Sierra Natural Science: Organic Pest, Disease & Weed Control Support

Hi Everyone,

We are a very proud sponsor of 420 Mag and have been for many years. Sierra Natural Science has been creating safe, all natural and organic pest, disease, and weed control products for over 14 years. We have created a new website this year, please check it out www.sierranaturalscience.com. Look for us in these forums and we'll try to answer your questions. If you want safe, EPA Exempt products that work and test clean, that's what you'll get when using our product line.

Happy Gardening!!

The SNS Team

Glad to finally see you become active here! I obtained samples of a few of your products several years ago. Unfortunately, some ended up leaking out before I had the opportunity to try them (probably my fault, as I did not need them immediately - so I didn't even look at them at the time). But I was satisfied with the samples that I was able to use. I've never had a problem with recommending your company and its products (and, in fact, have done so on numerous occasions).

Thank you for being a long-term supporter the forum. I hope you have been repaid many times.

EDIT: By the way, you can easily add a .SIG ("signature") to your account, and it will appear at the bottom of each of your posts on the forum. That allows you to automatically have a link to your website and - if you like - a short bit of text or link to one or more specific product webpages. There are FAQ threads about how to do that (and other helpful information) in this section of our forum:

And, if you need some assistance with figuring out how to do that - or anything else around here - just ask, and someone will be glad to help.

For those who are not familiar with the Sierra Natural Science and/or its products, the keyword is "natural." And the website is here:

You'll get the hang of things soon brother, our staff and members will help guide you if you need any assistance.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any pest or disease control questions for SNS, please let them know here.

Maybe someone can get you started by PMing you links to recent threads of members asking for pest/disease help?

SNS has been a sponsor here for over a decade, and I FINALLY talked them into getting active in the forums.

Please show them around, subscribe and promote this thread and show them how much we truly appreciate them.

Has anyone used SNS before and can share your experience? :thanks:

Hi there SNS! Welcome to the forum. I used your products this summer for bugs and fungal issues on my outdoor plants and it worked well. I plan to grow outside again next year and would like to take a systemic approach to the grows (I.e. start protecting them from the seedling stage) vice a “reactionary” approach. Is there a suggested product or variety of products that you would recommend? :thanks:

Hi BooWho2,
Glad you asked and yes. If you use the SNS-209 regularly, you have a very good chance on not needing to spray. On 4 plants, I used a total of 1 gallon of 209 for the whole grow, start to finish and never sprayed once for anything. There were no insects; well they were flying around, but never attacked the plants. So think of that, if you pay retail for the gallon of SNS-209, it's $110 (better deals all over the internet), that would be $27.50 is all I spent to protect each plant with no labor involved in spraying. I think that's pretty good, don't you? See the write up below and a link to SNS-209.
Thanks again!

p.s. the only exception to this would be caterpillars. Some areas get hit with these and some do not. Caterpillars are the larvae from moths or butterflies. Since moths or butterflies don't attack the plant, they lay their larvae which then turn into the nasty caterpillars that could then eat the plants. If you think you'd get these or you see them during the grow, then I would spray for these with a product specifically designed to get rid of them. I got a few of them, but just picked them off. Again, I was only growing 4 plants and still didn't spend any extra money or time spraying for common plant destroying insects like mites, aphids, white flies, etc.

Hi BooWho2,
Glad you asked and yes. If you use the SNS-209 regularly, you have a very good chance on not needing to spray. On 4 plants, I used a total of 1 gallon of 209 for the whole grow, start to finish and never sprayed once for anything. There were no insects; well they were flying around, but never attacked the plants. So think of that, if you pay retail for the gallon of SNS-209, it's $110 (better deals all over the internet), that would be $27.50 is all I spent to protect each plant with no labor involved in spraying. I think that's pretty good, don't you? See the write up below and a link to SNS-209.
Thanks again!

p.s. the only exception to this would be caterpillars. Some areas get hit with these and some do not. Caterpillars are the larvae from moths or butterflies. Since moths or butterflies don't attack the plant, they lay their larvae which then turn into the nasty caterpillars that could then eat the plants. If you think you'd get these or you see them during the grow, then I would spray for these with a product specifically designed to get rid of them. I got a few of them, but just picked them off. Again, I was only growing 4 plants and still didn't spend any extra money or time spraying for common plant destroying insects like mites, aphids, white flies, etc.
Thanks so much for the response! I actually have a little of the 209 left from the summer, and I had positive results. Does SNS have a systemic fungicidal type product as well? :thanks:

Hi, not like the SNS-209. However, the SNS-244 & 244C (concentrate) does have some transdermal effect. But it's not a systemic like 209 is. The 244's are topical sprays and will be absorbed to some degree and help fight off spores in addition to them being contacted by the spray.
Thank you!

Hi! I just wanted to say that I personally love the SNS products and because of that, your chart of products is posted to my grow rooms office wall for easy reference in case I need it. I love these natural products and the lavender smell that is left behind... so much nicer than the smell of NEEM. I almost killed a crop one time using NEEM and will never do that again. SNS allows you to go after exactly the bugs you are wanting to eradicate, whether it be soil, leaf or airborne, naturally! SNS has solved the problems for me every time I have used it, quickly, easily and with no fears of harming my end product, me or my pets. This is good stuff folks... get some just to have it around in case you need it. You don't need huge bottles of it either... SNS sells very convenient single application packets too that can easily be stored for later use! Shipping is fast too!

Welcome back!!

Hi BooWho2,
Thanks again!

Hey there SNS, thanks for your sponsorship and welcome to the forum.

I have been using the SNS-209 for over a year here now thanks to your contribution to the Plant of the Year prizes. I probably wouldn't have bought your product as I haven't had much luck with 'systemic' treatments for pests. But after getting a bad case of hemp russet mites, I scoured the ol' interweb and came across some pages from outdoor growers in Oregon who swore by SNS-209 in conjunction with sulfur burns to deal with them. Luckily I had a gallon sitting on my shelf so all I had to invest in was a Sulfur burner. Within a month of watering in the SNS-209 and doing sulfur burns every 5 days, I was completely hemp russet mite free. Same approach works great for spider mites as well.

I have continued using the SNS-209 and have since bought another gallon of your product. Its worked excellent on everything except aphids. I just recently got them (had to hang my outdoor harvest indoors in the basement and they must have made their way into my tents). Any recommendations to the dose to have better luck with them? I am finding I am having to pull the plant out daily to do a bout of 'squishing', as well as using a flashlight and shinning on the underside of the leaves to show spot shadows of infested leaves just to keep them at bay. I've recently added lady bugs into the equation which is working great on most of the plants. I generally use the SNS-209 at a 2 tablespoon per gallon of water ratio. Any recommendation are appreciated. The said plants are late in flower so I am not really wanting to spray anything as I'm within 2 weeks of harvests.

You all are so awesome! Thanks for the nice compliments and support.

Answering a question above that I think we missed.
If you're in a registered state, SNS-PC will demolish the spring tails. Or try an online purchase.

I have been using the 244 anti fungi spray for years. I like, Smells nice too. No problems. I would recommend.
CIMG1518.jpg

Answering a question above that I think we missed.
If you're in a registered state, SNS-PC will demolish the spring tails.
Each post has a +Quote in the bottom right corner. If you click that for the post you want to quote then the member will be notified you answered them. You received a notification from me since I quoted your post, seen above my reply.
You can also tag a member using the @ in front of the member name, like this. @JollyRodger

I tagged him so he knew you answered his post. I hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom