SHRuuM's 2nd Journal - Skunk - Morpheus - Early Miss - Trainwreck - NL - Etc

SHRuuM

Hello and welcome to my 2nd journal. I will be growing Skunk, Morpheus[regular seeds], Early Miss, TrainWreck, Northern Lights and Green Crack which are auto, feminized. Green Crack will arrive this coming week and will join her sisters soon after. I gave Morpheus and Skunk a head start since they will take longer to grow. I will be growing in soil and the combo is as follows:

3 gallons HF
1 gallon coco
1 gallon perlite
2 cups worm castings
2/3 cup of lime
2 Tablespoons of Polymers

Since the soil will have enough nutes in the beginning the only formula the seedlings will be getting are:

1 ml of Golden Tree
1 mil of Rapid Start
1 mil of Cal-Mag
at a PH of 6.25

The seedlings will be under a Sun Blaze 2 bulb, 24 watt, 4000 lumens, T5, 6500"K" blue 2 foot lamp for about 2 weeks on 24 hour cycle. After the cup stage they will get their 1st transplant into a larger container and put under a 4 bulb sun blaze, same specs as above but will be 8000 lumens. This should be enough time to finish my first grow, harvest out, and get the tent ready for the new tenants. So here's what I have going so far. Hope you'll join me on my second grow.

Germination of Early Miss, Northern Lights, and TrainWreck. Even though this is just a couple of seeds, you get the idea about the other girls.
Germinating_2nd_batch_of_seeds.jpg

This shot is the girls in their new nursery. The Skunk is on the far right and the Morpheus is 2nd to right with 3 Early Misses completing the 1st row. The 2nd row from right to left are 3 Train Wrecks and 1 Northern Lights. The 2 remaining NL's have yet to come forth but I'm expecting them over night.
Skunk_Morpeus_Early_Miss_TrainWreck_and_Northern_Lights.jpg

Hey SHRuuM, nice to meet ya. Will sub up to watch your grow! Love to watch Crop King grows so I know what to expect when I get around to certain strains :) Best of luck and will see you around!

Hey SHRuuM, nice to meet ya. Will sub up to watch your grow! Love to watch Crop King grows so I know what to expect when I get around to certain strains :) Best of luck and will see you around!

Appreciate you man, hope this will be entertaining for you.:high-five:

Re: SHRuuM's 2nd Journal - Skunk, Morpeus, Early Miss, Trainwreck, Northern Lights, E

Looking for inspiration and you are growing a few interesting strains here so I'll come along if you don't mind. :thumb:

Pull up a chair and fire one up. Since these are Sativa's and Indica's you might be here a while.:welcome:

Re: SHRuuM's 2nd Journal - Skunk, Morpeus, Early Miss, Trainwreck, Northern Lights, E

I see your fingers got antsy and you beheaded one of the youngin's :) Very good. And the babies are poking their heads, great to see man! I have confirmed that Trainwreck and Revolver are going to be my next auto's in the adventure of Crop King's list :) I will be watching those Trainwreck's closely.

I see your fingers got antsy and you beheaded one of the youngin's :) Very good. And the babies are poking their heads, great to see man! I have confirmed that Trainwreck and Revolver are going to be my next auto's in the adventure of Crop King's list :) I will be watching those Trainwreck's closely.

I like the buds TrainWreck puts out, heavy, frosty and full of flavor.:drool: Glad to see you made it over here, hope you'll like what you see. Stick around for the ride their might be some surprises later on.

Darn it, I forgot the confirmation numbers for this journal. Wish I got the packaging others get, but here in Texas it would be a ride to the pokey! I got ca ca for brains.:rofl::rofl:

# 556569-CKS
Purchase Date : Jan 27 2016 for the TrainWreck, Early Miss and the Northern Lights

#564284-cks
Purchase date:eek:n March 16 2016 for Skunk and Morpheus

Today Morpheus and the Skunk got transplanted into temporary lodgings. These two were started on June 22 along with Zeus and Afghani strains of regular seeds. Today a surprise pop up happened when a Zeus peaked out from under the soil. As a reminder, these are regular seeds and its 50/50 that they'll be females. But no worries, if males show up they will be isolated and pollen collected for future pollination, maybe even cross breeding, who knows? Stay tuned.
All the plants were slightly watered around the edges with regular well water that is 6.5 right out of the ground. The only additives are: 1 ml of Golden Tree, 1 ml of Rapid Start for root growth and 1 ml of Cal-Mag. Here's hoping for the best for these little units.:cheer:

The seedling nursery is much cooler now thanks to forced air improvements and ditching the sodium light. Temps with a 400watt sodium was in the mid 90's even with the door opened. Now with florescent light and cooler air flow the temps range from 75 degrees to 79 degrees even with the door shut over night. The humidity fluctuates between 49% and 51%. So now the seedling room is viable and with the new 4 bulb Sun Blaze, the newly transplanted Skunk and Morpheus will have ample light for the next 2 weeks on a 24 hour cycle. After that they will be introduced to the Mars-Hydro 144 reflector on an 18/6 duty cycle.

Here is the progress of the Skunk's new home
Skunk_seedling.jpg

Skunk_s_new_home.jpg

And Morpheus' new digs
Morpheus_seedling.jpg

Morpheus_new_home.jpg

And last a surprise showing of Zeus
Zeus.jpg

Fed Ex finally arrived with the 4 bulb, T5, 8000 lumens, Sun Blaze. Now the nursery is complete. Tomorrow I'll make final adjustments like lowering the unit somewhat and getting the CO2 running and getting all the cords routed and tied neatly up. But for today all is good and ready to go.:Namaste:

seedling_nursery_complete.jpg

Fed Ex finally arrived with the 4 bulb, T5, 8000 lumens, Sun Blaze. Now the nursery is complete. Tomorrow I'll make final adjustments like lowering the unit somewhat and getting the CO2 running and getting all the cords routed and tied neatly up. But for today all is good and ready to go.:Namaste:

seedling_nursery_complete.jpg

Love the nursery, very neat and professional looking. Nice job!

The grow tent has had a couple of modifications: 1. 6 inch, 435 CFM, centrifugal fan, by Hydro Farm, modulated to 70% by an Active Air dimmer switch. This is supplying positive air flow, and has lowered the temps in the tent to mid 70 degrees. 2. A drain table elevated 16 inches off the deck, with a drain catch for monitoring PH on the outflow. This should give me an idea of how to adjust, if necessary, PH levels on upcoming feedings.

I have transplanted Skunk and Morpheus into their new pots and into the tent. The light cycle for now is 18 hrs on 6 off. I'd like to give a tip of the Halto Hat to Old School [I'm sure he gets the reference] for the idea of the drain table and the square pots for more placement efficiency of the plants.

the 6 inch intake fan
6_inch_intake_fan.jpg

The drain table
Drain_table_install.jpg

transplanted Skunk and Morpheus
Skunk_and_Morpheus_transplant.jpg

and their new home
Skunk_and_Morpheus_new_home.jpg

Since I was on a roll, I transplanted 6 seedlings into bigger pots and placed them under the 4 bulb Sun Blaze for the next 2 weeks on 24/7. After that they will be transplanted again and placed in the tent. The six seedlings are: two Early Miss Autos, two TrainWreck Autos, one Zeus, and one Northern Light auto. I had quite a bit of stretching on the Northern Light so she was topped and lowered in the transplant phase.

Using the Northern Light as an example of the other 5 seedlings transplant phase.
Northern_Light_1_topped.jpg

new temporary digs
Northen_Light_1_new_home.jpg

the seedling with the best root structure was EMA 1
EMA_1.jpg

Hey man, looking good over here! Just stopping in to say hi before work, I have been pretty busy and slacking on getting around to my journals! I'm sure them seedling will be loving the new space to get their legs stretching out and searching for water :) More roots, more plant, more buds :) Keep up the good work, I will be back again when I have some more time on my hands!

Back
Top Bottom