sick og kush clone

Cesar49

can anybody tell me what I can do to fix this? I had a healthy plant now its this. im using scotts organic soil. plant is about a month from rooting. outdoor temps very high here in Coachella valley. just stated feeding it fox farm. I use water from hose. topped it once and super cropped it many times. if I am correct it looks like heat stress or nitrogen deficiency? new grower please help.
20140810_074952.jpg
20140810_074941.jpg
20140810_074919.jpg
I couldn't rotate pics.

How to Ask for Grow Support

Can you check out the above link and then provide all the following information:

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

Og kush
Indica
I believe it's in pre flower it's only getting about 14 hrs of sun
It is outdoor
Soil mix is Scott's organic with 1/4 perlite 1/4 worm castings
Pot size 5 g
Outside temp is very high in afternoon hits 115 easy I have it under a shaded area
Ph is at 7.0
No pest
Water every 5-6 days
Started feeding fox farm at 1/4 strength

This should help in uploading pictures: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Ok leaves appear slightly wilted and curling under. I would guess over watering, or bad drainage to be the cause of this. Soil that stays too wet can invite bugs, and/or root rot, and will cause a completely new set of problems.

I also concur with the heat stress suggestion. 115 is too hot for a lot of strains.

Can you get a couple close up leaf pictures, and pictures of twisting new growth?

I agree with you. my soil keeps moisture a bit too long. it is outside and I water every 5 0r 6 days. my drainages is good. its the moisture I think is the problem. I just ordered ffof. I should be getting it by Monday. I will be using that for the next sees I plan to grow. I will take pics as soon as I get home my friend. im at work. thank you so much for your help and sticking with me. by the way for my next grow I have 2 reg afghan seeds from herbies abd 1 northern lights auto from vision.

You're very welcome. 420 Magazine helped me get to where I am now, so I'm always happy to help where I can, even though I'm still learning myself.

You can consider reducing the amount of water you give the plant every 5-6 days. It'll help reduce the moisture level in the soil. Or just increase the time a little more between watering.

To get an idea how moist your soil is, you can use a NEW wooden pencil, slightly sharpened, and press it into the soil carefully in one spot all the way up to the eraser, then remove it after about a minute. you'll see soil on the pencil when you pull it out. When you wipe it off with your hand you should immediately feel how moist those soil particles are. You can also look at the exposed wood on the end of the pencil. It should still appear dry when the plant is ready for water. If the wood gets visibly wet/moist, then it's too soon to water.

Growing is a constant learning experience. With each grow you'll find a few things to change a little each time until you find the perfect set up. You can save a little time by finding someone who also grows outdoors, and has similar weather as you, and use a similar soil mix as they do, and follow some of their procedures.

Make sure you don't use the FFOF for your seedlings, it's a little too hot and can cause nute burn. Normal potting soil will work fine in a small pot or cup for 1-3 weeks, then transplant into the final pot. Fabric pots are great for increasing the air circulation a little more, or you can simply increase the amount of perlite you use.

And don't forget about this page: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know This page will have a ton of info for you to go over and you're going to learn a ton of helpful information there.

thanks again Antics. sorry about the pics having trouble with camara will up load asap. I have some 2 month old soil I was using in my last grow do you think it will be fine to use it with out any food for the 1st 3weeks before transplanting in final pot? I was going to start my seedling in ff :whoa: thank you for the heads up I believe I read in your last cfl grow that you used "used" soil and had no problems right?
Hey Antics, here where I live is an agricultural city. google Coachella valley and you will see we harvest some of the worlds best fruits and vegetables. what Im trying to say is that we have very good rich soil. so do you think I should just plant this og straight in outdoor soil? maybe with some sort of mix in soil to make it richer?

I've seen a few people that use phones or tablets to upload pics have a difficulty with orienting them the correct way. You also have to option of uploading them to your PC, and correcting them there.

Old soil. I'm using it in my grow right now. It was used previously, sifted to remove old roots (important to remove old roots!), and used as normal. If you have the budget to do so, I'd suggest adding some soil amendments to it before using. Worm castings, Bat guano, any organic materials would be great additions to the soil. I grow using synthetic nutrients, and had no problems without amendments until week 3 if memory serves me correctly, where I started seeing signs of a Nitrogen deficiency, and had to start using some diluted nutrients.

Personally, I plan to reuse my soil again for the next grow as well. I'm currently considering making a little compost tea from my compost bin outside, and a few amendments, but otherwise, I see no reason to replace soil, when all it needs are a few nutrients added.

My current grow in 'used' soil is actually doing better than the first grow. And I've seen videos of growers in different areas of the world saying they use the soil 2-3 years before planting in a new area, and giving the soil time to rest and replenish.

You can probably grow them in the soil as-is, without anything added, especially if it was only used for 2 months. But if you have the budget or means to add a few basic organic nutrients, it can only help your grow.

looks like overheated and over watered. disregard deficiencies until those 2 issues are resolved first because over watering kills roots preventing uptake so you need to heal root zone first and foremost.

thankx budnoob2 I believe you are right. I think my soil was keeping moisture too long. so I decided to take it out the 5 gallon pot I had it in and put the weed in direct soil. and it seems to have been blowing up in growth. Here in the Coachella valley we have some very rich soil.

glad to hear the good news - your harvest will probably suffer a little for the stress but hopefully being in the earth will help make up for some of that :)

Back
Top Bottom