SHRuuM's 1st Grow Journal Of NL - TW & EM

What are your favorite strains with quality and quantity in mind?

• Sativas

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Indicas

• Hybrids

• auto flowering or straight strains

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So its day 42 of flowering and time for an update. I've watered twice this week with my well water which is 6.4 PH right out of the faucet, and this coming week they will get more nutes going into the home stretch before flush. The pollination of the Early Miss is a roaring success. The only bough pollinated is now growing seeds and the rest of the plant is unaffected, which to me is a SWEET and a positive result for the E.M that went rogue on me and went male. Both Train wrecks and Northern lights are starting to get some nice sticky resins going, and the slight smell coming from the tent is divine. Here is a couple of shots of the Early Miss and if you look closely you'll see the seeds starting to grow.
Day_42_of_flowering_EM_seeds.jpg

Day_42_of_flowering_E_M_2.jpg

and one of the Northern Lights
Day_42_of_flowering_NL.jpg

Things are going very nicely around here. Nice work shruum! A few more weeks and those buds will be ripe for the picking. Keep up the good work and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Yeah one of the Train Wrecks is ready for picking and the others will be getting flushed. I'm leaving the pollinated Early Miss for dead last and some Afghan, Zeus, and Original skunk seeds will be starting to soak tomorrow. Glad to see you up and around after you're sickness Snid, glad to have you back. Soon to be....:tokin:

Its day 49 of flowering and the girls are coming into the home stretch and looking fine. This first pic of one of my Train Wrecks is frosty with resins and the hairs are getting red. She'll be the 1st to harvest next week.
Day_49_of_flowering_Train_Wreck.jpg

This is her full shot
Day_49_of_flowering_Train_Wreck_plant.jpg

Here is a close up of the Early Miss bough that was pollinated and the seed pods are getting fat. Again there is no harm or pollination to the other nugs.
Day_49_of_flowering_Early_Miss_seeds.jpg

And here she is. She needs a hair cut BAD!
Day_49_of_flowering_Early_Miss_plant.jpg

This is my stubby little Train Wreck #2. Nice hairs and starting to frost up.
Day_49_of_flowering_Train_Wreck_2.jpg

This last shot is the broken Northern Lights. She has survived and done well considering the ham handed klutz that dropped a fan on her and broke her in half.
Day_49_of_flowering_broken_Northern_Lights.jpg

These girls will all be harvested by the end of the month and although yield will be small, they will more than make up for it in tasty goodness.
Right now I'm in the process of starting 3 seeds each of Original Skunk, Afghani, Morpheus, And Zeus. Although these are regular seeds, I'm not worried since I'll do some breeding to obtain more seeds. I'll be starting a journal on these babies and they will benefit from mistakes made. I hope you guys will join in when I get the journal going, which will be soon. Stay tooned for updates on the start.:thanks:

Day 58 of flowering and all the plants have started their flush except one TrainWreck which was harvested yesterday. Looks like Early Miss will be next since the flush has started her leaves to turn golden. I started 4 Sativa strains last week to give them a head start on a batch of feminized auto strains. If all goes to plan Zeus, Skunk, Morpheus, and an Afghan will be ready to flower by the time TrainWreck, Northern Lights,and Early Miss are ready to start their flowering run. These will be the focus of my second journal which will start soon.

Here is the TrainWreck drying in the tent
Day_58_of_Flowering_Harvested_TrainWreck.jpg

The golden Early Miss with her seeds ready to go
Day_58_of_flowering_Early_miss.jpg

The other TrainWreck
Day_58_of_flowering_TrainWreck_2.jpg

And last the surviving broken Northern Lights that has done quite well considering......
Day_58_of_flowering_Northern_Lights.jpg

While waiting on the girls, over the weekend I built a draining table as an upgrade to the tent. Not only will it be easier to access the plants, I won't have to worry about spills. I like that the rubberized mat is Canadian approved.:laughtwo:
Drain_table.jpg

Nine days ago I start 12 seeds. Three each of Morpheus, Skunk, Zeus, and Afghan. Only 3 have germinated, 2 Skunks and 1 Morpheus but nothing from Zeus and Afghan. They are still on the germination pad and if nothing happens this week I'll have to get with CKS. But I'm hoping and not giving up. Here is what I have so far, a Skunk on the right was the first, the Morpheus on the left was yesterday and the middle is a Skunk put in soil today.
The soil consists of:
3 gallons HF
1 gallon coco
1 gallon perlite
2 cups worm castings
2/3 cup of lime
2 Tablespoons of Polymers
Baby_Skunk_and_Morpeus.jpg

And we're of and growing again... Are you starting a new Journal or continuing here? Good luck on the last sprout...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Not sure yet. I was thinking of a new journal but with the new seedlings started, and more to come in the next 2 weeks, I thought I might just continue with this one, what do you think Snid? I was going to start a Sativa/Indica journal but with the failure of Zeus, Afghan and only one Morpheus, making it, it seems moot. I did start soaking the last of the Northern Lights, Early Miss and TrainWreck so they could grow together, but the failure has messed up my one month delay of autos. Oh by the by I used one of your ideas to salvage the old grow closet, do you recognize this? Thanks for the idea.:thanks:
seedling_nursery.jpg