much growth for roughly a week then will shoot up. At the end of week two after topping tie her down for 3weeks. Then switch to 12/12 leave it tied until u know it's stable on her own :) hope this helps just my thought tho

I would just top. Fimming is not easy in my experience. Sounds like your plant is similar in makeup to a mother I have right now. I topped her several times in veg ( yes I vegged longer than normal because of this) but she has 6 main stems and when I reflower her in a couple weeks, it looks like she will have about 8 main colas. Its an Indica dominant strain, but overall structure looks more sativa-ish, presumably because of all that topping. Her brother, with whom she was bred, was not topped and looked like a typical mini X-mas tree shape.
I suggest starting very early with topping, like as soon as the first couple mature fan leaves show, as you essentially are trying to create additional main stalks, like they were a whole other plant.

So the stem is very stiff already. I'm scared to bend it. Should I start lightly and slowly pull it down over a few days when it comes time to lst. Also there are brown spots on a few of the lower leaves and the tips are a bit brown on fewer of them. Am I too hot with ppms? I'm at 950ppms

I'm with Finkelroy here. I would just top it and not worry about LST. But if you are going to tie her down, top it first and give her plenty of time to recover.

This way, its not the main stem that you are trying to bend. The main stem should stop growing pretty much when you top. What you'll be left with are the branches which will be much easier to manipulate.

With this being your first grow, just top her and then leave her alone. That's my 2 cents anyways.

:Namaste:
-Monkey

If I choose not to lst should I Veg longer so I can top it again before switching? Are there any downsides to vegging longer?

Back
Top Bottom