Should you use air stones and H&G root excelurator together or not?

o MR BUD o

hey people i was wondering if it is ok to use an air pump ( air stones ) with house and gardens root excelurator in my NFT hydro system as i heard somewhere that its not a good idea to do so!!! THANKS GUYS

re: Should you use air stones and H&G root excelurator together or not?

All the air stone does is aerate the water. Just like when your water falls back into the res with that waterfall effect.

What was the specific reason you where told not the aerate your water?

hey cricket thanks for the reply mister, i know that using air stones generally in any hydro system is a good idea and helpful to your plants but i read some where the other day whilst i was looking up and reading about a different topic that its not a good idea to use air stones in your hydro tank if you are using HOUSE AND GARDENS "ROOT EXCELURATOR" as well, the guy said he emailed HOUSE AND GARDEN to ask about using air stones with there product ROOT EXCELURATOR as he too had heard people saying that its not a good idea to do so and apparently they said although ROOT EXCELURATOR will still work if you use air stones with it it doesn't work as well and is not as effective as if you didn't use air stones with there product ROOT EXCELURATOR and as for the technical reasons as to what is actually happining when you use the two together which makes ROOT EXCELURATOR not as effective as when you dont use air stones he didn't say and as i've just gone out and bought an air pump and air stones i dont know if i should use them or not so any helpful answers would be appreciated!!! THANKS

That's a good question! Product literature will caution against using airstones while using Roots Excelurator, yes. However, I have had great results aerating while using the product. I'd use the silver formula, though--gold is better suited for run to waste growing.

Back
Top Bottom