Simple/Cheap first time grow

Thanks for all the good vibes everyone. I hope things continue to stay rather healthy. Smokin Moose, came across your posts regarding paperclips. I might just do that today, I got some undergrowth that is slowing down a bit. I was trying to keep my plants adjusted to allow maximum light, but with that little tip I think I can save myself the trouble.

I'll take some pics today, got to find my power cord for my camera.

Btw, does anyone have a link to explain what rep is by chance?

Thanks for all the good vibes everyone. I hope things continue to stay rather healthy. Smokin Moose, came across your posts regarding paperclips. I might just do that today, I got some undergrowth that is slowing down a bit. I was trying to keep my plants adjusted to allow maximum light, but with that little tip I think I can save myself the trouble.

I'll take some pics today, got to find my power cord for my camera.

Btw, does anyone have a link to explain what rep is by chance?

Here you go :)

Reputation points

I was a day ahead of myself. Wonder why lol. Im on Day 19. Started 12/12 tonight. The plants looked overall ready for it. Didn't want to rush.

Picked up some simple all purpose plant food. Its Terracycle, nothing more then worm casting tea. Shopping for nutes around here this time of year equals slim pickings. Boss, you spoke of a 4/4/4 nutes for seedlings. What brand might that be. I went to a few stores today in search of 4/4/4 nutes today with no luck. Perhaps I was barking up the wrong tree.

My hesitation with nutes doesn't stem from any of your guy's guidance. This is my first grow, and I'd love to keep it as simple as possible, so that the first results are a success. I'm not worried about yield, I'm worried about making it that far.

Plants told me they were thirsty today, so I foliar feed the all purpose plant food, and used 2oz per plant, as recommended by the labeling. This is the higher side of the recommendations, but its a weak solution that provides N without the worries of over doing it. I'm am currently trying to find cheap ways to make tea. Id like specific teas for specific times of growth. So a tea with everything needed is a bit easier on tracking down nutes. Plus if I can keep it organic as I have so far, I'd love to keep it that way.

A few things I'm watching is my nutes. I've got slight purpling along stems. I'm going to do nothing at the moment, and read thru the nutes section of the grow bible a few more times. Keep a close eye on it and see where it goes.

The foliage is dark green, with the new growth turning a dark green as time goes by. The undergrowth by nodes is nice and bright green. The stipule's of all my plants are a lighter green on the outermost sides of the stipule, with a bright green middle. They all stand up, If I remember correctly.

I think I read in a book that I lent out that stipules are a easy indicator in the beginning to judge health. Does anyone base younger plants health in regards to the coloring of the stipule's, along with other factors. I've done quite a bit of research, but it seems everyone has their own techniques (I'm sure I'll have my own as time goes on), and there isn't really much material that shows what healthy plants look like throughout their life cycle. Just on when your plants in trouble.

So a recap of questions:

Boss, what 4/4/4 nutes do you use?

If anyone makes their own tea for different stages of plant life, please do pass on your secrets.

Purpling along the bottom of leave stems. It kinda goes with a Phosphorus deficiency? The tips of the lower leafs on a few plants, are turning a dark green, perhaps blueish hue, and curl a bit at the last 1/4 of the leaf. Anyone had this problem with young plants, and can confirm this? But on the other hand they were thirsty, so perhaps that had something to do with it, and I'm just worrying like a mother hen. But better safe then sorry I suppose.

Are stipule's a indicator of plant health?

Thanks for all the guidance so far, its greatly appreciated.

The Purpling could be genetic or your water could have been to cold when gave to them just my 2 cents i am a noob and only want to help but there are great growers here who can better give advice ..

Crazy, must have missed the 4/4/4 miracle grow.

Seems since I went 12/12 I'll have to watch the P. Don't think its the water, I let my water stand, and warm for a day before using it. The tea was mixed into my sprayer, and it was at room temp as well. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind. Never know when down the road it can be invaluable to know.

Thanks again guys.

I'm thinking perhaps I have some afgani in the mix. Got some really broad leafs going on. But time will tell. All this talk of herb, has me off to scrape my pipe.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom