*sigh*

FashionLad

I didn't know what to title this, sorry.

Here's the deal: I met this girl and started talking to her while I was in the process of moving out of my parents house. I respected the rules of my parents house and didn't have a lick of pot. That was going to change when I moved out of my parents' house. However, I met a girl and started talking to her and she's very anti-drug. I don't blame her, I guess. She's had bad experiences in the past with other people. Fine. Thing is, I had this huge crush on this girl and decided to stay clean thinking that I could just talk her down from hating it to at least tolerating it. In that process, I've basically turned to alcohol which isn't something that I really care for. I'd much rather :bongrip: than be slurred, stumbling at night... and sick in the morning.

Well, I've fallen in love and I haven't had alcohol in like 2 months. I actually feel a lot better after basically giving that up.

The reason my parents were so anti-pot was because I got busted for it when I was 16, and there were a lot of court fees and what not. Took them a long, long time to pay it all off. I'm thankful for that, so I respected their rules. Now I have a girlfriend who basically shuts down the notion of marijuana whenever she can.

It's the like the deck is just stacked against me. No, I won't be dumping the girlfriend. And I'm not much one for lying about anything. Maybe I'm approaching it all wrong???

Whatever works for you man. This is complimacated stuff.. :)

I told my (now wife) what I did, who I was and what I liked right up front, that way she could go find someone else if she wasn't crazy enough to live with me. If her differences in opinion on Cannabis were so different from mine, we would have never gotten married. The whole philosophy is too ingrained into who I am not to effect a lot of other areas in our relationship.

I told my (now wife) what I did, who I was and what I liked right up front, that way she could go find someone else if she wasn't crazy enough to live with me. If her differences in opinion on Cannabis were so different from mine, we would have never gotten married. The whole philosophy is too ingrained into who I am not to effect a lot of other areas in our relationship.

Yeah... I know. Well, I told her about what happened when I was 16. She's OK with that because it was in the past. But anytime I've brought up it just gets shutdown. She doesn't like to hear when I say that I think alcohol should be illegal. I'll keep working on it, I'm sure.

The relationship will never last if you are already having to give up things you care about. I'd let her know how you feel about it. I've been with my wife for over 10 years and she doesn't smoke, but she would much rather me smoke herb than drink alcohol and make an ass of myself. She has no problem setting an anti-pot person straight on their facts and she doesn't even smoke it lol.

Damn . . . Tough issues. My best friend is going through the sane issue with her boyfriend. He is against drugs, even weed. She told him in the very beginning that she wouldn't be willing to give it up and if it was going to be an issue they wouldn't be able to continue dating. They are pretty serious now, she smokes and they don't talk about it. She doesn't seem to see it going any further.

My ex-wife couldn't handle it. After she left our for marriage I learned that she had been planning to do so for more than a year. She said she left on account of MJ; but, that was bullshit, nothing but an excuse. Nonetheless, if or when I hook up again it will be with someone who enjoys and appreciates the green. I am getting to know such a lady now. We will see.

You've already lied to her twice...first when you concealed your love for cannabis, and second when you led her to believe you are a drunk.

If you truly love her, I'd suggest you tighten up your game and start telling her the truth. About everything. Tell her you love to smoke. Tell her you hate to drink. Tell her you'll only eat a ham sandwich if it's made on toast. Because the best part of being in love is knowing that the other person loves you for who you really are.

:bongrip: Peace

You've already lied to her twice...first when you concealed your love for cannabis, and second when you led her to believe you are a drunk.

If you truly love her, I'd suggest you tighten up your game and start telling her the truth. About everything. Tell her you love to smoke. Tell her you hate to drink. Tell her you'll only eat a ham sandwich if it's made on toast. Because the best part of being in love is knowing that the other person loves you for who you really are.

:bongrip: Peace

Thanks for the advice. I never led her to believe I was a drunk... I do like getting effed up, but she knows I'm not a huge drinker at all. Considering she's out drinking now with her friends.. I was honoring the All-Star weekend.

But for the most part, I believe you're right. And dammit! She better know how I like my sandwiches!! Nah, she does. She won't let me near a kitchen. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'll have a straight forward sit-down with her when the time is right, and soon.

wow,this is complicated. Leave it to a woman to set us guys straight. Where have you been all my life, Msredeye?

I dated my ex wife for years before we got married. I never hid anything from her, she knew I liked pot and never had a problem with it. Shortly after getting married, she changed her mind and made it quite clear that it was not acceptable, and I had better quit, or else. She even told my parents and co-workers and made a big deal of it. (of course mom and dad weren't surprised) So I quit. Three years later she cheated on me, stole my money, and I found out she had been using c**e. We got divorced, and I have been smoking happily ever since.

My ex-wife used to blame pot for our divorce.She would tell anyone who would listen, that all I did was smoke pot.She knew before we ever started dating that was my thing,that was how I dealt with stress.Then my grandfather/employer died,and she thought she was on easy street,but things didn't go the way she had planned.I found out from her father that when she found out about the will she said and I qoute"I am not going to work ,never plan on working,If I:whoa: stay with him{me} i'll have to work and i'm not going to do that."Since then I have been supporting her and her dead beat boyfreind with my childsupport money. All i'm saying is don't make any decisions until you know they are ther for you and not some other reason.

I talked to the lady about it, we're golden. :)

Back
Top Bottom