Sir Grow Alot - High Brix Flux - Sage n Sour

since the move I have new rooms built/being built so im gonna consolidate my journals all here since they are sharing a room now.

all except the SNS are in 2nd run soil and they seem to be loving it!!

(taken 3 days ago)Sage n sour 16 days since pistils will get cat drench today and again on sunday followed by a water than some energy after that. last night was the last time she will be sprayed with stress 2x a week. so for here on 1x brix 1x de stress/ wk.

DSC00916_-_Copy.JPG

DSC00915_-_Copy.JPG

DSC00917_-_Copy.JPG

DSC00918_-_Copy.JPG

DSC00928_-_Copy.JPG

DSC00929_-_Copy.JPG

DSC00933_-_Copy.JPG

next is the bubblegum, 11 days since pistils. she is a bit light in color for my liking. I am going to give a fair flush and follow up with cat drench after another watering, just gave her energy last night.

DSC00932_-_Copy.JPG

DSC00931_-_Copy.JPG

DSC00930_-_Copy.JPG

Cheese Candy, 6 days since pistils. she is growing fast and looking great. she has grown another couple inches since these pics were taken a few days ago.
DSC00922_-_Copy.JPG

DSC00922_-_Copy.JPG

DSC00924_-_Copy.JPG

Purple haze also 6 days since pistils. not stretching quite as much as the cheese candy but stacking up sites real well. im looking for something real special with this one or it will get the chop.

DSC00926_-_Copy.JPG

DSC00925_-_Copy.JPG

DSC00927_-_Copy.JPG

the next 3 are 12/12 from seed. blue cheese, blue og and critical thunder. all were germed and sprouted in solo cups with coco the same day( was waiting on my soil the finish cooking) all in 2nd run soil.
so far as for pot differences 2 are in fabric and one in air pot. so far the 2 fabric are neck and neck in growth and the air pot is clearly producing a "better" plant. has bigger stem more sites and vertical growth. granted this could be genetic differences sure, but cool to see none the less.
DSC00936_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00935_-_Copy.JPG

group shot
DSC00934_-_Copy.JPG

That is what I call a classic 420 mag update. Great stuff brother! :cheer:

I'm gonna be watching that P Haze like a hawk! :surf: :volcano-smiley:

Thanks Lester!!!:high-five:, its very nice to be able to post again and be back in the community! ill update again on Monday.

Im really curious about this p haze as well! im not tooooo concerned with whether or not it gets some purple in it but rather that I get the hazey sweet yet spicey grapish flavor I have experienced in the past along with the super nice high. purple color would be great to but not top concern. :)

The honor is all mine!

:Namaste: im gonna post some harvest pics and talk about what happened with this years outdoor High Brix plants either this weekend or Monday and would love to have your input on it when I do, couple cool things and a couple issues to report on :)

SGA...lookin good bro! I bet ya ,your heart skipped a beat when that "split" happened eh! Looks like you did a good job bandaging it up.I'm gonna stick around here ,if that's cool bro! Cheers

Please do stick around :) always love to have you around:high-five:.... my heart did skip a quick beat but ive had this happen in the past and as long as it doesn't clean snap off I don't freak to bad...
I was on the last training 1st week into flower not trying to do anything to intense, just bending the main branch on the last side to train and it just sort of "relaxed" its previously firm stance...that was the stem splitting... followed by momentary freak out/ scramble for the Velcro wrap so it didn't continue down the stem, then when it was done I was ok. :)

Looking great my friend! :) Oh and even little old me has split the odd flux :) she's gonna be fine I'm sure.
Thanks for the kind words LA :high-five: always scary no matter what when it happens :laughtwo:

Beautiful garden SGA! Have you not sprayed Brix yet?

thanks DR. Z!! sorry if I confused but yes sir I have been spraying brix all this time along with 2x a week De-Stress spray, I am just now going to 1x a week brix and 1 x a week De stress.

Heres another pic I think I left out :peace:
DSC00919_-_Copy.JPG

the last time I was active I was having issues with the salt build up and I also had a rusty faucet water making a mess of the garden. that and lack of time causing neglect in the garden IE. missing foliar sprays for a couple weeks at a time and not writing down when and what I fed so some times I was just going with water since I didn't know where I was in the regime and just all round had issues for a while.

While I was having issues with whole garden due to bad water I had stopped using foliar spray since the plants were just not happy and not "hooked up" as we call it. after getting the water issue fixed by hooking up the RO system it took a couple flushes and a couple weeks to get new growth and new life in the root zone. getting the new mix of ROOTS from Doc I think helped with this too. after flushing pretty darn thoroughly for a couple weeks with light feeding, I top dressed with castings, amendment and some roots and drenched that with 4ml energy/gal along with tea for another light feeding. after all that I had the first new shoots and green growth so I started hitting it with the de stress and brix and then It was like a switch flipped when the whole equation was back in action and the garden just turned around. all vegging plants are dark green and lush and the ones you see here in the flower room are doing great now too.

Its been great working with the kit learning the tweaks and what it can do, I still have ALOT to learn but Im really getting the feel for it!

SGA, is that an oil funnel for watering? Great idea! :)

lol:) yea sure is...makes it real easy to get to all sides of the 15 gal pot the SNS is in especially with the tie down for the flux. That idea comes from my SCROG days. I used to attach a 1/2 inch hose to the end of it for an extension and you can really reach around the garden :) :volcano-smiley:

whats up everyone, hope the weekend was good for you all:Namaste::volcano-smiley::high-five::peace::peace:

I HATE MOVING :):) every move I lose or misplace something I need each time. this time its my camera battery charger!!!!!!!!

so needless to say no pics this week unless I find it tonight cause ill be out of town for the rest of the week.

I planned to have pics of the outdoor harvest with some nug shots and the flower room update but just words will have to do :).

This year for my outdoor guerilla crop I planted into holes that fit 10gal of HB soil. Poked holes in a contractor bag, lined the hole and filled with dirt. keeping them to a concealable size was my biggest concern so I stayed with 10gal. I also would only be able to get the them 1x every 7-12 days so feeding and care was spotty to say the least. almost never were they given foliars. maybe brix every 2 weeks.
The plants did really well considering all the crazy factors they had working against them. we had rain once every 3-4 days for the whole growing season and high high RH all the time too.

I put delahaze, white widow, martian kush, and silver kush cuts out. it turned out white widow had very poor mold resistance compared to the others....ill never do it outside again. although I do believe had I been able to tend to them like normal plants and gave reg foliar sprays and on time feedings they would have had much higher brix levels and resisted much better.

never the less, silver kush and delahaze preformed the best and will def be ran again.

martain kush did well too but takes longer to flower so needed even more time maybe 3.5 more weeks so it was mainly used for extracts.one interesting thing about the martin kush was that It was on the side of a hill. so water and sand and whatever else washed down into the hole it was planted repeatedly each time it rained. I would then have to water it through all the sand as well. this didn't cause any neg side effects I could tell which surprised me and it did real well with it.

they all could have gone another 2 weeks or so to finish but bud rot was setting in on them all to diff degrees so I just chopped to avoid loosing more to the rot.
the bud I got from them was surprisingly great!! silver kush and delahaze were both super frosty and quite dense for being cut that early. pics to come and will show the pretty nugs:)
they smell super good and smoke great after a nice washing!!

I cant wait to see what these girls can do in 100+gal pots of HB soil in a greenhouse next year:):)

All in all though my HB outdoor experience was a great one. luckily the plants grew them selves and dealt with my negligence very well! this kit continues to impress me in all aspects of growing!!

Mornin Duggan! yeah I agree it'll turn up. im hell bent to find it tonight though!

Inside is coming along well. i got 90ish gal of dirt mixed up for a 2nd run soil cook this weekend. This will be needed for the next batch to go in the flower room.
x2 45 gal Rubbermaid bins to hold the mix, 50lbs worm castings, 5 good handfuls of Doc's amendment, unmeasured amount of ROOTS (i covered the pile with ROOTS a few times while mixing the soil then one last time just before watering the mix in the bins before storage), and lastly mixed in leaves and fine roots to be broke down as well. watered till the whole mix was moist about 1.5-2 gal each and set aside in a room that ranges from 75-85 degrees F for the next 30 days.

SNS got second cat drench last night and i mixed in(after dissolving) a little more than a TSP of Epsom salt/1 gal, at 18 days since pistils and will be followed up with a watering tomorrow and more Epsom salt. i have the start of a MAG deficiency im nipping in the bud :)

Bubble gum is catching up with SNS being that it finishes 2 weeks earlier and is only 5 or so days behind SNS, ive expected it to do so and it isn't disappointing.

Cheese candy is impressing me, she stretched fairly well and has some big ol arms forming to hold up some big buds. pistils are forming nicely now.

Purple Haze is forming pistils well now too and stacking sites for some nice cola structure in the near future. not near as much stretch compared to the CC, looking real nice.

Like always im already looking forward to the things to come and im not even close to done with the current but as soon as room opens up i have Island Sweet Skunk and Blue dream coming in that im SUPER excited about and hope to find a keeper pheno out of the lot.

Ill get some pics up asap.:high-five::)

Thanks for hanging :peace:

SGA, I like your soil prep work bro! Sounds like it'l be rockin in a month or so. I've bin mixing in "roots" with stems,leaves and roots with my cooking soil as well . Can't believe how fast it all gets eaten up!
And ,hey ....i've just been dealing w/a slight Mg. issue as well. Last night they got their first C.D. w/ some tea and 1 teaspn/2 gal's.
They showed improvement for my MK's. after one treatment.Just shows how close to a def. there is.I actually was giving them about a pinch for three drinks then three drinks with none, and so on ,but it just barely wasn't enough. Doc said it was good that i got it early.
So it was at week 3 that i noticed it,ever so slighly.
I'm going to keep an eye on your P.H.....like to see her put on some weight! Curious about flowering time ,etc.

:bigtoke:

For real it impresses me too how quick leaves and roots are just GONE:thedoubletake:

im glad you have your mag issue under control I should too here real soon. your plants are looking Great im looking forward to your next update!!

are yours 3 weeks from the flip or from first sign of pistils??

The good ol PURP HAZE flower time according to attitude/g13 labs is 50-65 days but we all know how that goes so ill find out and you will know as soon as I do :) :high-five: ill be letting it go to 10% amber trichs with little to no clear.

SGA, I like your soil prep work bro! Sounds like it'l be rockin in a month or so. I've bin mixing in "roots" with stems,leaves and roots with my cooking soil as well . Can't believe how fast it all gets eaten up!
And ,hey ....i've just been dealing w/a slight Mg. issue as well. Last night they got their first C.D. w/ some tea and 1 teaspn/2 gal's.
They showed improvement for my MK's. after one treatment.Just shows how close to a def. there is.I actually was giving them about a pinch for three drinks then three drinks with none, and so on ,but it just barely wasn't enough. Doc said it was good that i got it early.
So it was at week 3 that i noticed it,ever so slighly.
I'm going to keep an eye on your P.H.....like to see her put on some weight! Curious about flowering time ,etc.

:bigtoke:

Good news Duggan

For real it impresses me too how quick leaves and roots are just GONE:thedoubletake:

im glad you have your mag issue under control I should too here real soon. your plants are looking Great im looking forward to your next update!!

The good ol PURP HAZE flower time according to attitude/g13 labs is 50-65 days but we all know how that goes so ill find out and you will know as soon as I do :) :high-five: ill be letting it go to 10% amber trichs with little to no clear.

As much as possible, try to grow stuff that doesn't require all that extra salt. They just come out so much better! But, sometimes you just gotta grow the other stuff too.....I do it as well.

I hope to have a special "salt lovers" drench soon, but it's proving difficult to keep it stable in the bottle.

right on Doc so you suggest your landraces and sativa Dom VS. the kush's and other similar indica heavy strains right?

sorry to hear the recipe is unstable as of current!! Best of luck to you guys getting it worked out because obviously that would be a big hit and I know I could def use some too :)

I just realized you have another LED journal running im off to see whats up!!!

Sga...mine are 3 weeks from pistils or flower start, Not from flip.Flip was 11 days before .
Ya that breeder flower time thing is really only a loose guideline eh.....and with this H.B. (Doc's.blend) soil...it seems to extend the fl. time a little as well. I found that the gland heads are reluctant to turn amber (start of degradation),the plants are happy just sitting there....for ever it seems..:passitleft:

Would like to see a pic or two of the P.H. when you find your charger bud! Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom