Shuffledemon's Organic Soil Multistrain Indoor LED Grow Journal — 2014

Everything doing okay. Seedling one and two are off to the races - #3 hasn't broke dirt yet which has me concerned, but it was planted two days later _because_ it was slow to germ, so it's a different strain and likely has different characteristics.

I'll follow up with pics once #3 breaks dirt. if it doesn't, well - more room to scrog I guess. Always a positive somewhere in the mix. :)

I have to say for me the best part of growing is seeing the seed break soil and become a seedling. Congratulations on you new baby.

Yeah - it is a pretty wonderful feeling. Have some organic kale now sharing the tent that I didn't plant from seed but nonetheless - I enjoy growing an array of things.

Subbed. You made a excellent decision, the reflector is a good light, it's been working well for me so far in veg. I always have both the veg and bloom switches on though. I feel like they are getting max light that way. :thumb: Congrats on the babies. Hopefully number three pulls through for you. Often it seems the little slow ones end up being the biggest plants in the end.

Shuffledemon,

Very nice setup. Damn close to what I have. I went with the Mars II 1200 for my tent. Have to wait for the girls to finish before I change lights. To close to screw it up now.

So I will be watching this closely as you have virtually mirrored my setup.

Do good and avoid evil (If you can)
Maui

Yes indeed - some updates here. Growth is going very well. Due to unforseen circumstances I did not LST/scrog them. They had to spend some time out of the tent.

It's interesting how different two strains that have had the same treatment can grow. I have a PH issue with my water - hence the tips of my one plant. Otherwise all is going well.

in_the_tent.JPG

Also just took two clones each from each plant. They are doing very well on day two :

clones134.JPG

I'll post more regular updates now that we are getting somewhat close to deciding when to flip the switch. I just topped one of the plants again, so I will likely wait another 3-4 weeks.

Subbed. You made a excellent decision, the reflector is a good light, it's been working well for me so far in veg. I always have both the veg and bloom switches on though. I feel like they are getting max light that way. :thumb: Congrats on the babies. Hopefully number three pulls through for you. Often it seems the little slow ones end up being the biggest plants in the end.

Hey Green - how did the reflector light treat you and the ladies through your flowering stage?

Day three for the clones and they are doing very well. Here is how I prepared them:

1) Snip a small stub branch from my 3 month old plant(s) (from seed) at a 45-ish degree angle. This shouldn't be challenging since they grow upwards at an angle anyways.

2) Using a clean blade (razor preferably - fresh xacto knife will work in a pinch) slice about half an inch up the middle of what will be planted into the dirt - ie. where the roots will grow. The idea here is that you will give your plant 2x the chance to 'root' well with two chutes vs. one. Honestly not sure how necessary this is - I have always done it though.

3) Dip that same end you just split into two into some rooting gel. This gel includes hormones and nutrients to nourish and protect your cutting in it's early stages.

4) Plant your cutting down in about an inch or so of soil. You can use your full size pot right from the get-go, but I prefer to use small peat moss based pots for portability while I nurse the plants into adulthood.

5) Keep the soil moist but not wet. Create a humid environment for them. I don't use humidity domes like most folks. I take my transplants into the bathroom on the counter under 6500k 42 watt CFL bulb(s). One bulb per 4 small peat pots (as pictured above). I run the shower on hot about 4 times per day for 1-2 mins. My bathroom tends to retain the humidity very well - your mileage may very - so do some tests before you trust this environment/solution to your plants.

I tend to keep my cuttings humidified for about a week before they migrate into the tent. If they are showing signs of struggle I will treat them with care a little bit longer but they rarely do.

Remember - these things are more resilient than you think - there is a reason we call it 'weed'. :)

Back
Top Bottom