Single plant DWC

Here it is! Led light all up and running. Very impressed with how easy it is :)

What a difference with heat output holllllyyyyy!

Hopefully the plant likes it!

P.S Also found a pic of my first grow ever haha hydro, bag seed, 5gal bucket.

I see large buds in your future!

:goodjob:

Whats up guys! Havent been on in a few days. Just wanted to give ya an update!

Shes day 2 into flower, going awesome, def stretching already! I gave her 24 hours of darkness prior to the flip. Have not changed the res yet. will do on day 7, and add bloom nutes. Heres a couple pics :)

now the fun begins!

Scrogging with DWC shouldn't be too hard as long as you have a spare container to put them in. I use 5 gal buckets and just switch to an empty bucket when it's time to do res change. I clean the old bucket and mix a fresh res. After that it's ez pz to switch the lid back to the old bucket with new res.

Think very hard about that before taking action.

Think... "How will res changes work once the scrog is on and well populated?" Typically DWC/Scrog is a PITA!!! Unless you have some sort of pump system that you can get the water out of there and refill somehow with clean water and even then it has limitations.

Good news is, with good LST you can get pretty much the same thing. You want an even canopy and you can get that with LST. Its not super even like scrog but gets the same thing done.

Those are my thoughts on that. Having said that, no one says it can't be done.

I agree!! I have used the scrog with a DWC system and the water changes are tiring. The best way is to LST and use plant yoyo's for the very heavy leaning branches

Hey everyone! Just figured id post my grow!

Equipment
400w Mh/HPS (MH for veg)
Air cooled Hood
x2 60GPH Air pumps, with 4 air stones in there.
10 Gallon Rubbermaid container
Running Advanced Nutes line, Sensi grow A&B, and B-52 right now.

Growing a Femanized Northern lights from seed. Germed in paper towel, its 4 weeks old as of last saturday! 19/5 Light schedule.

The plant was topped I think 9 days ago also!! Gonna do a Scrog I think

Open to any tips, comments, advice! :)

P.S. Ordering 96*3 Led light to grow with here in a week or so, Have to move the plant to a smaller location!
We're doing similar yet nearly opposite grows, I have 1 plant 45 gallons and a 1000w hps mine is WAY less efficient but powerful yours is the Europe to my America efficient but smaller yields my air pump is probably too small tho only 253 gallons an hour.. we will have to compare grows as they go along.. I like LED but when I used them my yields were light and fluffy.. yes it could have been the strain, it could have been my nutes, but my yields with my HPS are significantly better so I'm blaming the LED

a water pump and a large hose makes water changes a piece of cake
Agreed but not all water will be drained (usually about 1/2-1 inch left of the bottom) And you can not scrub the bucket from the "muck" that builds up in a DWC. Just use plant yoyo's and you can replace the entire bucket with fresh nutrient water since the yoyos are adjustable.

Agreed but not all water will be drained (usually about 1/2-1 inch left of the bottom) And you can not scrub the bucket from the "muck" that builds up in a DWC. Just use plant yoyo's and you can replace the entire bucket with fresh nutrient water since the yoyos are adjustable.
Maybe you're getting too much light into your reservoir I don't get muck build up ever I don't know if a pump can handle slime and goop

Ahh, I forgot to mention that I use the full line of General Hydroponics nutrients and they are notorious for getting root stains and their Diamond Nectar product makes the roots look almost like root rot but its not...its actually very healthy

Ahh, I forgot to mention that I use the full line of General Hydroponics nutrients and they are notorious for getting root stains and their Diamond Nectar product makes the roots look almost like root rot but its not...its actually very healthy
Ahh, I like to keep it simple I just give em what they need, I suppose an added benefit to less nutes in my bud is less labor required to keep them healthy.. I tend to avoid advanced nutrients for that reason. plus if my plants are healthy why add a bunch of extra chemicals

Ahh, I like to keep it simple I just give em what they need, I suppose an added benefit to less nutes in my bud is less labor required to keep them healthy.. I tend to avoid advanced nutrients for that reason. plus if my plants are healthy why add a bunch of extra chemicals
After several successful grows I am also coming to that conclusion. I really don't see that much difference in denseness, aroma or flavor.

Back
Top Bottom