Silver Fox First Grow: Organic, LST, Bubblelicious

Hello all, I've been reading through the journals on here and other sites and have decided to join you here based on all the knowledge and positive people on here.

This is my first grow , I'm using a 400w mh during veg and will be using a hps during flower. I really want to low stress train these plants and would love any tips when I get to that point.

Currently I'm using promix organic soil and have made a batch of sub cools super soil to use when they get bigger. I have two feminized bubblelicious from nirvana and one random seed from a freebie pack they sent. Chances are it will be a male but I thought why not see what happens.

My grow area is a 2'x6'x7' area in my basement. It's a closet with in the closet lol. I have 2 4" inline duct fans for intake and exhaust as well as a fan inside to keep the bulb as cool as possible. So far my average temps are 76 f and 50 rh

I planted the seeds in the pro mix on 7-28

I will attempt to post pics soon. All advice and tips are welcome

image29669.jpg

Great! I look forward to any advice I can get. I'm excited about the strain. I let my wife pick it for obvious reasons lol. Nirvana was great to work with just FYI

Thanks for following !

I have a couple new photos..... Basically because I had nothing left to do lol. Both bubblelicious are getting their second set of leaves. One of my two freebies have sprouted no idea what it is but I'm assuming it's one of nirvanas strains but who knows.
image29720.jpg
image29719.jpg

I'm very impressed with how fast they are growing. Already starting to get 3rd set of leaves!! I start lst around 4 or 5 sets correct? Any advice is welcome :helpsmilie:

Thank you. im loving all the knowledge here man. I have read a lot on it. I guess it's just first grow jitters lol. I'm going to wait until I have 5 sets of leaves to start. I'll get more pics up tonight :thanks:

Going to check on your grow now. Really starting to fill out now aren't they? Can't wait to get to that point just trying to keep them alive the first grow lol

yeah i feel ya this is my first grow as well on pins and needles trying to make sure i make it to the end with vapable bud.
i browse all the forums under THE GROW ROOM and read old journals of setups similar to mine and try to find stuff to avoid or to do to improve yield/quality etc.
wish i had nice mylar like yours :p and a real venilation system

image29762.jpg
image29761.jpg

These are the most recent pics can't. It's my first grow so I'm just guessing but I think she's going to be bushy. It doesn't seem to be stretching much. I'm sure it has something to do with my light being so close to them. Just trying to give them all the light they can handle lol

They look great bro. :cheer: It looks like you have the light at the perfect distance. Make sure to keep adjusting and adding more light in Veg, as they grow - and to keep light breeze on them too, so they thicken up.

You said you were looking for some advice, so I'll jump in. :Namaste: Your soil looks pretty wet on all of your plants. That's fine for now - actually preferred. When they are seedlings and young, they can stand a pretty wet soil. When they get older and larger, they won't like it as much, and you will start dropping leafs.

They will soon prefer to be in a rhythm, for watering and feeding. You might find one that doesn't, but every strain that I've run, likes a like a drench-to-dry cycle. The plant is better able to breathe, and take up the entire range of nutrients this way. At every watering/feeding, from here till late flowering, soak them completely, and then let them dry out completely, before repeating the process. Try not to give them anything in between, unless you need to. You know they are 'dry', when the pots lift right up with almost no weight. The plants will love you back for it :volcano-smiley: Peace brother fox!

I was browsing the net and came across a site I would like to share with my fell first timers. It goes over almost every problem you might encounter on our journey and offers suggestions on what to do to correct the problem.

This is one of those things I hope we never have to use :Namaste:

https://www.thenug.com/galleries/diagnose-your-sick-marijuana-plants

p.s. first attempt at sharing a link if it doesn't work let me know so i can edit it.

CareStaker,

Thank you very much, good to have somebody keeping an eye on things :thanks:

I really appreciate the heads up, it helps to be able to eliminate a problem before it happens! I have done alot of research and am old school so I have a binder full of stuff I've printed off and have not come across the rhythm schedule you mentioned, it seems so obvious after reading it.

my one and only goal for my first grow is to keep them alive, and gain as much as I can from my first experience.

That candyland plant looks amazing!!! You've got it dialed in

Thanks again for checking up on me.

CareStaker,

Thank you very much, good to have somebody keeping an eye on things :thanks:

I really appreciate the heads up, it helps to be able to eliminate a problem before it happens! I have done alot of research and am old school so I have a binder full of stuff I've printed off and have not come across the rhythm schedule you mentioned, it seems so obvious after reading it.

my one and only goal for my first grow is to keep them alive, and gain as much as I can from my first experience.

That candyland plant looks amazing!!! You've got it dialed in

Thanks again for checking up on me.

Glad to help anytime, and thanks for the kind words. :Namaste: Glad to be along for the ride; I'm betting that you do better that just keep em alive. :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom