SinS

Ok, This is my first Journal. Been growing for some time and just thought I would make a Journal. This is just my first post but in a few days I will be putting down all the details. I have some new to me strains and I will go into details of my room and such as time goes on. As for now I would like to start off with I grow very small in a small room with small plants with small yields. I do this as I have a small space that is pretty much a stealth operation. I do a sea of green method and yield about an 1/2 - 1 ounce a week. As mentioned this is all personal smoke and took some time to get the cycle to work for my needs. I will answer questions the best I can. I am doing this Because I would like to help out some of you that have limited space but have a smoking habit similar to mine. I do everything in Fox Farms Ocean and Forest soil with very little addition to nutrients. The up side to my operation over other set ups is space, and cost. I have friends with huge eb and flo systems and huge lights and have huge rooms. That is great for them and they obviously produce a ton more then I, but they spend in a month what I have spent in the last few years, not to mention I am growing for myself. :;): I will go over my room size as well as what I do to do what I do... I will cover how I clone, 90%+ success as well as transplanting in 2 weeks or less with full roots. I will also go over how to germinate seeds as well as what I do for selecting the best to keep and my custom cure... I hope to have a few followers on this project and maybe meet a few folks along the way. I am open to suggestions and ideas. Heat is my number one problem and throughout this I will be changing my room up as it has been the same for the last several years and am needing to deal with my heat problem.

Lol, got to love your friends. Got a Boss Hawg clone from a good buddy of mine a few weeks back. Getting things ready to start this journal and was inspecting things and notice some discolor on some leave and got some freaking Thrips.Will get them buggas in check and get going from there. I Will try to post a few pics of what these stupid little guys look like and maybe a picture or two of the damage that alerted me to my discovery.

As of now I just wanted to give a little in sight of my little room. It is 6' long x 32" wide and 4' from floor to bottom of lights. Using 2 - 600w HPS 1 is in and enclosed hood the other is not (though upgrading soon) the hood is vented out the room. though with the other light in there I hit high temps around 97 so I do get some heat stress. working on that still but for now we get the job done. I have a oscillating fan in the corner and a fresh air vent on the other side. I will draw a picture of the whole thing as it is under a stair case and kind of hard to visualize. it is behind a false wall :)

I will give up some more details later. as for now I have to figure out what to do with my pests I just acquired.

Bag_little_bug.jpg

here are what the thrips look like. From what I understand there are a ton of species, some with some with out wings, some dark some light some almost see-through. the idea is to make sure you have a clean shop/ room/ work area. Buy good quality soil. NEVER bring outside plants into an Indoor garden. My new personal rule. No sharing your strains. the few times I have gotten strains from others I have gotten spider mites 2 times and now these pests. the way the leaves look from these guys is somewhat similar to spider mites. these guys you can just barely see with your eye. I will try to get some up later tonight. please disregard all my misspellings and typos... BURNT!

I could help him out, but the best advise I have is to spend a few $ and get an nice new tool. like I said I get about 90% and take what ever I want as a clone. it normally takes about 2 weeks but maybe I could make a ting to show how. most everything I do is because it is easy and cheap. I promise there is always a better way. though I also promise it will cost you something in the end. I do what I do as I have very little money but i liken 2
share and have very little money for my operation. if you want to have a 1/2 - 1 oz of kind every week in a space that is as small as 72 cubic feet of space(6'x4'x3') then I got your number I do a very nice sea of green. I will admit I always have a problem or two, but if you have been growing I the same space and using the same pots and getting things from your friends you will understand!

I bet you all thought I gave up....
Well had a small issue with Customs on my order so had to wait for a re ship, but here now. Going to get some pictures uploaded and such and get this party going. I am on day 3 as of now and smoking right along. hope to be back in a few hours to get everything caught up for you fine folks following.

I do want to take a brief second and explain one thing again. The way I do things is in no way shape or form the best method! I grow very small plants in a very small room that at the moment is way too hot, about 90-95 degrees. Now with that said, why would anyone want to follow this? Very small room (6'x4'x3') it is under a staircase. I imagine your now thinking "anyone can grow a nice plant in that small of space" you would be correct. I have 32.... That might catch your attention.

Off to upload some pictures and hopefully help someone out or at least maybe help myself.

Ok, Show time!

20140810_135741.jpg

As I mentioned I grow in a small stealth room. This is a picture of the grow room as it is most of the time.

20140810_140006.jpg

Here is what it looks like all opened up. I have a couple of girls going at the moment. At the time of this picture I had discovered the Thrips and have since then taken care of this problem, though I will admit the damage from the neems oil and the damn thrips have some of the plants in there looking rough.

the room is outfitted with a 600w HPS and a 400w HPS. Oscillating fan in the corner, turbo exhaust fan venting out threw a charcoal filter as well as a box fan in the other corner as well as an additional turbo fan blowing in. For a small room with 1000 watts of light I keep 95 degree as a high and 70 as a low with 45-55% humidity. I use Fox Farms forest and ocean blend and flora nova for nutes.

For this grow we will be growing 8 different strains. I have several other strains in different stages of growth, but will try to stay focused on these 8 strains. I recently just purchased 20 different strains from my favorite seed bank..
here are some of them

20140829_151607.jpg

Here are the strains I have chosen for this journal
20140829_152505.jpg

so, for starters, my own personal rule is you need to smoke weed to grow weed. First thing is to roll a few joints.
20140829_153900.jpg

Still00011.jpg

20140829_153852.jpg

This is a strain I came up with on my own and been growing for the last few years. It is a cross from a Sour Diesel of mine and a buddies Jack Harrier.

After we get our heads into what we are doing I like to get everything we will need to get our seeds germinated. I like to start off with spray bottle of water, Small snack size zip lock baggies as well as some paper towels. I take and spray a paper towel down with water, fold it up, add a seed, fold in half 1 more time and place into zip lock bag that I labeled with the particular strain previously. I then place on a paper plate and lay on top of one of my light hoods.
20140829_154227.jpg

20140829_155148.jpg

20140829_155347.jpg

20140829_155203.jpg

in my case I was able to get the seeds germinated in 36 hours

Once the seeds are germinated and the seed has split and tap root has started growing I plant in a 16oz Styrofoam cup that I put several small drainage holes around the bottom as well as a few along the sides to help water drain out and air to get in.

That is all I have for now, Hope to be back with more information in a week or so when we get some seedlings popping out of the soil.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom