SHRuuM's 1st Grow Journal Of NL - TW & EM

What are your favorite strains with quality and quantity in mind?

• Sativas

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Indicas

• Hybrids

• auto flowering or straight strains

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Once your done with these experiments, you should start a thread in a specific forum to show and tell about your findings. I know I would appreciate it, looking good shruum!

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Not sure what forum to put it in but since there would be gaps in the grow journal I figured if anyone was reading this they might pick up some pointers. All info in growing these beautiful ladies is important, just trying to put my 2 cents in, but, I will boil all the info down and submit it elsewhere for everyone's knowledge.
:thanks::thumb::slide::thanks::tommy:

Over night the ppm level stayed at 1125 and when the bottle was shook up again, the level went to 1440ppm. This stuff works BUT its too darn expensive for continuous growing. The cheapest way to introduce CO2 is by a hamster watering device filled with vinegar dripping into a bowl of baking soda. The draw back to this method is finding a bottle that feeds no more than 1 drop a minute, or you'll end up "drowning" the baking soda. If one could find the old chemistry beaker with the valve at the bottom one could precisely feed the vinegar into the bowl of baking soda.:winkyface:

Its been 25 days since I started the CKS seeds and the girls got topped and a topping off of their pots with potting soil. On a sad note, I finally gave up on the 6th seed, a NL. After trying the emergency CKS method I gave her a proper burial next to her sister, just in case she decides to do something. Its been a week since the last watering so they all got a cup and a half of water, from a gallon mixed with .5ml of Golden Tree, Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro and PH adjusted to 6.5. After 7 hrs since their haircut all seem to be doing fine. Thanks CKS 5 of 6 seeds popping and growing is a success!
Topped_3_25.jpg

Today is the 30th day since starting seeds and I'm changing up the feeding formula. I've been using Dyna-Gro with Golden Tree as an additive. Thanks to NastyAceo5 [a tip of the hat to you Nasty] I've gone over to the Canna side for feed. Today is the first day and following their formula in veg state, I have a gallon of feed, corrected ph of 6.2 and a TDS of 692. Since I plan on a 2 month of veg state, the girls should like this new food.
:morenutes::green_heart:

Today is the 30th day since starting seeds and I'm changing up the feeding formula. I've been using Dyna-Gro with Golden Tree as an additive. Thanks to NastyAceo5 [a tip of the hat to you Nasty] I've gone over to the Canna side for feed. Today is the first day and following their formula in veg state, I have a gallon of feed, corrected ph of 6.2 and a TDS of 692. Since I plan on a 2 month of veg state, the girls should like this new food.
:morenutes::green_heart:

Thanks for the mention SHRuum i hope you do excelent with Canna... I know i do. I use the normal schedule which one did you decide to use?

Not sure about the schedule part, feeding strength or time table? I figured every 3 days but I'm open to suggestions. What would you suggest. I started with the normal schedule feeding and will go to heavy from here on out.

Thats all up to your girls and how much they can take. Like with mine in DWC i have it dialed in at 1090 ppm at 4 gallons ill chech again when it goes down to 2 to 2 1/2 gallons and it still reads 1090. That tells me that its consuming nutrients and water at the same rate. If i go heavy say 1200 ppm at 4 gallons and check it at 2 gallons ill probably have somewhere around 1400-1500 which could kill my ladies. So its up to your girls what they need and they'll let you know. As far as with soil you have buffer room so im looking at you for that info cause ima go soil after my next harvest. We doin this together man. Lets grow!:passitleft:

I was surprised that the schedule I got from the place where I purchased the Canna, was light compared to the schedules on their web site. And you were right, it was a little pricey, more like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, but if the results come to being it will be well worth it. I will be re-potting soon so a heavy dose won't be bad. I really prefer ebb and flow but my real expertise is in guerilla farming. I was doing DWC this last year but had lousy results. That is the main reason I dropped back into pots, you know, stupid proof. LOL I was looking for as close to 100% of success from seed to harvest, since this is the first time buying seeds since Amsterdam,pots seemed to be the natural choice. So, if I bite the big one at least you'll have an understanding at the mistake that was made.
:passitleft::high-five:

I finished up the CO2 phase of my grow room and I have to give props to CO2 Meter | Carbon Dioxide Meters, Sensors, Monitors, Data Loggers - CO2 Meter for their help and there great products. Their support, thanks "N" and "J" is fantastic. I bought their CO2 meter, the brains of this rig, a while back and recently purchased their tank regulator to go with the meter. The neat thing about this rig is that the meter reads the CO2 content of the space and it turns on and off the regulator to whatever ppm you want. Default is 1000ppm but I have it set at 1500 ppm which is optimal for the plants. The solenoid piggybacks on the plug in of the meter so the meter is in control of the gas. There is no guess work with this rig, no timers to fuss with, and with the formula from Hydrofarm — CO₂ Flow Rate Calculator the amount of CO2 and the rate needed are right here. Just plug in your room size and HydroFarm does the rest. I cannot emphasize enough,the importance of CO2 to the health, growth and volume of your crop. I've grown with and without CO2 and the difference is very noticeable. It took just a few minutes to tweak the system and it has been up and running flawlessly for 2 days. IMHO this is the best bang for the buck and I KNOW its working as advertise. I tried several other methods but this works for me. I just need to quit peeking in and checking on it and the girls. LOL Oh yeah, the girls are thrilled and look "electric" with leaves pointing upward sucking in the CO2 nutrient.
The 20 LB tank
20160331_163539.jpg

The regulator with solenoid
CO2_Regulator.jpg

The CO2 Rain system
CO2_Rain_System.jpg

And the install of the system
CO2_Rain_system_installed.jpg

The brains of the whole rig, the CO2 meter
CO2_Controller1.jpg

Now that the CO2 phase is complete, its time for an update on the girls. Today I topped them for the second time on the 42nd day of growth. I've also switched to the "heavy" feeding Canna schedule of the last stage of veg growth. The girls are loving the CO2 and the next and last phase of the grow room project is to bump back up from a 250 watt HPS to a 600 watt. But before that happens I have to solve the heating problem created when I was using a 400 watt HPS light. But all said and done I'm really loving the CKS seeds for their viability!
:yummy::yahoo::green_heart:
2nd_topping_day_42.jpg

i like it shruum looks like we're both around the same days from seed my CKS Purple Kush is at day 44 from seed as of today. Just wanna say if i was you i would stay normal untill after stretch in flower(2 weeks after 12/12 light change) then go full blown heavy with first flower nutrients. Just my opinion but its all up to you shruum those are your babies!:Namaste:
Pass that sμ¡T :passitleft:

i like it shruum looks like we're both around the same days from seed my CKS Purple Kush is at day 44 from seed as of today. Just wanna say if i was you i would stay normal untill after stretch in flower(2 weeks after 12/12 light change) then go full blown heavy with first flower nutrients. Just my opinion but its all up to you shruum those are your babies!:Namaste:
Pass that sμ¡T :passitleft:

I figured since I was topping them again, I would give them a blast of the good stuff. I'll be moving the 3 female Sativa's that I bred earlier, to the outside to finish, which would give more room for the 5 that are what this journal is really about. I'm also toying with going a little longer{I planned to change over to 12/12 at the end of the month}. This would give them a little more growth on the topping that happened yesterday. But it all depends on how the girls react and grow to the end of the month.:cheer: you go girls.

Today I changed up the Canna feed just a little bit. I've forgotten to add Golden Tree to the mix so now I'm adding 1.5 ml to the mix and feeding 1/2 cup of nutes to each every three days. This will help greatly with run off since I was feeding a whole cup every 5 to 6 days. My room is a little warm so the Golden Tree will help with that. I'm still on the "heavy" schedule of Canna and will remain so till the end of the month. I can't believe I forgot to use polymers in my soil mix which would of reduced run off to zero. Just got too excited about starting the new seeds. That mistake won't happen in the next batch. I'll also post up the polymer mix when I move my 3 Sativa's outside to finish.

I put an Early Miss outside 2 days ago cause I thought I might have a Hermes in the mix and wanted to quarantine it before any damage was done to the other plants that are starting to show signs of flowering. But today I looked and to my amazement it was a HE! No signs of female anywhere on the plant, but she'll remain outside and I'll gather some pollen later for a few seeds of my own. :straightface:
Early_Miss_male.jpg

Well that's unexpected... Hmmm. I guess you are looking on the bright side. Some fast autoflower pollen to make your own strains. I just did the same thing with my protégé 's male lemon skunk Fem. Automatic plant that he grew out. I'm hoping for a handful of top knotch quality seeds very soon.:)

KiG :green_heart:cheers

To say I was surprised would be an understatement, but that's the way of the weed, it will do whatever it takes to survive. I had one 12ft and 3, 10 foot Jamaicans reverse on me in a bad September month back in the day. After 3 weeks of rain and winds they just said "screw this" and went into survival mode and went male, shocking to say the least and VERY disappointing at the most.:Namaste:
Scan00061.jpg

Lol... Nice shorts. Hahahahahahaha the good old days.
That's a nice tree you grew out there. :thumb:

KiG :green_heart:

Good ol' gym shorts.....the last time I saw legs like these they were pullin' a wagon that said "Budweiser" on the side. hahahahahhahaha
Next day or two after all these rains and flooding stop and things dry up, my 3 Sativa;s are going outside and the room will be going into flowering mode. I'll also have a show and tell on polymers that might help those that grow in soil.:idea:

To say I was surprised would be an understatement, but that's the way of the weed, it will do whatever it takes to survive. I had one 12ft and 3, 10 foot Jamaicans reverse on me in a bad September month back in the day. After 3 weeks of rain and winds they just said "screw this" and went into survival mode and went male, shocking to say the least and VERY disappointing at the most.:Namaste:
Scan00061.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom