Sierra Cowboy 5 Variety Outdoor Soil 2019

Mites are much more common outdoors but that doesn't mean they should get a free pass. They will jack up a plant if you give them enough time. I have a Northern Lights outdoors that I spray with a garden hose on days I don't want to spray with anything else. The water pressure alone knocks a lot of them off and keeps them from adding to the problem.

That's weird. Complete opposite here. I can take my indoor plants outdoors for a day and they are gone. I also had strains that sucked them up and wouldn't even touch my other strain. Don't remember what they were. The one they loved was white widow. Can't remember the one they didn't like.

I’m sorry, did I miss something... all I saw from that photo was maybe a lil wind burn... wheres the photo with bugs? :hmmmm:
no bug shots here I just saw them when I examined my plants a little closer. I took the first pic with my wife's phone because I forgot my phone at work and she left town, I will post a pic tomorrow morning when I get home from work. The mites are not heavy and the spraying them with water sounds great to me at this point, I think that will be enough to keep them at bay until we cross the finish line.

Sorry If I freaked out earlier the bugs are not overwhelming the plants I am just very protective of my girls. One thing that is confusing, Clobber said the GSC will go until November? that would mean it will be in flower for four months as it started to flower the same time as all the rest, around Aug. 4th. is this true?

Clobber said the GSC will go until November? that would mean it will be in flower for four months as it started to flower the same time as all the rest, around Aug. 4th. is this true?
The web can be yr friend (& a source of bad info too)...any common strain flowering time can be searched for. The info I found for GSC indicates 9-12 weeks on average. But it'll depend on the plant ya got & where it's growing. So could be mid-Oct or early Nov.

Grow on!

Thank you A.I.H. I got the GSC from a local grower so I really couldn't look up that particular strain, I could have looked on web sites that offer that strain :rolleyes:. I was so shocked by that information that I was about to dismiss it off-hand, sorry no dis-respect intended, first time grower and all that comes with that. All my other girls came from Dark Heart and the flowering time info. was on the tab, to see one so far out from the rest made me skeptical. I guess we will have to figure out how to protect this girl from the elements as our weather at that time of year can be both very wet and very cold at night. I am going to contact the source and see what he does, I know he grows outside as well so maybe he has some insight for me. On the flip-side this girl will be a monster by Nov. with flowers as big as rolling pins;) Thank you for the heads up on that, I would have never even considered a 12 week flowering cycle all the rest are 8-10 weeks. Not knowing that information would have thrown a huge curve-ball into our plans to back-build her buds probably ending in Fox-tailing. Man I love this site, soo many people willing to offer information and advice, it really is a special group :Namaste:

The web can be yr friend (& a source of bad info too)...any common strain flowering time can be searched for. The info I found for GSC indicates 9-12 weeks on average. But it'll depend on the plant ya got & where it's growing. So could be mid-Oct or early Nov.

Grow on!
Correct.

Didn't mean to freak you out. Weather is about the same around here that time of year. Gotta be careful of the angel of death at that point. Mold. Both the quote and our weather situations is why I do not do gsc outdoors. Sucks, but there are plenty of great strains that get me by outdoors.

I got one strain now that started crystals and buds in early June and just keeps going. It's not an autoflower, but it is rocking. I'll try and get a photo, but broken phone and my camera has to be plugged in to take photos. It's at a friends house. I don't even know the name of it. Had to take clones of that one.

Thank you A.I.H. I got the GSC from a local grower so I really couldn't look up that particular strain, I could have looked on web sites that offer that strain :rolleyes:. I was so shocked by that information that I was about to dismiss it off-hand, sorry no dis-respect intended, first time grower and all that comes with that. All my other girls came from Dark Heart and the flowering time info. was on the tab, to see one so far out from the rest made me skeptical. I guess we will have to figure out how to protect this girl from the elements as our weather at that time of year can be both very wet and very cold at night. I am going to contact the source and see what he does, I know he grows outside as well so maybe he has some insight for me. On the flip-side this girl will be a monster by Nov. with flowers as big as rolling pins;) Thank you for the heads up on that, I would have never even considered a 12 week flowering cycle all the rest are 8-10 weeks. Not knowing that information would have thrown a huge curve-ball into our plans to back-build her buds probably ending in Fox-tailing. Man I love this site, soo many people willing to offer information and advice, it really is a special group :Namaste:
It might finish in about 9 weeks, depends on your pheno & environment. Best to plan for the worst, though, & hope for the best.

It is important in the later season to keep a close eye on buds & know what rot looks like. Cut it out IMMEDIATELY if you spot it. Spreads fast!

If it finishes during the cool & rainy, it doesn’t mean doom. I’ve grown plenty of uncovered plants outdoors through fall drenchings, followed by heavy daily dew w/ out rot. I’ve yet to have a major loss (knockin on wood!) in a region w/ reliably crappy fall growing weather.

The plant looks movable. You could move it under cover during periods of crap weather.

Finally, harvesting a bit early isn’t horrible. I do it all the time, because I like the racier high that comes with a slightly early chop.

Grow on!

We should have filled our pots to a higher level ,
Nah, I'll bet they're not using all the soil that's in there now. They're not close to root bound in pots that big.
into the dehydrator for about 50 hours or until the RH gets about 62% . From there into jars for the curing process.
A slower dry is better than a faster one, as it allows the chlorophyll to burn off, creating much better tasting buds. Don't rush the dry to get to the cure. Ideally you would hang dry for a week, burp for two, and then seal for a 3+ week cure. Don't race to 62%, as taking time to get there is very important.
It's kinda dumb to have so many different strains for such a small grow.
Like this?

full

I also use Montery garden spray with Spinosad. It's ORMI listed and you can use all through flower.
I have read and heard that while Spinosad is great for lots of things, mites are not one of them. I'd go with the Safer's soap spray if you have it on hand.

;):pLike this?

full
Just cuz you do it, doesn't make it not stupid!:p;)
(I grew 6 distinct phenos from 4 strains last yr in a 7 plant grow...but I can't touch that lineup for variety!) :lot-o-toke:

Sorry for the derail, SC.

Grow on!

Update I have mixed 1/3 teaspoon of lavender oil with 32oz. of water and did a foliage spray on my girls, they sure smell pretty. I have also made contact with the supplier of the GSC and he stated the flowering is 8-10 weeks, that is right inline with all the other plants so mid Oct. is going to be very busy, I have ordered extra trays for my Dehydrator and will be utilizing that as well as the Dr. Ziggy;s "low and slow" method to make the most of the crop, I can't wait... but I will ;)

Just cuz you do it, doesn't make it not stupid!:p;)
(I grew 6 distinct phenos from 4 strains last yr in a 7 plant grow...but I can't touch that lineup for variety!) :lot-o-toke:

Sorry for the derail, SC.

Grow on!
No worries A.I.H. any time is a good time to look at cute girls:thumb:

Like this?
I'm not saying it can't be done. Nice photo by the way. I'm just saying I have dealt with it personally. It's not just the ganj. All plants do that. I was just saying with it being the first run, that it might be difficult with so many different strains trying to stay on top of what each different strain needs. Also, in the photo you put up, those plants are fighting with each other and I gurantee they would be happier and better if they were more spread out or all of the same strain. Not saying that thing is not bomb because it is. Just saying basic plant talk.

I just went outside to say good night to my girls and found this
IMG_20190827_182100.jpg

I guess ladies do like lavender.:laughtwo: No worries though she doesn't bother the plants she just likes the cool soil

Bwahaha! Cute kitty.

I'm not saying it can't be done. Nice photo by the way. I'm just saying I have dealt with it personally. It's not just the ganj. All plants do that. I was just saying with it being the first run, that it might be difficult with so many different strains trying to stay on top of what each different strain needs. Also, in the photo you put up, those plants are fighting with each other and I gurantee they would be happier and better if they were more spread out or all of the same strain. Not saying that thing is not bomb because it is. Just saying basic plant talk.
Its a bit more difficult to run different strains but its not really that hard. I run a perpetual with lots of variety and stuff of all sorts of ages, generally somewhere near 12 strains at any given time. Granted I grow in organic soil and all I do is add rain water so no nutes so I don't deal with some of the things that bottled growers deal with. I deal with the different heights in the plants by placing the plants at different heights. Some sit on a dolly, others sit on a dolly with an additional 6 inches of something to raise the canopy if its a bit shorter or just starting to flower out. My really short strains generally sit on a dolly and a 5 gallon bucket. As they grow and the canopy reaches the sweet zone of my lights I can adjust the girls height as necessary.

For me....variety is far more important than ease of grow. I need sativas, hybrids, and indicas for different reasons. I

Back
Top Bottom