Should i trim this Jungle down a little bit? w/ pics

1stworks

Iam about 1.5 week into flowering and need to know how
much to trim off.I see lots of pics w/ NOT alot of leaves??
My plants are doing great but iam no sure if i should trim
fan leaves or thin it out?You cant even see though the plant?

hydro
600w MH

004_2_1.JPG

005_2_1.JPG

008_2_1.JPG

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!

Re: Should i trim this JUNGLE down a little bit??w/ pics

I think it depends on how you are growing. just remember the leaves are solar panels for the plant, dont go ripping them all off to reach a bud site. Sometimes it is better to softly bend and hold in place with twistie ties.

If you plan to let them grow up I would actually trim the lower 3rd, its called lollipopping and it helps the plant redirect its energy towards the main cola and surrounding buds. You might also erect a screen and only allow the buds to grow through.

The screen can be made out of PVC and 2 inch chicken wire. This is similar to a SCROG but without the plant actually entwined in the screen, just pushed under. Hope I helped a little!

CK

I think it depends on how you are growing. just remember the leaves are solar panels for the plant, dont go ripping them all off to reach a bud site. Sometimes it is better to softly bend and hold in place with twistie ties.

If you plan to let them grow up I would actually trim the lower 3rd, its called lollipopping and it helps the plant redirect its energy towards the main cola and surrounding buds. You might also erect a screen and only allow the buds to grow through.

The screen can be made out of PVC and 2 inch chicken wire. This is similar to a SCROG but without the plant actually entwined in the screen, just pushed under. Hope I helped a little!

CK

THANKS

I wanted to let them go and tie the buds up when they get to heavy.:grinjoint:

Ill clean some of the bottom 1/3 off theres no light down there.

Iam scard to trim too much because last time i cleaned some
of the bottom leaves the plant did not like it???

THANKS

I wanted to let them go and tie the buds up when they get to heavy.:grinjoint:

Ill clean some of the bottom 1/3 off theres no light down there.

Iam scard to trim too much because last time i cleaned some
of the bottom leaves the plant did not like it???

Very true, one of the advantages of lollipopping is that it removes all the little popcorn buds at the bottom, making harvesting easier. Start slow and give your plants 2-3 days to recover between cuts. This is supposed to be a process that can take as long or short as your plants can handle, BUT it is different for every strain.

Trimming is always scary, but it is a great problem to have.

CK

Defoliating is supposed to trick the plant into working harder so beware.
Looks like it needs it. Predators munch on it naturally in the Wild. Go slow at first....
Taking 5-10% of the total leaves all together... Results are insane!!!!

You can start LST them a bit, and then check your shaded spots. There I'd start trimming the fan leaves.

Back
Top Bottom