Sierra Cowboy 5 Variety Outdoor Soil 2019

Call off the search party! The plants are doing well, and I foresee a ton of trimming to do in your future. :thumb:
Thanks Shed, I guess I went to one extreme and my son went to the other, he almost lolipoped his just after they started flowering and I haven't touched mine except to remove yellow leaves, do you think doing some serious trimming at this point would be beneficial or at least neutral.

Don't pay the ransom, I have escaped ! Sorry about the absents everyone, I had a remodel to do at the in-laws home out of town. my girls were well kept by my Son and are looking very nice, the buds are stacking pretty good and I hope that continues for a while. It rained twice this week , once on Monday then again yesterday, after Mondays rain we went out and gently shook the water off to remove the extra weight more than any other reason. The girls really liked the rain, the next day they looked so fresh and clean that I had to take a few snaps to share. The weather is due to warm back up into the high 80's maybe 90's so bud rot is really not an issue. I would like to see a thicker bud but I guess everyone does, it is what it is at this point. We have continued with the General Hydro nutes and a little extra Cal/mag+ when called for. The smells and stickiness are over the top, the pistils ? are clear with only the smallest amount of cloudiness so we wait and enjoy the sight and smell

Lookin' good, SC. Great work!

A lot of plants put on the most bud volume in the last coupla weeks before harvest, so they should be fattening up some.

Upwards & onwards!

Lookin' good, SC. Great work!

A lot of plants put on the most bud volume in the last coupla weeks before harvest, so they should be fattening up some.

Upwards & onwards!
Sweet ! Good to hear, I would be OK with the way it stands but...:yummy:

OK I am officially excited, The Mirage is starting to get the smallest amount of amber tricombs so harvest time is looming. I have been getting "harvest smart" as of late with a focus on how / how much to trim and when. I have my dehydrator, hygrometers, paper bags and scissors. I will be getting some hydrogen peroxide for the wash and a mini fridge for the cure and I will be set. This is the first time that I have truly believed that I could do this, I know it's not over but I can take a breath or two before going back to holding my breath until the cure is finished:slide:

Woohoo! Excited for you, SC!

Hey Gang, I hope all is well. I am looking for the desired solution of hydrogen peroxide for bud washing. I know it is in the slo and low thread but don't really have time to look through 115 pages. Getting my supplies and going over the techniques I am going to use to cure my girls little buds. I am checking trics daily with my 30x lens and am starting to come to the realization that they are all going to be ready for harvest at about the same time, the Mirage first. Sorry about not being around much lately but I am super busy with life right now. I will try to get some tric. shots this weekend to post, with my medical condition this should be fun. I am looking forward to spending some time on the site this weekend, until then take good care and keep it green

I think a lot of us switched to Lemon Juice and Baking Soda as an alternative to the Hydrogen Peroxide. If I remember correctly, I used to do anywhere from 4:1 to a 6:1 ratio of water to HP. That ratio is for the 3% H2O2. Now I use half a cup of lemon juice and a half a cup of baking soda instead of all that H2O2. Gets pricey for me running a perpetual and usually doing a harvest every week to 2 weeks. I would need to start buying by gallons instead of quarts LOL.

I think a lot of us switched to Lemon Juice and Baking Soda as an alternative to the Hydrogen Peroxide. If I remember correctly, I used to do anywhere from 4:1 to a 6:1 ratio of water to HP. That ratio is for the 3% H2O2. Now I use half a cup of lemon juice and a half a cup of baking soda instead of all that H2O2. Gets pricey for me running a perpetual and usually doing a harvest every week to 2 weeks. I would need to start buying by gallons instead of quarts LOL.
I was thinking just the opposite, I was under the impression that most people were switching to H2O2 from lemon juice and baking soda. Can you tell me why you switched ? I am very interested in your reasoning. The main thing I am looking for is, as organic as possible, the best smoke and cleanest stash taken into consideration, so please tell me more. I can pick up a gallon of 32% H202 for $25 locally and with only 6 plants I should have leftovers so the price is not that big for me.

So after reading a thread by Bud Doc (not all 113 pages) it seems you only need H2O2 if you might have mold. I have been converted Lemon juice and baking soda for my little girls fruit :Namaste:

I was thinking just the opposite, I was under the impression that most people were switching to H2O2 from lemon juice and baking soda. Can you tell me why you switched ? I am very interested in your reasoning. The main thing I am looking for is, as organic as possible, the best smoke and cleanest stash taken into consideration, so please tell me more. I can pick up a gallon of 32% H202 for $25 locally and with only 6 plants I should have leftovers so the price is not that big for me.
If you are growing small amounts of plants, and more importantly harvesting them together, its not too pricey to do the H2O2. But in my case where I am often times harvesting a plant every week to 10 days, it gets pricey compared to buying lemon juice and baking soda. Mixing up a 5 gallon bucket of and using 4 bottles of H2O2 every time I do it.....4 times a month....starts to add up. I use the same bottle of lemon juice and box of baking soda multiple times. Comes out to about 15 bucks a month...vs about 2 bucks a month going the baking soda and lemon juice.

I try to stay organic for the most part but a little baking soda doesn't threaten my better judgement.

Second reason is I like the results better with the lemon juice and baking soda. Smells better and has better flavor to me.

Now I will say this....when my environment is off and I am running on the high RH side and there is any threat of mold or boytris in the bud, I use H202 instead of the baking soda and Lemon juice.

As usual we jumped right in yesterday and harvested the Mirage, starting by trimming the fan leaves and such down to buds on a stick. We then washed them with a 4 bucket system the first bucket contained 4 gallons of filtered water and a quart of 32% H202. The second bucket contained 5 gallons of filtered water , 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice. The next two bucket were filtered water. We followed the protocol and finished at about 10 pm.

I filled my dehydrator with all that would fit and put it on it's lowest setting, the rest I bagged up an ounce per bag and put them in my mini fridge.
This morning I woke up around 1pm ( I work graves so no judgement) and checked the fridge, everything was perfect 45 degrees just were I want it, I then checked the dehydrator and it was off, WTF. I asked my wife and she said she checked and everything looked really dry so she turned it off until I could check it, she may have saved my bacon. I collected the buds by size and jarred them up with hygrometers in each jar to check in a couple of hours. I am hoping that the RH didn't drop below 50%:(

We got so caught up in the process that we didn't take a single pic or take any wet weights ( insert emoji with dunce cap here ) we have 5 more plants to go so I will try harder to document them better. I would guess about 4-5 oz cured if I had to guess at this point.

On the positive side I have sampled the dry little buds this morning and oh baby this stuff will be top shelf when and if I get it cured right

As usual we jumped right in yesterday and harvested the Mirage, starting by trimming the fan leaves and such down to buds on a stick. We then washed them with a 4 bucket system the first bucket contained 4 gallons of filtered water and a quart of 32% H202. The second bucket contained 5 gallons of filtered water , 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice. The next two bucket were filtered water. We followed the protocol and finished at about 10 pm.

I filled my dehydrator with all that would fit and put it on it's lowest setting, the rest I bagged up an ounce per bag and put them in my mini fridge.
This morning I woke up around 1pm ( I work graves so no judgement) and checked the fridge, everything was perfect 45 degrees just were I want it, I then checked the dehydrator and it was off, WTF. I asked my wife and she said she checked and everything looked really dry so she turned it off until I could check it, she may have saved my bacon. I collected the buds by size and jarred them up with hygrometers in each jar to check in a couple of hours. I am hoping that the RH didn't drop below 50%:(

We got so caught up in the process that we didn't take a single pic or take any wet weights ( insert emoji with dunce cap here ) we have 5 more plants to go so I will try harder to document them better. I would guess about 4-5 oz cured if I had to guess at this point.

On the positive side I have sampled the dry little buds this morning and oh baby this stuff will be top shelf when and if I get it cured right
:thumb: Update ! all is well, I took the a look at the hygrometers and the lowest one was at 56% highest at 65% so into bags and then the mini fridge. The buds I bagged up last night came out of the fridge and into the dehydrator. The plan remains the same only the timeline changed, as always read the plants not the charts.

Yipee ki yo! Nice work...congrats & kudos!

Back
Top Bottom