Should I use compost during flowering?

"The answer is never the answer....." Since I really don't want and I actualy can't transplant them so here is what I think, maybe I just overwatered them? Don't mind the branch in black square, it's like that because I accidently broke it, still have hope for it to heal up.

20140907_151748.jpg

20140907_151717.jpg

In my opinion the stress is caused from changing fertilizers, such as synthetic to organic. Organic growth is more or less concentrated around bacteria life, soil energy, low amounts of npk, and high mineral content, and only feeding with things that would be found in nature. I know the dessert bat guano is hardly native to many of us but it's still used and considered organic. The synthetic ferts often contain high salt concentration that kills bacteria life and is focused around n-p-k. It does play a vital role in development but not as much as it's made out be. Personally I think it's a way to sell you something you don't need. There is so many of these products that it's perceived as a must have, crucial to growth. I think it's like pumping up a plant with steroids, that most people don't know there plant is on borderline overdosing, especially when the salts aren't rinsed out.
The dry ferts can cause problem because it doesn't always break down in the water and can show up as a concentrate in some areas. Compost is a good thing, i think it's better when ur roots are allowed to grow into it at its pace. I just think if it was top dressed u r forcing the nutrient rich compost into the root system. If you look at my journal, primarily the big room, those plants have only been fed 3 times with worm casting tea the rest was straight water. No npk doses or snake oils just warm casting tea. The soil is rich as he'll tho. It shimmers when u mix it because of the mineral content. It's just a different style of growing is all. This may get one more feeding of tea if they start to slow down but it doesn't look like it anytime soon. The big issue is when people mix up the different styles because they heard blah blah blah is good for your plant when blah blah blah does make it better but only if your using that style. It's like yea a turbo charger will make your car faster but it doesn't mean u should put it in a economic geo metro. I'm sure you'll be fine. The only times when compost can be negative is in concentrates over 50% or when it has not been properly aged. If you have good compost, you probably won't need to feed it. If you feel growth is slow,which it probably will be at first because of transplant and then your roots will become established and then you usually get a spirt of growth, after that occurs 10-15 days I would judge if u needed it then start at about 1/4 recommended feeding. Adding more is easy, getting it out isn't.

Mmm...

Well the seed shell can resist the stomach acid of all animals & even humans if ingested whole, this is all part of natural evolution & desire to continue... full stop !

How ever home made composts or other OM (organic materials) used for mulch or soil amendments only have a low NPK ratio & some trace value micro nutrients along with humus, so i really don't see how that can cause toxicity of said or what ever nutrient ? after all these sort of compost/Om have been used for hundreds of years if not thousands since man kind involved to agriculture practice... & many still used to this day.

I don't understand it either but a search in yahoo will give several gardening sites that will confirm what i said.
This is some of what I found In just a couple minutes. Sometimes info on cannibis site is confused so I try to cross refference to other gardening sites.

Compost is intended to improve the condition of a soil. When a compost is rich in nutrients and is added to a soil at an excessive amount it may well harm the plants. This is good reason that compost should never be used at a percentage of higher than 50% when amending a soil. Also good reason that compost should be evenly spread and thoroughly incorporated into the soil being amended."
Soilrejuvenation.com

"adding too much compost to soil can endanger plants. If you are in doubt or want to play it safe, add half now and see how the plants like it. If all goes well, add more later."
Ehow

"Using uncured compost can potentially harm plants due to its unstable nature. Uncured compost may contain high levels of compounds like ammonia which can weaken or kill plants, by making soil too acidic. Adding uncured compost to soil can also reduce the amount of nitrogen available to plants, because as microorganisms continue to break down material that has not fully decomposed, they take up nitrogen in the soil for their own growth. In contrast, cured compost contains more nitrate and less ammonia due to longer maturation and mineralization. Cured compost is also more stable, meaning it will not become hot or increase in respiration when watered or turned as unfinished compost does. Phytoxicity, a toxic effect on plant growth, can be caused by compost that is not stable or fully matured. Phytotoxins can cause decreased oxygen and nitrogen levels in the soil, making it harder for plants to grow."
The solana center composter

I mean let's be honest no one here is trying to hurt someone's plant. All of us have read these things online and very few of us have studies to back it up. Just "I did that once and it didn't kill it, and I got medicated as fuck!" But the majority of us (me included) can't fully explain why because we are not botinist just people passing on trial and error, case studies (usually not checking the sources), and journals. This is what I have found. I have sent my atomic nl into toxicity because of top dressing with the left overs from my EwC tea. So organic doesn't mean it's not possible. But like I said I have no degree in science or lab kit to confirm but my plant was great then I top dressed, then it looked like ass. This right here is y I hesitate helping people on here. There's always confussion and very little proof. My plants look good I know what I use, and they get better every time I compost and re use the soil. So in theory I break my own advice cause my dirt is 100% compost. But if I told someone to use a compost that I wasn't familiar with and it killed there plant I would be a super ass hole. That's y I say add less then if needed add more because u can't get it out once it's in.

Making compost is not science. It's what you put in that creates it, so composition can vary bigtime! For me it works very well, but for someone else that might create a confusion.

Well ye some truths i must say... but some of that should be basic knowledge to people with some gardening experience, some how i don't think a majority of wannabe MJ growers DO NOT fully understand the basic principles to be bluntly honest as their only interest is cheap weed & to get high or even medicate for such reasons needed, due to ill health !

So after many decades of hearsay & bad advice people are still led to believe growing MJ is a science, well its not its been growing in dirt for thousands of years, with some basic gardening/horticulture knowledge its pretty easy...

Oh ye... i forgot must people don't understand the terminology used so this adds confusions, so i may add education on the matter at hand ! Read a book on gardening, look at certain factors to enhance knowledge many PEOPLE DON'T !

Ye compost info is pretty much right for a copy 'n' paste job, but then again, did who ever really understand the nature of such before top dressing/amending soil ? could well be an uneducated mistake ! Mmm lots of those...

Back
Top Bottom