Sideshow's Dark Devil Auto & Bag Seed 600W LED Grow

Sideshow Bob

What's up 420Mag fam!?

Sideshow Bob here finally getting this journal started.
I'm 28 years old and just had a spinal fusion done in July 2018. The pain and depression have been the main reason on the late start of my journal. Anyways...

Current setup:
Lighting: 600w LED
Tent: Mars hydro 27x27x63"
Soil: FF ocean forest
Water: tap pH 7.0
Nutes: Botanicare Pure Blend Pro soil
-Botanicare Silica Blast
- General Hydroponics CalMag
pH- n/a
Temps- (lights on) 75-81F (lights off) 73-76F
RH- 50-60%

Bag seed aka Karen, peaked its head out 9/17/2018. Whew... Karen is a survivor!!! She's gone through a poor choice in planting soil that drained horribly. pH swings, nute lockouts and just about everything else you can throw at her. Smh sorry Karen.
Karen was topped at the 2nd node. Yeah I'm an extremist. Lol. Transplanted into FF ocean forest in to a 1.5L air pot. From there a huge rebound!
20181002_185647.jpg
20181007_235622.jpg
20181028_234740.jpg
20181104_233424.jpg

DARK DEVIL AUTO

This is one of the most beautiful genotypes I've ever laid eyes on. Thank you @SweetSue and @MrMagoo I've been fascinated with your journals on the DDA.

I've named her Darla. She is stunning and has vigorous growth so far. Im high, sorry, but I think she's 13 days old today and she just got topped.

Darla is living in a recyclable grocery bag with about 9L of FF Ocean Forest soil. Figured it's close enough to a geopot.
She got plain tap water her first two waterings with about 250ml of tap water.
Her first full soil water was with 1ml per liter of grow and 1ml per liter of CalMag and took 2L with minimal runoff.
Today she drank a whole gallon with 3ml of grow, 1ml CalMag and 2ml of Silica Blast.
20181018_172442.jpg
20181029_231337.jpg
20181102_233618.jpg
20181104_233407.jpg

I'm open to any and all suggestions and criticism. Here to learn and I really do enjoy this art.

Peace and one love.

Well you're off to a good start Bob. :hug: Your Bag Seed baby is taking off like a green rocket and you have Darla getting ready to show you what real canna beauty is. :battingeyelashes: Have you any indication at all what chemovar Karen might be? She's young enough that I'd be hesitant to call her either Indica or Sativa. What did you think you were buying?

And as I ask I'm thrown back to my days of not even questioning, of not even knowing the difference or the significance. Thank God those days are ancient history.

So the better question is, "What effect did you get from the bag?"

I'm glad to hear you survived the surgery, and a big hug for getting past the pain and depression so you could get to your growing. :hug::hug::hug: The benefits of growing cannabis go way beyond the actual medicating. Terpenes effect you all through the process, a benefit our legislators have no understanding of....yet.

Soon you'll be able to make a small batch of oil and try making your own topicals for localized relief. You'll learn I'm a big fan of topicals. Lol! I'm also a big fan of learning to use cannabis to manage chronic pain, and not simply for symptom relief. We can talk about that later. Lol!

It's good to meet you Bob. I have a feeling we'll be fast friends. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Well you're off to a good start Bob. :hug: Your Bag Seed baby is taking off like a green rocket and you have Darla getting ready to show you what real canna beauty is. :battingeyelashes: Have you any indication at all what chemovar Karen might be? She's young enough that I'd be hesitant to call her either Indica or Sativa. What did you think you were buying?

And as I ask I'm thrown back to my days of not even questioning, of not even knowing the difference or the significance. Thank God those days are ancient history.

So the better question is, "What effect did you get from the bag?"

I'm glad to hear you survived the surgery, and a big hug for getting past the pain and depression so you could get to your growing. :hug::hug::hug: The benefits of growing cannabis go way beyond the actual medicating. Terpenes effect you all through the process, a benefit our legislators have no understanding of....yet.

Soon you'll be able to make a small batch of oil and try making your own topicals for localized relief. You'll learn I'm a big fan of topicals. Lol! I'm also a big fan of learning to use cannabis to manage chronic pain, and not simply for symptom relief. We can talk about that later. Lol!

It's good to meet you Bob. I have a feeling we'll be fast friends. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

Karen, I believe she is some type of cookies. I can remember it was a really nice head high then a good clean stone through the body. Maybe we can figure out through the flower phase.

Thank you for the surgery support. Still healing and a slow process. Loving the medicinal properties of strong CBD pens and tincs. I will definitely be coming to you when it's time to make some. Hopefully I get the same effects of DDA as you as a good head high takes my mind off the pain. Spacey!!! Lol

Word in the cannabis space is that the Cookies chemovars contain the highest levels of b-caryophyllene, an excellent choice to treat inflammation and the pain that accompanies it.

You may find more relief with something closer to a balanced ratio. That can be achieved with a high THC chemovar by adding a CBD isolate to the oil to get that balance. Then you can microdose more THC and CBD in until you find the relief you desire.

It’ll all make sense as you get further into growing and processing.

Word in the cannabis space is that the Cookies chemovars contain the highest levels of b-caryophyllene, an excellent choice to treat inflammation and the pain that accompanies it.

You may find more relief with something closer to a balanced ratio. That can be achieved with a high THC chemovar by adding a CBD isolate to the oil to get that balance. Then you can microdose more THC and CBD in until you find the relief you desire.

It’ll all make sense as you get further into growing and processing.

Omg Sue thank you for giving me more research to do!
I've had three previous grows when I was in college. Two failures and one SUCESS!!
This current grow has really made my love for science come back. I'm planning on taking a few botany, biology, and chemistry classes. I absolutely hated chemistry in high school but am loving it as I get older.

I plan on popping the last three DDA seeds in about a month or so... I may be moving soon, so that might have to wait. But when I do I definitely want to experiment with your knowledge and my willing to risk it all for future grows, growers, and finished product.

Check out my grow of a DDA. All I did was do one fim and defoliated very, VERY little in the early stages of flower. It's best not to do too much to autos, it will set them back and possibly reduce yield.
Thanks for the tips. I think I will leave Darla alone. For the others...ha!
And I'm about to check it out right now.

@ScHydro lol welcome

Hey Bob, you find a great place to start your grow! Happy Growing on :420:. And hope you like our Mars Hydro Tents. :ganjamon:
Good morning and thank you very much.

And I'm loving my tent! Fits perfectly in the space needed and has no light leaks in it. Also it holds a pretty stable temp.

Dark Devil Auto: day 14

So last we checked Darla got topped. Shes doing well took a day break in growth it seemed, but she back in action.
Tonight she'll get her foliar spray. A really diluted form of her soil feed except for the CalMag that I keep hearing this strain get deficient of under LEDs.
20181106_111115.jpg
20181106_111156.jpg

Here is a sheet that I found from a hydroponic store for MH/HPS. but for LEDs, just check the actual draw power which is at the same level of HPS/MH; For example, the 600w led might be around 250w, then choose the 200w or 250w line ones. Hope this helps!
1541557290568.png

Dark Devil Auto: Day 18

Hello again 420mag fam!

Darla started showing her first sign of pre-flower on day 16. She also got her first node clipped off. Again that seemed like it made her lose a day in growth. With that she won't be cut anymore unless she needs minor defoliation.
Today she was Lst'd lightly. Im very impressed with her vigor.
Oh yeah, the RH is is low in the picture because I had the tent open starring at the girls. Lol
20181110_144837.jpg
20181110_144100.jpg
20181110_144220.jpg

Back
Top Bottom