Sick plant please help

Kad03ink

420 Member
Hi i am in need of serious help with my plants. I would be very grateful if somebody can give me some advice. I have done so much research on the symptoms i am seeing but there are so many am really confused.

Ill start with my grow. So i growing sherbert from a cutting. They are in 18l pots of coco perlite mix and i am using growers ark grow A and B 3ml per lt ec 1.4 ph between 5.8 and 6

I water them every 3 days with approximately 3.5 lts each. I get about 35 to 40 ml run off which sometimes i leave sitting in the tray but most of the time i remove it. Sometimes i water a little less and get no run off atall

When i do feed every 3 days the pots are not completely dry and pots are light when lifted. The top 2 inches are very dry.

I have been vegging for about 6 weeks and the plants are about a mitre high from the floor. I lollipopped and flipped to flower 3 days ago and started noticing that the lower leaves have started drying and falling off. New grow on the middle section only on a couple of stems have died. now the top leaves are showing signs of discolouration (last picture) if someone can help me solve this problem i would be so greatful
DD457890-879F-47F1-9B67-A6BA90ED99E7.jpeg
C5093E3A-CC2D-4171-BA99-712BAB396514.jpeg
DB739769-80DB-4C91-BDE6-D37076896523.jpeg
918F7C69-E7BC-44C5-B41E-23E3CF3D3135.jpeg
4090542E-1B39-4915-87F7-7B02ECD17060.jpeg
58B0A885-91E0-4C93-ADF4-D2B567175BB7.jpeg

Too much nutrients. If you keep feeding nutrient water every time, what happens is that the water evaporates in the medium making the available nutrients more concentrated. Every time you water, you are making the available nutes even stronger until you see the the leaves go really dark, curl under and the tips brown. I'm sure someone will tell you how to flush and commence from there. I've not done coco.

Thank you for your quick message. I really appreciate it. I just flushed the plants and checked the ec of the first bit of the run off. My EC truncheon was showing 3.4 ec and flashing rapidly. Im guessing it is even higher then this. The truncheon max is 3.4!!!!!!!

Thank you for your quick message. I really appreciate it. I just flushed the plants and checked the ec of the first bit of the run off. My EC truncheon was showing 3.4 ec and flashing rapidly. Im guessing it is even higher then this. The truncheon max is 3.4!!!!!!!
I've got one, they are great. I would just run phed water until they look perky again. Probably take a week or so. You will likely get more advice from people fluent with this method. If you are running the full dose of stated nutes on the bottle I would knock it back to a third when they've recovered. There's nothing to gain by giving them loads of nute in the veg stage.

Sounds like you should be watering much more often.. Treat coco/perlite as hydro not soil. Reduce to quarter strength and water daily til you get substantial runoff. For example I water 11l coco pots daily and sometimes twice daily with 2.6 liters each time by late veg.

Sounds like you should be watering much more often.. Treat coco/perlite as hydro not soil. Reduce to quarter strength and water daily til you get substantial runoff. For example I water 11l coco pots daily and sometimes twice daily with 2.6 liters each time by late veg.
Do you water with nute water every time or alternate with plain water?

As the plants begin to stretch they will drink like crazy. I'd recommend getting used to running a relatively low ec with frequent waterings always with nutes, plain water is not recommended. Your ph range is fine but might be getting off in the media due to accumulated salts so lots of runoff for the next week especially.. My initial runoff ppm is generally about half of what I put in with this method.

Guys thank you all for your advice. I have grown in soil for a number of years. You are right. I have been treating coco like soil waiting for it to dry worried about drowning the roots. It makes complete sense. So i take it its safe to water every day even if the pots are wet and heavy.

Guys thank you all for your advice. I have grown in soil for a number of years. You are right. I have been treating coco like soil waiting for it to dry worried about drowning the roots. It makes complete sense. So i take it its safe to water every day even if the pots are wet and heavy.
It looks like you should. It runs straight through doesn't it?

That's what most do. Some seem to like to let it dry a little but as long as you have great drainage you should be fine to water daily. Most including myself find best results this way. Occasionally skipping a day isn't a huge deal. Not sure what kind of containers you're using but a lot of folks love fabric pots or airpots with coco.

That's what most do. Some seem to like to let it dry a little but as long as you have great drainage you should be fine to water daily. Most including myself find best results this way. Occasionally skipping a day isn't a huge deal. Not sure what kind of containers you're using but a lot of folks love fabric pots or airpots with coco.
Im using 18lt square pots.

Back
Top Bottom