Sir Grow Alot's Favorite Strains - LED - High Brix

Good morning to you as well BUDHA! :reading420magazine:

Ill stop by for sure.

The FAVS have experienced some stunting and issues.They were looking perfect up till the transplant into the air pots. Its either i went to hot on the transplant feed or there was just too much nitrate left in the medium,(@Graytail i think i read you had some sim issues) or even may have not recooked the soil enough for the 2nd run...im not sure fully but i know the roots were not happy about it at ALL!!!! so over the last 2 nights ive spent many hours giving all 9 a good flush and then came back and top dressed with some EWC and Roots powder then watered that in with 1000ml h2o with a medium dose of some tea and energy with the lil extra transplant.

I looked at them this morning and they were reaching for the lights and looked much happier about the situation.

so needless to say this has held me back from flowering since i dont want stunted sick plants going to flower. so ill give them 10-14 days to recover and let the soil hook back up and growth get going again then ill make the switch for real this time lol:)

DSC00790_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00789_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00788_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00787_-_Copy.JPG

My problems were much worse than that. It sure resembles nute burn, but that's virtually unheard of with this method, so I've resisted that idea. I have to get over my reluctance to flush - don' know where it comes from. Flushing is a good idea - it's like a reboot. You dump the old buffers and reload 'em. If the soil is good, the plant metabolism recovers. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I dosed mine with some mild epsoms and held off feed for an extra cycle. They're obviously doing better but I should have flushed 'em. Another complication for me is that I've been avoiding the foliars because of the humidity and my mature soil. I'm going to go back to a more frequent schedule again, and that might hook mine up. They have that DeStress-deprived look to them.

My problems were much worse than that. It sure resembles nute burn, but that's virtually unheard of with this method, so I've resisted that idea. I have to get over my reluctance to flush - don' know where it comes from. Flushing is a good idea - it's like a reboot. You dump the old buffers and reload 'em. If the soil is good, the plant metabolism recovers. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I dosed mine with some mild epsoms and held off feed for an extra cycle. They're obviously doing better but I should have flushed 'em. Another complication for me is that I've been avoiding the foliars because of the humidity and my mature soil. I'm going to go back to a more frequent schedule again, and that might hook mine up. They have that DeStress-deprived look to them.

right there with ya GT, i had been falling off foliars too due to time constraints and lack of sleep and i think it had a noticable negative turn on the ladies. im back on it now since the prob was "fixed". It seems to have really helped most of them but a couple still have a paler green look to them. i hope by the time the soil is about dry enough for a water that they will be much happier.

i sure hope yours are doing better ill have to come see my self...:high-five:

Nice save Sir the new growth is lookin good and healthy keep 'em green:peace::circle-of-love:

Thanks Budha:Namaste::volcano-smiley:

Subscribed

Subbed as well! The high brix style has me intrigued!!

Thanks fellas great to have you here!!!!!!!!!:cheer:

i didnt get to take pics of the FAVS but i grabbed a quick shot of the veg/auto space and some shots of the blue dream i picked up from a local grower.
:peace:
DSC00803_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00811_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00806_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00804_-_Copy.JPG

wellllll.....never fails and something always changes in my life...now im moving out of this spot into a new one.

this is going to put this set of FAVS on hold as well as my SAGE N SOUR flux too. i never went into flower due to issues that have since been narrowed down to a rusty faucet. i use well water from our well on the property and use the water from my shower.
since i started having problems in all my plants i knew it had to be coming from the water supply. i pulled off the shower head and there was definite rust build up. so needless to say i have pulled out the old RO system i stopped using because the water here was at 30ppm out of the faucet. not sure if im moving in a week or 2 weeks so everything is just gonna be left to veg till then and then once i get to the new spot and build a new enclosure then will go to 12/12.

Till then i decided to take a couple pics of my guerrilla plants for the year to give a lil show in the dead time.

This was just a test to see how the HB preformed outside without a perfect grow room enviro!!:)

These plants have had very little care since they were transplanted outside. they are in cooked high brix soil. i dug a hole big enough to hold 10gal of soil, lined it with a contractor bag and poked some drainage holes then filled it with HB soil. i can only get out to them once a week maybe every 5 days so they are at the mercy of mother nature at most times.

it has rained every 2 or 3 days here and a inch or 2 at a time lately so these ladies have been getting alot of "flushing" or leaching action as of late which has caused the yellowing you see in them due to needing nutes. but all is good they will get the first cat drench today and a spray of brix.

martian kush...topped to reduce stretch. one of the pics i set a 5.5' tall garden stake against the plants to give a reference height. martian kush is right about the 5.5' mark.
DSC00816_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00815_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00818_-_Copy.JPG

here is the delahaze. i really like her bud structure and should make some fat colas.
DSC00820_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00821_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00822_-_Copy.JPG

here is 2 different silver kush...clones from the same mother just trained diff. the first one is much better trained..shorter and better cola sets. the 2nd is taller stretched out and is gonna need alot of support here pretty soon.
DSC00836_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00830_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00829_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00835_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00837_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00834_-_Copy.JPG

taller silver kush
DSC00825_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00826_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00828_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00824_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00823_-_Copy.JPG

Beautiful! :circle-of-love:

Have you feeding them on a regular schedule? I imagine spraying is tougher ... ? I wouldn't be afraid to feed 'em heavier. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Beautiful! :circle-of-love:

Have you feeding them on a regular schedule? I imagine spraying is tougher ... ? I wouldn't be afraid to feed 'em heavier. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks greatly GT!!

The feeding has not been a reg schedule. with it raining so often they have pretty much, since june, been getting one feed to every 4-6 "waterings" in form of rain. at the start i didnt come out but once every 10-14days with so much rain we have had.

i am going to start feeding heavier for sure and more regularly too..i wanna still try to maximize what i can with these ladies. its just real tough to get out to them..not to mention carryin the water that far is freaking TOUGH AS HELL!!! lol up and down hills through the woods with 2 five gallon buckets filled to the top is no joke:yikes::)....not to mention carrying 120 gal of soil in june through out the spots lol

SGA...sorry to here about the big changes you gotta do! Was still lookin at your S&S. The flushing action on your outdoor stuff is just like you said.Have you been giving any G.E. of Doc's to those? I think it's cool that your trying it outdoors! Wish i could.Gotta have a pretty special place to be able to just let big sativa's go like that. Cheers eh! Your new set up will prolly be much better....the extra veg time will ,for sure pay you back,as well.:high-five:

SGA...sorry to here about the big changes you gotta do! Was still lookin at your S&S. The flushing action on your outdoor stuff is just like you said.Have you been giving any G.E. of Doc's to those? I think it's cool that your trying it outdoors! Wish i could.Gotta have a pretty special place to be able to just let big sativa's go like that. Cheers eh! Your new set up will prolly be much better....the extra veg time will ,for sure pay you back,as well.:high-five:

Thanks Duggan! yea man i have been giving them Growth Energy each time i can make it out there to feed them. each time i feed it will rain one or 2 times at least in between so each time i go out i bring"feed" water. as of late i mix 35ml GE, 5ml transplant and 4ml tea per 5 gallon bucket and everyone gets 2.5 gal each.

If it has been raining alot when possible i would get out and hit each one with 3/4 to 1 gal of feed water right after a rain to sneak in some nutes like you would do at the end of a flush type of deal...

The SNS will become a big vegged out freak along with the rest of the group here and yes sir're i agree they should give back to me many more buds in return!!!:):high-five:

The new spot will have higher ceilings and i will have a room designated to my meds instead of a small enclosure. I will be at the new spot for a year while i continue to build my house, and so i will put some good use to it and plan on some new upgrades.

For now im going to put up an old 1000w HPS and 600w HPS along with the 4 leds for the new flower space. so should total (160+160+130+90+1000+600) about 2140 watts for the new bloom room. i already have ballast, hoods, inline fans, bulbs and everything needed to get the spot functional.

prolly gonna split the room into 2 spaces, one to continue High Brix growing with 15gal air pots on one side and buying the oxygen system i have been watching LA growing in for the other side to get back into some hydro growing.

I love growing in water and want to do some of it again for old time sake. The oxygen pot system can also be used for the high brix growing too im pretty sure. as long as its ok for the nutes in docs kit to be ran through a water pump it will actually work great i think!!

but with the hydro set up i plan to run straight hydroton or some other similar inert grow medium that can be fed 3-4 times a day so i can push these babies again like i did here with these 2 jillybean in 18 gal DWC homemade recirculating bucket system of mine
6951.JPG
6961.JPG

Its just real fun to me and i enjoy working with the garden heavily each day:)

SGA...it looks to me like you have every thing figured out!You guys that can grow outside like that piss me off:ganjamon: I'm in Can.,so even if you have the space...finding a decent strain that will finish properly becomes a challenge eh!Growing H.B. can you give you some info during your "water" grows when they go to shit!! Just messin around bro! Gotta go make supper for the boys! Cheers !:cheer:

SGA...it looks to me like you have every thing figured out!You guys that can grow outside like that piss me off:ganjamon: I'm in Can.,so even if you have the space...finding a decent strain that will finish properly becomes a challenge eh!Growing H.B. can you give you some info during your "water" grows when they go to shit!! Just messin around bro! Gotta go make supper for the boys! Cheers !:cheer:

Greenhouse+light dep= happy Duggan :) maybe not sure if you have room for one but find a fast strain and put in greenhouse or veg some decent plants indoor through winter and put straight to light dep in start of summer...just thinking about how you may be able to do somw outdoor-ish growing up in ol Can. :)

:)and as for my water grows going to shit..Tu Shay and very possible LOL :) why im gonna have one area for hydro and one for H.B. i cant get away or stop growing HB i just wanna play with water systems again :)

:volcano-smiley::passitleft:heres from me to you:passitleft:

SGA...excellent brother! Passin back bro!! We should all get together for some pops! ,laughs and hoots!:volcano-smiley: Got my two boys (13 and 7) for the week ...last week before school!Yee Ha:cheer: ...save some loot on sitter $$. So pretty busy...like to check in here when i can! I'm gettin all the fishin stuff ready for the three of us ,for later in the week! Cheers eh! Ya ,and even if i had a G. House the security would be an issue. People are just too close for comfort ...if you know what i mean?Have a great day SGA and anyone else listening!:thumb:

SGA...excellent brother! Passin back bro!! We should all get together for some pops! ,laughs and hoots!:volcano-smiley: Got my two boys (13 and 7) for the week ...last week before school!Yee Ha:cheer: ...save some loot on sitter $$. So pretty busy...like to check in here when i can! I'm gettin all the fishin stuff ready for the three of us ,for later in the week! Cheers eh! Ya ,and even if i had a G. House the security would be an issue. People are just too close for comfort ...if you know what i mean?Have a great day SGA and anyone else listening!:thumb:

I would love to find a chance to all get together and enjoy some time and company!!!:cheer::volcano-smiley: would be thoroughly enjoyable to be surrounded by fellow growers/like minded people....and in PERSON :)

Thats awesome you have your boys with you, sure thats always great :) I love to fish, one of my favorite past times, my dad raised me fishing too, gotta love it!!:love:

thanks for checking in here, any time you get to is a privilege for me :high-five:

safety first in this world we live in for sure so i hear ya on that one...better safe than sorry!:)

No....it's a hoot for an old school guy like me to even be on here,so back at ya SGA.Did i say how cool it was how your doing H.B. outside like that...sort of contained like that.The flushing action would mean they would need alot more G.E. drenches.Talk about a challenge to time everything eh ?Can you just let them grow ,and not have to worry how big they get?
Anyhow SGA i'm fuckin bagged bro....took them swimming today ...etc.....:yahoo:

unfortunately i cant let them get to big...these really are too big for my situation as it is, but it is what it is now:) thats why i top most all of them and they have two main heads growing up top.

They def need more drenches then what i have been giving for sure, just cant make it out enough. i gave them all the first cat drench yesterday so another C drench is up in the next 4-6 days depending when i can get there:)

Get that rest Duggan!!

Happy Weeday to all!

SGA...thanks bro,and mornin to ya!. Yesterday wiped me out pretty good....today is supposed to be fishing....don't know yet...maybe wait till the weekend,lay low for a day or two? Not sure what little one wants yet....too early!Hey SGA, at least you can give them a bit of a go outside eh??Just keep em sort of on the lower side eh! Oh weell...over at potm ,i'm gettin beat now bt 6 votes ,so it's just about over....just havn't been able to figure out why!Is everyone fuckin blind or what?My next two MK Ultra's are comming right along and may enter one of those in a couple more month's...they're getting nice and big now.Have "hooked up" pretty good to they're 10.5 gal. rootbuilder's with H.B. soil.Have a great day SGA. Gotta get a java!:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom