Sierra Cowboy 5 Variety Outdoor Soil 2019

The things you don't know as a first time grower can sometimes devastate the whole project and sometimes it just forces you to learn faster. With the help of this group we are getting by and then some, I have literally read hundreds of pages on this site alone and have much much more to read and learn. We may or may not have made a mistake in getting so many strains and growing them in such close proximity to one another but then again we've learned something in doing so. Given that and the fact that our girls are doing well leads me to believe that perhaps it was not a mistake just another opportunity to learn. I do appreciate your opinion and value everyone's input however the value of success in the face of adversity can not be diminished. We will continue to make mistakes and scramble to find the fix, each time we will learn . I feel in the end our journey will provide us with more knowledge than the person who sticks a single auto-flowering plant in a pot and sits back to watch the magic.:peace:

Its a bit more difficult to run different strains but its not really that hard. I run a perpetual with lots of variety and stuff of all sorts of ages, generally somewhere near 12 strains at any given time. Granted I grow in organic soil and all I do is add rain water so no nutes so I don't deal with some of the things that bottled growers deal with. I deal with the different heights in the plants by placing the plants at different heights. Some sit on a dolly, others sit on a dolly with an additional 6 inches of something to raise the canopy if its a bit shorter or just starting to flower out. My really short strains generally sit on a dolly and a 5 gallon bucket. As they grow and the canopy reaches the sweet zone of my lights I can adjust the girls height as necessary.

For me....variety is far more important than ease of grow. I need sativas, hybrids, and indicas for different reasons. I
Totally agree with you. I have about 5 different strains. special rx (made up name cuz I don't know what it is), green crack, skywalker og, blue grape, tangimal. Think there is one more hidden somewhere. Age does make a difference. All of mine are in veg mode which doesn't seem to effect the thing I am talking about. Your doing it right. My point is if you put them all in flower at the same time next to each other, they seem to get pissed off at each other. Doing them at separate times works pretty well to avoid what I'm talking about. Almost like they are helping/raising the little one's rather than competing with them to be the alpha male (female in this instance).

Hey Sierra Cowboy. Sorry for hijacking your post. Just shooting the shit.

Van Stank. Mine look like crap. This is today right now. Been out of town for days. Working too much and finally get a day to get them back in order. Don't know why the other room looks limp. Looks like too much nitro.

Also, in the photo you put up, those plants are fighting with each other and I gurantee they would be happier and better if they were more spread out
Oh no, that's not where they stay, it was just for the family portrait :). Like where families all dress up in white polo shirts and faded jeans and sit on a photographer's set in front of a backdrop. No one lives like that!
if you put them all in flower at the same time next to each other, they seem to get pissed off at each other
But both Sierra's and my plants grow outside and flower whenever they are in the mood based on the waning hours of daylight. And like I said, with the right nutes (or none at all like Van), all you do is mod the dilution and everyone can be happy. I certainly get your point if you're blending 3 or 7 bottles of nutes wondering what each plant is looking for.

For me....variety is far more important than ease of grow. I need sativas, hybrids, and indicas for different reasons.
That's the way I grow, too. No matter what I'm growing, it's always dif. strains & very seldom more than 1 plant per strain.
Variety ain't the spice of life, it's the main course!

Grow on!

The things you don't know as a first time grower can sometimes devastate the whole project and sometimes it just forces you to learn faster. With the help of this group we are getting by and then some, I have literally read hundreds of pages on this site alone and have much much more to read and learn. We may or may not have made a mistake in getting so many strains and growing them in such close proximity to one another but then again we've learned something in doing so. Given that and the fact that our girls are doing well leads me to believe that perhaps it was not a mistake just another opportunity to learn. I do appreciate your opinion and value everyone's input however the value of success in the face of adversity can not be diminished. We will continue to make mistakes and scramble to find the fix, each time we will learn . I feel in the end our journey will provide us with more knowledge than the person who sticks a single auto-flowering plant in a pot and sits back to watch the magic.:peace:
Absolutely agreed! That oughta be a sticky, amigo, on how to learn how to grow (or do anything else).

Focus on the process & the journey, never the destination.

You're doing awesome on your grow!

Onwards & upwards!

Oh no, that's not where they stay, it was just for the family portrait :). Like where families all dress up in white polo shirts and faded jeans and sit on a photographer's set in front of a backdrop. No one lives like that!
Oh, do not remind me. Forced to wear beige pants and a blue shirt bought from nordstroms. No wonder I am old school punk rock.

Like in my photos, most plants can do that in veg. They only start to get pissy in flower mode. Which is why you search for mites, see leaves doing something different than the other strain, or whatever.

I've been trying to mainline all of these. I'll post the after photos soon if you do not mind.

Totally agree with you. I have about 5 different strains. special rx (made up name cuz I don't know what it is), green crack, skywalker og, blue grape, tangimal. Think there is one more hidden somewhere. Age does make a difference. All of mine are in veg mode which doesn't seem to effect the thing I am talking about. Your doing it right. My point is if you put them all in flower at the same time next to each other, they seem to get pissed off at each other. Doing them at separate times works pretty well to avoid what I'm talking about. Almost like they are helping/raising the little one's rather than competing with them to be the alpha male (female in this instance).
Being an outside grower ( and a newbie) I didn't know I had an option of when they go into flower, I thought Mother Nature controlled that.

She does. Only way to change that is through light deprivation, like moving the plants into a dark spot for 12 hours every night.
Yea well Mother nature has been doing grows for quite some time so I will defer to her about when my plants flower. Hide and seek seems like a real P.I.T.A. and opens us up for more oops moments like what happened to my Mirage and the cage Super topping ;)

Speaking of giving each of my girls what they need, it appears that the Blue dream and the GG#4 might need a little extra Cal/Mag supplement.. I gave them all their Nutes and water today but was considering a foliar dose in a day or two for the girls that are showing signs of def. Does this sound like an option to you all ?. I don't want to burn any of them so this sounds like the best option for me to customize their doses, learning, learning, learning:reading420magazine:

Being an outside grower ( and a newbie) I didn't know I had an option of when they go into flower, I thought Mother Nature controlled that.

Well she does, but it doesn't mean you can't be a jerk and manipulate her like most guys do to get some action. I don't, but a lot of guys do.

Speaking of giving each of my girls what they need, it appears that the Blue dream and the GG#4 might need a little extra Cal/Mag supplement.. I gave them all their Nutes and water today but was considering a foliar dose in a day or two for the girls that are showing signs of def. Does this sound like an option to you all ?. I don't want to burn any of them so this sounds like the best option for me to customize their doses, learning, learning, learning:reading420magazine:

Over the last few years, I have been doing cal and mag separately. Not to be a hard ass, but if you look at the science behind them, most being sold actually cancel each other out and do not even get used by the plant. Or only one of the two get used. That's a weird one to get a hold on.

Well she does, but it doesn't mean you can't be a jerk and manipulate her like most guys do to get some action. I don't, but a lot of guys do.

Over the last few years, I have been doing cal and mag separately. Not to be a hard ass, but if you look at the science behind them, most being sold actually cancel each other out and do not even get used by the plant. Or only one of the two get used. That's a weird one to get a hold on.
Cool beans, they actually look like they need Mag only , yellowing leaves but no brown spots so a foiliar spray of Epsom salt solution should do it. Thanks for pointing that out, the things I don't know:eye-roll:

Alright. Tried to get a photo of the roots, but it didn't work out so well. At least you guys/gals get some cheap beer out of it.
Then you can see my mainline system that because I wasn't paying attention is not working out so well. This will be funny to see how these hybrid mainlines work out.

Again, sorry cowboy for throwing this in. Just thought you would be interested.

Cool beans, they actually look like they need Mag only , yellowing leaves but no brown spots so a foiliar spray of Epsom salt solution should do it. Thanks for pointing that out, the things I don't know:eye-roll:
You do know. Geez. If I would have known all of this 20 years ago.. pfft. I wouldn't torture half my chicks for fun just to mess around and get the science behind it.

I haven't seen Hamm's in forever. Didn't even know they still brewed it.
My Grandpa used to store it in the battery compartment of his pickup, he would stop on the side of the road ,pop the hood and grab one. Yum yum piss hot Hamms beero_O

Don't pay the ransom, I have escaped ! Sorry about the absents everyone, I had a remodel to do at the in-laws home out of town. my girls were well kept by my Son and are looking very nice, the buds are stacking pretty good and I hope that continues for a while. It rained twice this week , once on Monday then again yesterday, after Mondays rain we went out and gently shook the water off to remove the extra weight more than any other reason. The girls really liked the rain, the next day they looked so fresh and clean that I had to take a few snaps to share. The weather is due to warm back up into the high 80's maybe 90's so bud rot is really not an issue. I would like to see a thicker bud but I guess everyone does, it is what it is at this point. We have continued with the General Hydro nutes and a little extra Cal/mag+ when called for. The smells and stickiness are over the top, the pistils ? are clear with only the smallest amount of cloudiness so we wait and enjoy the sight and smell

Back
Top Bottom