Sick White Widow, heat stress? PH issues or root rot? expert advice needed!

bettybud

Hello everyone, I've recently started my first ever grow with 4 plants indoors, 3 White Widows and a Purple Arrow. Problems with this plant started very early like mid veg and i'm now into week 5 of flower.. the plant has continued to grow but at a very slow rate, so far i've been advised that it's either PH issues or heat stress but I believe i've taken the necessary steps to protect the plant from both of these issues.

i guess i should now look into root rot as it's something i know very little about, after feeding a few days back the pot remained heavy for a good few days..

Some pics:

IMG_32334.JPG

IMG_32322.JPG

P1100306.JPG

IMG_32311.JPG

I recently stripped all the big fans leaves off this plant as they were all crispy and i figured they were no longer beneficial for the plant.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice here, it will be much appreciated! i'm close to taking the plant out to make space for the healthier plants :reading420magazine:

Re: Sick White Widow, heat stress? PH issues or root rot?? expert advice needed!

Hi guys, thanks for the really fast response! the PH has ranged from 6.3 - 6.5, temps at the minute are between 71-77 although a few weeks back it got to 90! I've had two fans blowing inside the grow room and this plant has been much further away from the light than the other plants, yet "taco-ing" continues :(

Might just be that pheno of plant that can't handle stress. I've had decent circulation and temps in the 90's and plants never showed signs of stress. If it's the only one stressed, I would keep it closest to the fan and see how it goes.

Re: Sick White Widow, heat stress? PH issues or root rot?? expert advice needed!

if you fan is pointing at the light but your canopy is close and its constant you could COULD be drying your top leaves causing them to taco , your blowing warm air off the light on to your canopy , I Think , i had a few do that also then i spotted what it was

Yea it's the only sick plant in the grow room, do you think i should continue with it? the pistols are turning brown much faster than the other Widows yet the buds look tiny in comparison..

The other plants that are close to the light are very healthy, this one is further away and has been for a good few weeks yet continues to curl.. i think maybe it could just be bad genetics? but i'm new to all this..

Sometimes it can take a few weeks for the signs of heat stress to disappear, so just keep her close to a fan and she'll be fine. A little stunted but it'll still up your yield a little. And if you have friends that you give stuff to for free, give them that. It's better than nothing, and keeps you holding on to the good stuff. But i would just turn it into oil or butter. Make you some damn good edibles

Back
Top Bottom