Silverfox’s First Shot At Making Seeds 2020 Journal

Silverfox125

Good morning fellow enthusiasts

As the title suggests I’m going to try my hand at breeding.

I plan on using most of 2020 to just make seeds of different varieties. I will have to take the tent down just for a bit around April or May to get some work done to our basement.

i have the following seeds and am open to all suggestions as far as combinations.

Seeds i currently have:
First light - DJ short
Flo - DJ short
Berry breeders mix - DJ short
gorilla glue #4 - 420
Mk ultra - 420
Blue dream - 420
Candy kush - Nirvana
The cheese - msnl
Skunk #1 - msnl
Buddha- msnl

i also have a feminized bd x mk ultra I made about a year ago but would prefer to leave that line alone.

this first run I just wanted to see experiment and see what happens before I throw too many seeds in at once

I’d love opinions on how many seeds I soups pop per run. Ideally I’d love 100 lol but being limited to the 4x4 I’m thinking 10 would be pushing it.

I plan to just run one or two types at a time.

the first run I have 4 first light 2 of the berry breading pack seeds. And if all goes as expected I’ll have a clone each from gg#4 and from mku. To put in the breeding tent.

93A6C908-CD46-48B9-A898-5E024EAB712E.jpeg

Here’s the veg tent where they Are currently until another couple weeks

all germed and popped same time. To be honest I didn’t record the date. I’m guessing 2-3 weeks old

What strain is it? 4 first light 2 berry mix
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? veg
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor basement. Veg tent 2x2. Flower 4x4
Soil or Hydro? Seeding peat moss. Then to subcools super soil mix (I don’t care much for subcool but that recipe is perfect)
Size of light? 600 my/hps
Is it aircooled? Not the light itself but 1 exhaust 1 intake and 1 circulating fan keeps the tent about 4 degrees hotter than ambient.
Temp of Room? 68-74
RH of Room/cab? 55

Cats
Dogs
T-rex

What we making

what ever we can! My main goal is to preserve the strains moving forward. So my thought was mainly have one strain in the tent with one or two different varieties to make hybrids with

I have this fear that with legalization seeds will start being government controlled with grow regulations or something. I know it’s not likely but I’d rather just know I have seeds stock to continue to work.

I appreciate all the extra eyes I can get and will definitely love some advice on selecting a male.

I’m a researcher as a profession so obviously I’ve done some reading to put it lightly but experience is king.

thank you for joining. It’s greatly appreciated

I’ve never seen a plant as messed up as this berry mix Is. I’m guessing they were old stock and he just threw them in for free. But I always judge the effect not the plant so we’ll see how it goes.

@Old Salt @InTheShed @Pennywise @Backlipslide @Preston9mm @Pbass

I see my man @West Hippie is already here but just for fun

Please tag anybody you feel could bring a new/different perspective to “breeding “. I honestly feel this first run is more pollen chucking than actual breeding lol.

I can’t wait to expand my knowledge and learn all I can about this process

Are u doing CS or STS

Best way to preserve a strain in seeds, or clones

What I did, clone, like how it is in flower, the STS a clone

Easy peasy

I used sts to make fem seeds with relatively no issues

I think I’m going to take the long road. Make regular seeds. Then once that project is done make fem seeds for each strain. That way I have a lot to choose from for the femmed version

first ya need one of these,,

P1170667 (2).JPG

that will give you some of this,,

P1170658 (3).JPG

and then do this,,

P1170656.JPG

then you can make babies,, what fun,,

karma sent friend,,

Regs are fun

Then u can make crosses

I just crossed my Bloody Skunk Auto with GDP, ATF, and African Meltdown fem pollen

Love the color already in the Bloody Skunk
1219190820.jpg

I dunno nothing about pollen chucking, but if I did, I'd have learned it all at beez0404's seed-making thread. I compiled a post where I link to his teachings on the subject, hidden amongst all the other ramblings in that thread.

It's here!

He blocked me.....cuz I guess I'm a DICK

but I've still managed to live my life

Lol

Moving the plants around and one of the taller plants fell against the tent I got it packed down and stabilized but in not happy but there’s not much I can do but hope it didn’t do too much damage. Other than that not much to report. I’m going to up pot them and move them into the 4 x 4 this weekend

Good morning fellow enthusiasts

As the title suggests I’m going to try my hand at breeding.

I plan on using most of 2020 to just make seeds of different varieties. I will have to take the tent down just for a bit around April or May to get some work done to our basement.

i have the following seeds and am open to all suggestions as far as combinations.

Seeds i currently have:
First light - DJ short
Flo - DJ short
Berry breeders mix - DJ short
gorilla glue #4 - 420
Mk ultra - 420
Blue dream - 420
Candy kush - Nirvana
The cheese - msnl
Skunk #1 - msnl
Buddha- msnl

i also have a feminized bd x mk ultra I made about a year ago but would prefer to leave that line alone.

this first run I just wanted to see experiment and see what happens before I throw too many seeds in at once

I’d love opinions on how many seeds I soups pop per run. Ideally I’d love 100 lol but being limited to the 4x4 I’m thinking 10 would be pushing it.

I plan to just run one or two types at a time.

the first run I have 4 first light 2 of the berry breading pack seeds. And if all goes as expected I’ll have a clone each from gg#4 and from mku. To put in the breeding tent.
great lineup of types to cross there, i wouldnt know which would be best to start with? maybe just make a blind choice as i dont think you can go wrong, in a 4 x 4 tent if you raise them to a good height 4'-6' and you pollinate all you could end up with approx 10k of seeds, most people wait until around 3wks into flower to apply the pollen because if you pollinate when first pistils appear the plant will not produce as much seed

Back
Top Bottom