Show Us Your Oddities: The Cool, Unexplained And Unusual!

I just had this (Blueberry Auto from 420) cola go real flat then split to make two colas. My short time growing weed and It's a first for me. Pretty cool. I wonder what happened? 7 other colas normal. I topped it at around 12-14 days old I think.
IMG_3414.jpg

You mean like this LOL.

I have one of those in the Blueberry Headband variety. The more you grow the more weird shit you will see. Got to love this hobby. Before anyone suggests it. It is not a Blueberry thing. Lots of strains will do this for a variety of reasons. It is just miscommunication between the roots and the plant.

You mean like this LOL.

I have one of those in the Blueberry Headband variety. The more you grow the more weird shit you will see. Got to love this hobby. Before anyone suggests it. It is not a Blueberry thing. Lots of strains will do this for a variety of reasons. It is just miscommunication between the roots and the plant.
That one just looks confused. Nice, Did she give you 3 colas?

Oh yea the re veg after a harvest auto. interesting. How many days did it take to bud up again?

Thanks stoneotter! :high-five:

About 4 to 5 weeks after harvest to start seeing the ‘crown’ of pistils at the growing tips.
:ganjamon:

The grafting came about because I read a comment in passing about the idea of grafting by notching the stems of two living plants and splicing them together to see if they’d grow into one stem, before cutting one of them free after a week or two.
I haven’t seen that method tried anywhere else but it sounded like an interesting idea so I messed around with it for a while.

There was a lot of speculation and mystery around whether the strains would have a crossover effect and take on characteristics of the other ones. I was hoping they would.
It never happened. At most I noticed maybe a tendency of them to feed a a different amount. They confirmed to the feeding needs of the rootstock somewhat- though not totally. The rootstock was a Panama, which feeds more heavily than the other two. And all three seemed to do ok on the Panama’s feeding level. The Thai was maybe a bit over fed, but not as much as I expected it would have been.
Other than that it was just like having three separate plants.

I did a bunch of other grafted plants and the ones with strains that had very different feeding needs didn’t do very well

The grafting came about because I read a comment in passing about the idea of grafting by notching the stems of two living plants and splicing them together to see if they’d grow into one stem, before cutting one of them free after a week or two.
I haven’t seen that method tried anywhere else but it sounded like an interesting idea so I messed around with it for a while.

There was a lot of speculation and mystery around whether the strains would have a crossover effect and take on characteristics of the other ones. I was hoping they would.
It never happened. At most I noticed maybe a tendency of them to feed a a different amount. They confirmed to the feeding needs of the rootstock somewhat- though not totally. The rootstock was a Panama, which feeds more heavily than the other two. And all three seemed to do ok on the Panama’s feeding level. The Thai was maybe a bit over fed, but not as much as I expected it would have been.
Other than that it was just like having three separate plants.

I did a bunch of other grafted plants and the ones with strains that had very different feeding needs didn’t do very well
What life stage were they when you grafted them? (the tops)

I posted about it quite a bit in the early pages of my current journal. I’d like to do more of it. Just haven’t thought of a good excuse to yet. When the right strains come along that fit well together I will. Maybe a few very colourful strains would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom