Sierra Cowboy 5 Variety Outdoor Container Grow 2020

Plants are looking great! Buds are stacking up nicely! :thumb:

Oh my goodness !!! I don't know what we did differently but we are getting huge buds this year :goof: Last year we used General Hydroponics line of supplements and nutrients, this year we used Mega Crop and compost tea, I think we are on to something. I know compost tea has been around since well compost, as a newish grower I did not appreciate the impact that it has had. I did my research and came up with my mix (as does everyone else it seems) and applied it once a week then twice a week after flowering started. The difference is about a 250% difference, I wasn't ready for that. The strains are different as well and that could be a big factor but I think it was the tea that put the capitol "B" in my buds, Big Buds, Big Beautiful Buds, Big Beautiful Bodacious Buds, AS BIG AS SODA CANS:yahoo:

Great news! :thumb:

I know I know it's been too long, once again the harvest moon brought turmoil to my life. Without getting too personal, I'll just say "Thank you" Texas, you are my world.

I have harvested my girls:( I do miss going out and seeing them in the morning after my shift ended. It was a whirlwind affair, the harvest. I took all of my clothes out of my closet and made a drying room complete with an air scrubber. The stems were hung from threads crisscrossed from one side to the other with a 5 gal active charcoal air scrubber acting as both a source of air movement and to reduce the enormous smell emanating from my closet;) To control the temp and humidity the room has it's very own evaporative cooler and I love to sleep when the rooms cold so that worked out just fine. Tip if you turn your closet into a drying room be sure to remove your shoes as well as your cloths, I walked past my locker at work and oops, can't bring those tennis shoes to work for awhile.

I do love the Dr. Ziggy's low and slow method of drying/ curing and did it last year, this year time would not allow. I let them dry at about 60-65 degrees and 60-65 % humidity for about a week to ten days, until they got about 60% RH in a far , stable. I put my buds in one gallon jars about 2/3 of the way full and included a 62% Boveda pack. For weeks I have been doing the jar CHA-CHA, every day at first then tapering off to about once every few days now just to get some fresh oxygen in there.

I did do better than last year by far the totals for my 6 girls were
7.3 Oz. from my Black Jack
7.0 Oz. from the Romulan
6.4 Oz. from the Magic Melon #1
4.8Oz. from the Magic Melon #2 (it was in a large pot but it lost half it's growth due to stupidity, mine not hers)
6.9Oz. from the Vanilla Frosting#1
5.5Oz. from Vanilla Frosting #2 ( See below for possible explanation)
6.0 Oz of potpourri (also see below for explanation)

I did have one incident during the whole process, in the beginning I had a few plants harvested to the stem and hanging from the strings. I came back to the closet to add more and one of the rods slipped out of the cradle and was laying on the floor buds everywhere. After much consoling from my wife and son, the two neighbors who are cool down the street and my mom I returned back and cleaned up as best as I could. At first I was pretty sure I could tell one strain from another simply by smelling them, after about a dozen sniffs all I could smell was bud. I had "Bud Nose" hell my cat smelled like bud and he was outside all day. I just kind of rounded up the little beauties and put them in their own section " potpourri " it smells great. Picture a Vanilla Frosting coated Romulan carrying a black jack and wearing a melon helmet gets hit by a wrecking ball, nice huh ?

Anyways sorry to leave you all hanging, last year it was the same thing at harvest time, it was insane. I don't know where I'll be next year or if it will be legal to grow in the state I am in but either way I will be here with my girls and my eye candy and my rookie questions and maybe just maybe some sage advice for a first timer or two. Until then my friends I will be lurking in the shadows early in the morning hours (not like creepy or anything, I work night shift so ) at the dawn of each day looking through the pages of :420: for the best and most up-to-date material and information on the planet. The only thing that can rival this mag is their forums, unbelievable, mind boggling, the amount of knowledge you can accumulate here can't be rivaled

Once again you all have been great and even though we avoided most of the drama that we had last year, I \t was good to know you were out there to come to our aide if needed, Thank you:adore:

Until we meet again on the pages of :420: Stay you and Growing forward. !

Congratulations on the harvest and the great numbers this year! Sorry it was a bit of roller coaster but I hope it's all smoothed out now.
I know I know it's been too long, once again the harvest moon brought turmoil to my life.
:(
Tip if you turn your closet into a drying room be sure to remove your shoes as well as your cloths, I walked past my locker at work and oops, can't bring those tennis shoes to work for awhile.
:laugh:
I did do better than last year by far the totals for my 6 girls were
:bravo:
one of the rods slipped out of the cradle and was laying on the floor buds everywhere.
:(
cleaned up as best as I could.
:yahoo:
(not like creepy or anything, I work night shift so
LOL!
Stay you and Growing forward. !
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom