The First 90 Minutes Episode 12

Strain: Silver Kush (70/30S)
CBD: 2.95%. / THC: 21.47% / TAC: 24.42%

Dispensary: Liberty Cannabis / Holistic Industries

Dispensary Agent: David

Hello to all my cannabis loving and cannabis-curious friends, and welcome back to another episode of The First 90 Minutes! Today we are going to dive into another kick ass strain, Silver Kush. I purchased this strain from the Vitality collection at Liberty Cannabis in Somerville, Ma. According to Leafly.com and Allbud.com, this Sativa dominant hybrid is best suited for those battling depression, stress, fatigue, pain, nausea, chronic pain, eye pressure, inflammation, migraines, PTSD, PMS, and seizures. It is not a surprise that patients find an relief from an array of ailments with reported effects of happiness, the giggles, relaxation, euphoria, uplifted mood, increased focus, and bursts of creativity. Potential negatives to keep in mind with this strain are dry mouth, dry eyes, headache, dizziness, and paranoia.

Let’s kick this session off with the smell test. This bud packed a serious punch to my sinuses! Super strong earthy scent, followed by hints of citrus. Taking the bud taste test, the flavor of earthiness continues to overpower the hints of wood and citrus within this strain. I am going to be medicating today via Ooze glass blunt. I chose to medicate via glass blunt for this strain due to the very sticky, moist buds. Grinding up one bud, I can easily get about 2 to 3 small to medium sized bowls. Now it’s time to lite this bowl, sit back, and relax as we toke and talk about the first 90 minutes!

Starting this session off at 3:50 p.m. with two hits of the glass blunt, the effects seem to be coming on almost immediately. My muscles are relaxing, my stress is fading away, and my mind seems to be slightly fogging up. By 3:55 p.m. I am experiencing a strong head high with a very pleasant body high that feels like it’s working it’s way into every muscle in my body. I can feel my mood elevating, as is my energy level. I’m feeling chatty, and a little bit goofy as the cerebral buzz continues to increase.

At 4:05 p.m. the body relaxation has seeped into every muscle, but I feel so energetic and clear headed at the same time. With the increased energy, I also am experiencing a creative cerebral buzz. I’m feeling a case of the giggles coming on, and the chattiness has continued to increase. This seems like a very social strain thus far! I do not feel any anxiety or stress, and I’m encompassed by feelings of euphoria and happiness.

At 4:25 p.m. everything seems funny, even down to the dumbest jokes. My body has a really nice mellow buzz leaving me feeling calm and relaxed, yet without the couchlock. The body relaxation combined with the creative and energetic boosts have me in a mindset where working on pleasurable hobbies or hanging out with friends and family are excellent activities to participate in while using this strain. I feel very happy, very sociable, but my mind also feels pretty floaty. I will say that the focus on this strain is not exactly what I usually experience with an Sativa-dominant hybrid. In most cases the energy bursts and focused mindset leave me anxious when not putting this energy into a project. This is not the case with this product. Instead, it’s a cloudy, dream-like focus, but it adds to the level of fun this strain brings while in a social setting. I feel goofy, but not in an obnoxious way.

At 4:55 p.m. the giggly, happy, relaxed, and energetic buzz is still going strong. What is really nice about this strain is that it does not seem to cause me any anxiety. In most cases, high Sativa products make me a little anxious, especially if I don’t find a specific outlet, but not this this strain. My thoughts are slowed down to a peaceful level, and that dreamy mental state still persists. I am finding myself getting lost in the activities I engage in.
Conversations seem more fun, movies and TV seem to be drawing me in to a point where I find myself getting lost in the storyline. The one downside so far is that this level of focus is not something that would benefit me while working on important tasks. The mindset is too flighty to completely focus on anything that requires strong attention to detail. One effect I am loving is that despite the floaty/dreamy mindset, the high itself is very balanced. My head doesn’t seem overpowered by the body effects, or vice versa.

Hitting our 90 minute mark at 5:25 p.m., the happiness continues as the high begins to mellow out. As the strong, dreamy mindset seems to have decreased, my mind and body feel less stressed and very calm and relaxed. The chattiness has decreased, but I still feel social and anxiety free. With my mindset clearing up, my body feels like I took a muscle relaxer, leaving my body tension-free and my mood is still very uplifted.

Time for my final thoughts. I really enjoyed this strain. I found myself to feel happier, more social, and stress free. This is one Sativa-hybrid that I can honestly say would be great for fun, creative, and social situations, but that you could easily hunker down and take a nap on. I did not experience any anxiety, paranoia, headache, dizziness, or dry-eye. I did, however, experience some dry-mouth. That one negative aside, I definitely can understand how this strain would help with bodily pain and mental health struggles, such as depression.

Overall, I would say this strain exceeded my expectations in every area, with the exception of my level of focus. In most cases, I would feel motivated and driven on a 70/30 Sativa strain. This was not the case with this product, but I also did not feel I couldn’t get up if I needed to. Due to the lack of focus, this strain falls just short of the five stars it would have otherwise received. I would rate this strain at 4.8 stars, and it is something I would definitely keep on hand for day where I have plans to participate in social situations!

Well my friends, we have reached the end of this review. Thank you for joining me, and stay tuned for our next session as we toke and talk about a whole new strain and it’s effects over the first 90 minutes!

Disclaimer

*Please remember, this blog is an account of my personal experience with this strain. Not everyone has the same experience with every strain, and that’s okay. I always recommend taking one to two hits at the most, and waiting at least forty-five minutes to see how the product effects you. Go low and slow, you can always take more if needed.

Attachments

• 6C0A04F5-E3C7-4C66-AB61-0FECBFE924EE.jpeg
    6C0A04F5-E3C7-4C66-AB61-0FECBFE924EE.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 265
Tinker, the reason you have no anxiety is due to the almost 3% of CBD. It has been found that CBD helps balance the high so that the anxiety doesn't come into play. That's one of the good things about the rush to breed CBD back into cannabis. We will get a lot of new strains that will have nice balanced highs.

Hi Scottsquatch, exactly! I love CBD products for that reason, and I am a strong believer that CBD is a great option for those looking for relief from an array of symptoms without the psychoactive effects, or with minimal or balanced highs, as you mentioned.

Yeah, I am thinking about getting some of the new master kush seeds. I guess it has like 16% CBD and no THC. It will be great to make oil from for both my wife and myself. There are times where I need pain or stress relieve but the time for a buzz is not right. This might be the ticket.

Oh man, those sound great! I tend to keep on hand some straight CBD products, but my normal product is a 15:1 CBD strain called Tropical Wave. I haven’t found it to be psychoactive, but I do find that it is a great stress reliever and pick me up when the situation isn’t right for a buzz. I’m not sure if you have tried any of these high CBD strains, but I tend to really enjoy Pennywise, Cannatonic, and Purple Orange.

Tinker, the reason you have no anxiety is due to the almost 3% of CBD. It has been found that CBD helps balance the high so that the anxiety doesn't come into play. That's one of the good things about the rush to breed CBD back into cannabis. We will get a lot of new strains that will have nice balanced highs.
where can I get those??

Back
Top Bottom