Sierra Natural Science SNS-244 Best for Powder Mold

I don't see any real mold... I would wipe it off with a damp cloth or q-tips and see if it comes back.Is this a outside grow? If it is it could be bird droppings...I have found it on more than a few of mine and just cleaning it off has worked for me.I have used a plant mister to rinse off a bud with a paper towel behind it to pick up the water and then blow it dry if you can. Or try gently opening up the bud (toothpicks work)and see if its off color inside.Like brown or white/gray lookin. It looks good other than the white stain. Is there other buds doing the same? Hang on Jess,Happy Hemping,Red PS well just FYI I have been doing "Mold Watch "detail daily and still haven't had any real loss(mabey less than a oz). I have gotten by with cutting back the affected buds and leaves and burnibg the area with the micro torch and haven't lost a plant yet. here are some pictures. Crazy but it has kept the mold at bay...
HPIM8256.JPG
HPIM8258.JPG
the pencil sized branches are still alive.i am amazed the whole plant is still alive.I an waiting for the tricromes (sp) to brown up some ,then I will pull her. But if it seems that the mold is getting out of hand,Down she goes...

This product I have not had the chance to use and I never will. I think it sounds great except mold forms during the mid to late floweri ng stage which if this stuff cannot be sprayed on buds. The buds that have been infected will turn brown and rot rendering them useless. Alsoif light will make the plant burn where the spray is applied and your in the middle to later stages it will stress the plant causing the plant to possibly herm out and other stress related problems. I know for a fact when powdery mildew or grey mold hit your ladies mostly happening indoors it can be defeated without any sprays, cutting affected areas off, or just throwing them out. It is human area in your room that gave the pm ideal conditions to grow in. Each outbreak has to be dealt with case by case and I just fixed the issue I had with it in two days and did not lose anything from the affected Ladies. Catching it quickly is very key so it doesn't steal all the vital sugars and nutes the plant needs to complete photosynthesis and flowering. For example this recent infected plant I just saved was do to a humidity and airflow issue. By getting a new fan and filter which is more compatible to the rooms surface area I used by creating a vacuum effect for air exchange taking the stagnant air out of my room and have another 4" hole for fresh air in. The filter on the fan takes harmful toxins fungi spores and many other plant enemies out off the room and pulling mother natures fresh air in. Also I used a dehumidifier to keep the air dry so the mold lost an environment that it thrives in. My initial mistake I made was that I had to leave town for five days and over watered my ladies and upon return caught the issue. My fan made by Vortech is made to hook up to a hood and reduce heat from bulbs and to exchange air. I actuall mounted it to my concrete wall and used a dryer hose that is connected to the pipe running air out and the other side of the room has a identical 4" pipe in the roof which are the only two spots for air to come in or go out while the door is closed. I only try and help people with issues and have nothing bad to say about things that are working for others. I have quite a bit of experience but always have more to learn. I challenge answers if I think they are not correct or think there is a better solution.

This product I have not had the chance to use and I never will. I think it sounds great except mold forms during the mid to late floweri ng stage which if this stuff cannot be sprayed on buds. The buds that have been infected will turn brown and rot rendering them useless. Alsoif light will make the plant burn where the spray is applied and your in the middle to later stages it will stress the plant causing the plant to possibly herm out and other stress related problems. I know for a fact when powdery mildew or grey mold hit your ladies mostly happening indoors it can be defeated without any sprays, cutting affected areas off, or just throwing them out. It is human area in your room that gave the pm ideal conditions to grow in. Each outbreak has to be dealt with case by case and I just fixed the issue I had with it in two days and did not lose anything from the affected Ladies. Catching it quickly is very key so it doesn't steal all the vital sugars and nutes the plant needs to complete photosynthesis and flowering. For example this recent infected plant I just saved was do to a humidity and airflow issue. By getting a new fan and filter which is more compatible to the rooms surface area I used by creating a vacuum effect for air exchange taking the stagnant air out of my room and have another 4" hole for fresh air in. The filter on the fan takes harmful toxins fungi spores and many other plant enemies out off the room and pulling mother natures fresh air in. Also I used a dehumidifier to keep the air dry so the mold lost an environment that it thrives in. My initial mistake I made was that I had to leave town for five days and over watered my ladies and upon return caught the issue. My fan made by Vortech is made to hook up to a hood and reduce heat from bulbs and to exchange air. I actuall mounted it to my concrete wall and used a dryer hose that is connected to the pipe running air out and the other side of the room has a identical 4" pipe in the roof which are the only two spots for air to come in or go out while the door is closed. I only try and help people with issues and have nothing bad to say about things that are working for others. I have quite a bit of experience but always have more to learn. I challenge answers if I think they are not correct or think there is a better solution.
the reason u dont have to spray in late flower is bc some of SNS244c is systemic and it stays in the plant keeping it strong is my understanding..it dont look like growinggold gonna come back and let us know but i will know in the fall of 2015 outdoor guerrilla growing season if this works..i will acutally be useing a combo of sprays starting at first sign of flowering and up to the 3rd or 4th week i will use greencure on week 1 sns224c on week 2 and repeat if needed..i lost total plants to grey mold this year so im gonna gonna with hardy outdoor strains like serious-6,biddy early,easy sativa and early skunk to just name a few and hope that this will work bc im so sick of cutting down rotting colas

I've been fighting PM for a while and don't yet know what works there is not any SNS 244 in any of the shops around here. I need to know if I should let my husband throw the moldy buds on the burn pile?

I've been fighting PM for a while and don't yet know what works there is not any SNS 244 in any of the shops around here. I need to know if I should let my husband throw the moldy buds on the burn pile?

I've heard lots of information about PM and how to get rid of it now, but what about the buds that already have it. We've already cut down lots of buds that appear to be affected. Can we still make waxes/oils out of it?
Please I need to know soon. My husband is going to throw approx. 4 pounds into the burn pile if I don't get an answer quick.

New here so if this has been said already.........

Try activated charcoal in open containers in your grow room to reduce moisture, and humidity, which may help with stopping mold.

Has anyone actually used this and had the claimed results from it? I really am interested in hearing if the 244 worked as described for any long term growers.

Aren't we talking about power mildew...and not powder mold. Anyway, I have had great success with a sulphur burner. Mildew Cure worked pretty good as well but not as effective as the sulphur burner.

I know we're all a bunch of pot smokers around here, but I did not find one response on this thread about results of this spray. I just ordered some and hope that I've discovered my PM issue early enough. I will post a detail of what I did to combat the problem and the final outcome. Stay tuned!

Update, i ordered this 4 days ago, and its still not here. In place of this you can use 1.5 ounces of H2O2 per gallon of water. Put in spray bottle and mist your plant. You should be good to do this a few times. If you are flowering you should consider a bath in the same solution after you harvest. There is a video on youtube by Jorge Cervantes, check it out. At this point i will use the SNS if i ever find WPM again. Sorry i cant provide a review, it just took too long to get here.

You can follow the link in my sig Sour OG Clones, to see what I did.

Back
Top Bottom