Signifigance of 4:20

PFlynn

We all probally know the real story of 4:20,the high school kids who used the number to talk in code around their parents.For the longest time I thought it was the "police code for MJ crimes"because that was what I was told lol.Back in the day when I was selling weed Cell phones were just out and were way too expensive so we all had pagers and everyone had their own number so we knew who was calling.We did'nt have many phones that called back,so we came up with codes for everything, even my personal number doubled as a code to get the hell over to my place if it was put after another number(my code was my street number makes sense).057 was *** upside down,and of corse 4:20 was for weed and 50 was for cops and so on.Five of us got chased by cops in a huge city we were"nt farmillar with,but useing the codes we all found everyone without even useing a phone.I have a hemp jacket with a 4:20 patch,the jacket is so durable its lasted me seven years.Thats incredible because Ive been on crutches the wole time Ive owned it and Ive destroyed heavy leather coats in the armpits after only one year.But it's the patch wich people will come up to me on the street and start talking about 4:20 and weed.In fact I was sitting there one day all boned out sat down at the computer and thought I wonder what kinda shit would come up if I put 4:20 in and thats how I found this place.

This is what Wikipedia says on this topic

Although many diverse theories exist to explain the origin of the term, it is widely accepted that in 1971, a group of teenagers at San Rafael High School in San Rafael, California used to meet after school at 4:20 p.m. to smoke cannabis at the Louis Pasteur statue. The term became part of their group's salute, "420 Louis!", and became popularized in the late 1980s by fans of The Grateful Dead. Many cannabis users continue to observe 4:20 as a time to smoke communally. By extension April 20 ("4/20" in U.S. dating shorthand) has evolved into a counterculture holiday, where people gather to celebrate and consume cannabis. In some locations this celebration coincides with Earth Week.

I know 4/20 is my fav holiday :adore:

and 4:20am and 4:20pm are my fav times :smokin:

we have codes for bud now a days too when we'd call our friends to see if they had any...lol

I know 4/20 is my fav holiday :adore:

and 4:20am and 4:20pm are my fav times :smokin:

we have codes for bud now a days too when we'd call our friends to see if they had any...lol

Yep Yep to this day thats how I get my bud,that number is special,in a special way.Look where we are at 4:20Mag.com, It's coo coo:loopy::loopy:

The most important thing we should remember about the number 420 is that it brought us all together.Sure a bunch of kids sign up but they come and go,it's all the old heads and growers that stick around.It's like minded people sharing priceless information on growing the plant that we love with a passion.It's real medicine for allot of us,and is a safe way to relax after a hard day.So however you stumbled to this site the number 4:20 is special in many ways,and I'm personally glad I happened to put 420 in a search and ended up here.

I kinda have a code. I call my bro up and just say "Dude, I have something amazing I wanna show you." He used to say "Amazing like last time?". Then I would say "even better". "How can it get any better?" He would always ask then I would reply "It just keeps getting better all the time. I don't know why."
Now when I say I have something amazing to show ya he just says "When you stopping by?"
I am a big fan of the number 420 too but only seem to use the term when I am on the comp. I do take off work every April 20th. I wonder if anybody ever noticed that at my work.

the code i used to use when my friends and i were going for a high ride was simple and effictive. we always told our parents we were going bowling. my mom was a social worker in a drug abuse program and knows the usual codes.

Back
Top Bottom