Silver Balls! A Side Project Production, Definitely Not A X-Mas Movie!

Mastrmasn

So here we go. As if dealing with one grow while learning the ins and outs of Hempy buckets isn't enough, I'm going all in on this little side project.
I've spent months researching breeding. Soaked up all the info on the subject I could from all you fine people.

Now I jump in. I won't be breeding per say this time around. As a first experiment I'm going to be making my own CS. The little philly that's going to get all turned around is a GG clone from my current grow.
Until I see a sure sign of balls on her she will be living with the big girls and go into flower at the same time.

I'm not planning on using her pollen straight away. I'll store it for the next run. It's all part of tge expirement.

Can I turn her and save her wonderful pollen to get some feminized F1s. So whether this works or not it's a learning experience. Hopefully with loads of input from the community.

Enjoy the show.
20190603_193540.jpg
20190603_195433.jpg
20190603_195439.jpg
20190602_182357.jpg

So I freaked out last night after seeing the results and stopped the process. Thanks to @Weaselcracker and some great info reading through his journal. Ill start it up again today and let it ride. Should strained tomorrow and the victim gets its first dose.

Good luck. Hopefully it works for you. My last session with CS got me lots of nanners but no seeds, for some reason.
Silver tarnishes black, or a blue-black colour, as you may have seen if you have any old silverware. I work with silver a lot making jewellery and the process of sanding and polishing will stain countertops, and you’re going to see some black when you blow your nose after a day’s work...
Silver is known as a non toxic metal and isn’t something you need a lot of caution to work around. There are no links whatsoever to health problems caused by silver. Except for one effect which is a blueish staining of the skin from prolonged extreme levels of exposure.

Obviously more silver gets freed in the process of making CS than can easily dissolve in the water. You’ll see a lot of crud build up, which is a paste of silver. Oxygen is produced during the process as well, hence the tarnishing. It will also electroplate the inside of the jar with layer of it. I’m not sure why the results looks so sickly, but they do.

You can probably stop spraying after a few more days. The effect keeps progressing after that.
Thanks. Good to know. The info on the web isn't always great. Some say keep going until they start to open others say when they first show.

Don’t worry too much. But separate them before the CS induced flowers start to open. So probably soon. But my last couple attempts with CS produced so few seeds that I’m a lot less worried about separating them immediately. Of course it might go differently for you.

I meant to mention - I’m not exactly an expert on how to use the stuff. Maybe the reason I didn’t always get seeds is I sprayed too long, or stopped to soon, or something. I wasn’t able to find any info like that, but I don’t know for sure. So keep an open mind.

Day 15 update.
Clusters are starting to form. This is getting exciting. Hopefully all goes well and they dont shoot blanks.
Pictures aren't great but you can see the cluster forming. I'm still spraying everyday for good measure.
20190623_114057.jpg
20190623_114132.jpg

Back
Top Bottom