Should I transplant to a deeper pot or a wider pot?

fallan12

So my plany is about 2 1/2 weeks old and I need to transplant it because the roots have started for my drainage holes its about 51/2 inches tall and has 2 of it 3 prong leaves while the first set of true leaves are coming in what should I transplant into.?? Thank any inpt or advice helps. Post pics when I remember how

Deeper or wider, does not matter, as long as it is bigger.

How much bigger depends how big you want your plant to be at the end of the day. How long will you veg? How much space do you have for flowering and finishing her off? Either way, a nice 2-3 gallon container would be a nice next step. You can finish her there for a small plant/harvest or transplant again later (just before flowering) to an even larger pot like a 5 to 7 gallon.

It might prove difficult to transplant 2-3gallons into a larger container. A mass of soil that large can easily break apart, damaging the root hairs as it falls apart.
I would transplant into your final container. 3 gallons minimum, 5 gallons should cover you for almost any indoor grow. And next time cover the sides of any clear container with tape or something, light can damage/kill your roots.

Thank you for the advice on covering clear containers I didn't know that it could damage my roots I trans planed in to a 1 gallon pot for now til my final tansplant which I would transplant to a 4 gallon wide clay pot and as far as veging I have no idea how long I should veg for any ideas my grow space can house at least a 3'9" plant just a rough guesstimate

If you top it, and use LST (low stress training) Veg time, and height of your grow space doesn't matter as much.

I Vegged one plant for 5 weeks, And it's now been in Flower for 33 days, and plant height was 14" on July 31.

For your grow space, you'll also want to look into using wider, but shorter containers, still around 3-5 gallons total volume. From 3'9" you need to deduct your lights, and deduct the height of your container.

This plant is the one I'm talking about:

Back
Top Bottom