Sick baby plants

beeguy

Howdy,

I have 4 seedlings that started off doing well and now I'm concerned. The leaves are yellowing from the center out. The one picture show a bit of leaf burn as I think I had the lights too close for a couple of days, that is corrected now.

Info: Feeding FF grow big 1 tsp per gallon of water. pH is about 6.5 after adding food. Growstealth 300 LED. Miracle grow organic soil with perlite added. Temperature 82 +/- 4 degrees F.

I don't know if this nut burn or what is going on. Anyone with some insight or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
p228.jpg
p132.jpg

If your miracle grow soil has nutes in it already, that could be the problem. the nutes in fertilized soil is too strong for seedlings. if this is the case I'm not sure what you should do. transpalnt with better soil or hold off on nutes and flush well till they recover.

Hi all,

Update. I went and bought a soil test kit and both the Nitrogen and Phosphorus come back at the high/surplus level. I guess I need to use only neutral pH water for a bit after a good flush and hope they can recover.

For the long haul, I think you should use water only for a week and if they are still alive, Transplant and get rid of the MG soil. It's just too hard to use quality nutes with a " hot " MG soil. Plus you will suffer later from salt buildups and you will likely have nute burn over and over.

Thanks for the advice folks. It's been about 5 days since I flushed and I may be able to save the two seedlings, the others were damaged too badly for recovery I'm afraid. Unfortunate as I had a blue haze and a trainwreck die off.

Lesson learned I guess. I'm combing through the forums for a nice soil recipe as there is no store close to me that sells Fox Farm or the like soils. Somehow, I had the notion that the Miracle Grow Organic wasn't too hot of a soil. I'll try to find some happy frog or ocean forest and start over.

They should have something for seed starting or unfertilized soil where they sale MG soil, don't they? I would use that at first in a small pot to start them then transplant to the fertilized stuff or use unfertilized for the whole grow. I think having nutes in soil and adding them too can lead to trouble. isn't that how your problems started in the first place?

Back
Top Bottom