Show me your T5 Fluorescent Light Grow

I'm starting G-13, Purple Kush and Hash plant and a 5' 4bulb t5HO and then I plan on flowering under a 1000w hps and a 400w hps. If I could do it under just t5's I would love it. I'd like to see a finished grow journal of somebody who has done it.

check out my pics, all my grows have been done via T5ho. i know they are not complete journals but the give a very good indication of what you may get.

I am currently using cfl's but I am REALLY interested in the T5HO's. Whats the pros and cons of mounting vertically or horizontally. Vertically would work the best for me because of space constraints.

Vertical mounting gives you additional light to your lower leafs but I suggest to sue vetical only for supplemental purposes. I have a a sunblase light at the top and two 2 bulb fixtures at the sides and this setup work perfectly!

End of week 5 flowering Gsc T5 grow

CAM00789.jpg
CAM008332.jpg
CAM008151.jpg
CAM00816.jpg
CAM00806.jpg

Question from a new guy who has started planning for the future:
I am considering actually using two different lighting systems, depending on the time of the year. I'm in a part of the country with hot & humid summers. The spring and fall are quite pleasant; the winters can get below freezing, but not like up in the northeast.
Spring and fall: primarily indica grows using two 4' X 8 bulb T5HO fixtures for flowering.
Winter: primarily sativa grow using two 400W HPS (the heat would be welcome in my cellar at that point).
Carbon filter for odor control.
I plan in growing in a good name brand potting soil with minimal added organic name brand fertilizer.

Sprout/clone & veg in a different unit using CFL's.

Does this approach seem reasonable?

What t5 setup are you using? Kelvin rating? Ty @growitsfun

Hey Treecandy352,

I am currently running a grow under a single 4 ft 8 bulb T5 in a 2X4 tent.
I am day 26 into flower using half Bloom and half Veg spectrum bulbs.
You can check them out, the link is in my signature.

Back
Top Bottom