MindRage420

Hey everyone, i have an autoflower here that popped soil around Nov.5th so she's 6 or so weeks old and im starting to see some yellowing along with that weird rust color i see all over the internet.

Since its more so on the top im assuming it might be an imobile nute def. Or over nute idk

600w LED
Last feeding 2 days ago- 1tsp (5ml) calmag
1tsp of ff tiger bloom (bottle recommends 2-3 but this is way too much especially for an autoflowers)
4tbsp ff liquid plant food big bloom
Ph 6.2

Measurements are per gal

Feeding before that was on 6.8 with calmag only so i am bouncing ph

Im not sure if i used too much tiger bloom or not enough? Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191217-231532.png
    Screenshot_20191217-231532.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20191217-231522.png
    Screenshot_20191217-231522.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
Love you MrSauga, but I strongly disagree on this one. Oftentimes a potassium deficiency is mistaken for a burn, but that is exactly what I see. Mindrage, you have second guessed the good scientists at FoxFarms, who are bright enough to have been able to say that if you are running an Auto, use this amount, and if it is a photo, use this other.
They did not however... and it just goes to prove what I say on here over and over again, an Auto is just another plant with no special needs or desires for less nutes than any similarly sized plant. Big plants can use big nutes, and FF knows that and steadily ramps up the nutes to take care of these needs, even in an Auto.
You second guessed them and gave much less than was recommended. Do not be surprised that you now have a deficiency. Feed these plants at full strength one time and then tell me 3 days later what they look like. They are starving for this non-mobile nutrient.
im assuming it might be an imobile nute def.
You tagged it... but there are only 3 major non-mobile nutrients... it has to be one of them. Trust your gut... you were correct.
:morenutes:

Love you MrSauga, but I strongly disagree on this one. Oftentimes a potassium deficiency is mistaken for a burn, but that is exactly what I see. You have second guessed the good scientists at FoxFarms, who are bright enough to have been able to say that if you are running an Auto, use this amount, and if it is a photo, use this other.
They did not however... and it just goes to prove what I say on here over and over again, an Auto is just another plant with no special needs or desires for less nutes than any similarly sized plant. Big plants can use big nutes, and FF knows that and steadily ramps up the nutes to take care of these needs, even in an Auto.
You second guessed them and gave much less than was recommended. Do not be surprised that you now have a deficiency. Feed these plants at full strength one time and then tell me 3 days later what they look like. They are starving for this non-mobile nutrient.

You tagged it... but there are only 3 major non-mobile nutrients... it has to be one of them. Trust your gut... you were correct.

So should i give it another feeding? 2 feedings in a row? Or give it just ph water no calmag or anything, then feeding after that give it full dose of nutes?

Also calmag with every watering is okay? Or only add cal mag with nutes

So final verdict, no flush, feed it nutes even tho I used nutes last feeding? Or do a water onlt first?

Sorry one more thing and thank you for your time you guys,
But em, what are your stances on fluctuating ph? These people telling me ph flux are bad? I thought that was good..?

You seem the most reputable so id like to know your stance..
If you say feed more tiger bloom then that's what I'm doing lol
Screenshot_20191218-215919.png

All good Em... :thumb:

Being that potassium is a mobile nute how come
Love you MrSauga, but I strongly disagree on this one. Oftentimes a potassium deficiency is mistaken for a burn, but that is exactly what I see. You have second guessed the good scientists at FoxFarms, who are bright enough to have been able to say that if you are running an Auto, use this amount, and if it is a photo, use this other.

But potassium is a mobile nute so wouldnt it start from bottom and not top?

I'm not sure what you mean. Yes it is mobile and P def starts at the bottom but does affect upper leaves as well. All I meant by 'All good Em' is I respect her opinion and we have a difference of thinking of the problem that's all.

Im
I'm not sure what you mean. Yes it is mobile and P def starts at the bottom but does affect upper leaves as well. All I meant by 'All good Em' is I respect her opinion and we have a difference of thinking of the problem that's all.
Sorry i didnt mean to do all that i meant nothing by the all food em thing it just quoted it for some reason.
Again things for the help.
I guess im giving it a full dose of nutes right now and it it gets worse then its totally burn if not then it was the lack of nutes.. We will see i judy hope i dont kill it lol

Also calmag with every watering is okay? Or only add cal mag with nutes

So final verdict, no flush, feed it nutes even tho I used nutes last feeding? Or do a water onlt first?
I believe in giving calmag only when I know that the deficiency is either ca or mg. I never have liked the shotgun approach of throwing everything all at once at a problem to see if something might work. Too much mg in the soil can actually block out other things, so lets go easy... I see no clear signs that this has anything to do with ca or mg yet.

But potassium is a mobile nute so wouldnt it start from bottom and not top?
That is a good question, but since our plants are so potassium hungry all through the grow cycle in a general starvation situation it can often times be the first thing to show up when things start getting a little tight. You have several things going on here and you are right, the upper growth yellowing is telling you that a non-mobile nutrient is deficient... possibly several of them the way the dramatic yellowing is starting to happen. But that bit at the end of the leaves that looks like burning, and is confusing everyone... that is what I was addressing with the potassium deficiency. It may be a mobile macronutrient, but when it becomes deficient it presents in the leaves as this elongated tip burn and it can happen anywhere on the plant. The new growth has prominence right now and it is reacting violently to what just happened... or in this case, what didn't get applied. It is my belief that with proper nutes, this will turn around and fix itself fairly rapidly.

Actually you could try our other suggestion too... and flush 3x the container size to get everything out of there, and then try again.

Now, regarding the advice from the plant whisperer and the chemically imbalanced...
What in the world does he mean by fluctuating pH??? Does this guy even know what he is talking about? Of course pH fluxuates in soil, that is what it is designed to do. You water at 6.3 and the buffers in the soil bring the pH up to the base pH of 6.8 as the soil approaches dry. It is supposed to fluctuate, and let me blow your mind even further.... the pH is different in different sections of the container, depending on how wet it is there. Fluctuating... please. These guys are throwing darts and hoping they hit the target while blowing smoke in your general direction.

Gotta agree with you on this one Emilya 100%. Now I know something is up with the sun or moon phases. Lol JK

At 4th week plant had used up all available nutrients by week 6 plant is now devouring itself for nutrients. Everything showing up.

Following Emilya advice will get you back up and running. Don't stress you are in good hands.

That is a good question, but since our plants are so potassium hungry all through the grow cycle in a general starvation situation it can often times be the first thing to show up when things start getting a little tight. You have several things going on here and you are right, the upper growth yellowing is telling you that a non-mobile nutrient is deficient... possibly several of them the way the dramatic yellowing is starting to happen. But that bit at the end of the leaves that looks like burning, and is confusing everyone... that is what I was addressing with the potassium deficiency. It may be a mobile macronutrient, but when it becomes deficient it presents in the leaves as this elongated tip burn and it can happen anywhere on the plant. The new growth has prominence right now and it is reacting violently to what just happened... or in this case, what didn't get applied. It is my belief that with proper nutes, this will turn around and fix itself fairly rapidly.

Actually you could try our other suggestion too... and flush 3x the container size to get everything out of there, and then try again.

Now, regarding the advice from the plant whisperer and the chemically imbalanced...
What in the world does he mean by fluctuating pH??? Does this guy even know what he is talking about? Of course pH fluxuates in soil, that is what it is designed to do. You water at 6.3 and the buffers in the soil bring the pH up to the base pH of 6.8 as the soil approaches dry. It is supposed to fluctuate, and let me blow your mind even further.... the pH is different in different sections of the container, depending on how wet it is there. Fluctuating... please. These guys are throwing darts and hoping they hit the target while blowing smoke in your general direction.
Okay so I just gave it 1 gal of 6.7ph of spring water with nothing but 3tsp (1tbsp actually, the full dose on bottle) of the tiger bloom 2-8-4 because it has most potash.
Didnt add calmag this time but i do every single other water.
Will let you guys know how it looks in 3 days. Thanks again!

Lol i know them two from another forum...always throwing darts lmao..

I understand what your saying @Emilya, just not sure the negative comments help the community. No one has bad intentions @MrSauga.... differences are a welcomed dialogue I believe, rightly or wrongly. Then the person that asked the question can decide how they want to approach their plant. I'm sure everyone is trying their best to ensure 420 mag is approachable and has educated form.

Best of luck to all....
:green_heart:

I understand what your saying @Emilya, just not sure the negative comments help the community. No one has bad intentions @MrSauga.... differences are a welcomed dialogue I believe, rightly or wrongly. Then the person that asked the question can decide how they want to approach their plant. I'm sure everyone is trying their best to ensure 420 mag is approachable and has educated form.

Best of luck to all....
:green_heart:
Not sure what negative comments you mean Momma, but rest assured that I meant no slight except maybe in the cases of the grow whisperer and the deranged guy. I know MrSauga well enough to know he took no offence to me seeing something that he didn't, and he knows that I have long experience with the FoxFarm system. His diagnosis appeared to be considering what was happening to be a burn, and my explanation tried to describe why that could be something completely different. I don't think either of us used any blunt instruments to beat our dear original poster about the head with our ideas... we simply presented them and let him decide... at least that's what I think we did. If i came across as negative in any way I profoundly apologize and I will immediately take a couple of tokes right now just so I can mellow out and be more approachable.

Not sure what negative comments you mean Momma, but rest assured that I meant no slight except maybe in the cases of the grow whisperer and the deranged guy. I know MrSauga well enough to know he took no offence to me seeing something that he didn't, and he knows that I have long experience with the FoxFarm system. His diagnosis appeared to be considering what was happening to be a burn, and my explanation tried to describe why that could be something completely different. I don't think either of us used any blunt instruments to beat our dear original poster about the head with our ideas... we simply presented them and let him decide... at least that's what I think we did. If i came across as negative in any way I profoundly apologize and I will immediately take a couple of tokes right now just so I can mellow out and be more approachable.

Sending ya love & light @Emilya

Back
Top Bottom