Silver Pearl x Ak-47 Inbreeding?

OneofthesysteM

basically ive got some silver pearl / ak-47 crosses and aload of ak and silver pearl non crosses, and was thinking as ive got 2 seperate set-ups and thinking of trying to inbreed the ak crosses with some plain ak's ,
i know the basics of genetics and dominant genes etc. but does anyone have any information on dominant cannbis genes, basically want to experiment with differnt genes for instance in the 3rd generation have recessive characteristics after a while (well try anyway) and/or does the sativa / indica content affect this because you could have varieing highs through out the generations?,
because i know how to grow anyway i was thinking of trying to put the science to the test and not just growing it like a ordinary plant

The way to discover which genes are dominant and recessive would be through inbreeding a sufficient population for several generations and examining the ratios of the gross phenos. It would depend on which filial generation you are working on as well. At F2 recessive genes through recombination have their fullest chance to express themselves. With each successive round of inbreeding and selection the number of heterozygotic combinations (Ww) and homozygotic recessive pairing (ww) will diminish in number. There are algebraic calculations you can use to determine Hardy-Weinburg equilibrium and the coefficient of inbreeding (COI). The actual rate of change in inbreeding depends upon your effective breeding population formula.
Recessive gross phenotypes will always be the minority and the dominant phenotypes the majority.

Back
Top Bottom