Sir Grow Alot's Favorite Strains - LED - High Brix

sir grow alot

Whats up great people of :420:

I am starting a new thread fairly preemptively but due to excitement i can not resist.

ROOM:
Building a simple grow room for flowering 3'Wx6'Lx7.5'H instead of this 2.5'x2.5'x6' tent ive been in lately.

constructed of 2x4 framing/some screws, wrapped in 6mil black and white poly. using a staple gun/staples and some velcro.... simple very effective room. passive intake with small can filter and 6" vortex for exhaust.

LIGHTS
two 100x3 Top LED's actual draw of 160W each and one ebay 90-100w unit simialar to the other 2.

CONTAINER
5 gal air pots.

SOIL
3.8 cuft bale of Pro-mix HP amended with Doc Buds high brix amendment and 30lbs wiggle worm EWC. All mixed up watered and set to "cook" or awaken the soil life for 30 days before use.

NUTES
Doc bud High brix line up.

drenches:
Growth Energy, transplant, catatonic drench, Tea

Foliars:
De-stress, Brix

Topdress:
amendment with kit to be top dressed in flower

Root dressing:
product called ROOTS, has MYCO's and what not for coating the root zones during transplants. also used to help re-cook the soil for additional soil runs.

SEEDS:!!!!!!!!!!
ive been trying and trying new strains to find new killer meds for some years now and what ive come to learn is that no matter what i grow there are always those few that stand out over all others for me for all these years. so im done messing around with other strains for now and am going to keep the other 4-5 non-tested mothers i planned to take cuts from soon to the side for another few months:trance:

so seeds are as follow:

Sweet Island Skunk(next gen seeds)
Blue Dream(Humbolt seed org)
-for both these first 2, the taste, smell, high is after hundreds of strains my favorite period!!!!
bubblegummer(female seeds)
- As for the bubblegum i had it for the first and only time bout 10 years ago and was astounded by the taste....so im on the search for the bazooka pink flavor gum pheno

Ill get pics up here in the next couple days as i progress with the project.

Any words of wisdom, advise, constructive criticism and general BS'ing is encouraged here:high-five::peace:

SGA:Namaste:

I'm here! YAY!! :)

I can't wait. :thumb:

Subbed! Looking forward to your new grow

:high-five::high-five::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Humbled to have you guys join, thanks!!!:cheer:

Last night i got the new room framed in and covered with poly on 3 of 4 sides with one continuous piece of poly which was nice for water leak security.

tonight i will finish putting in a roll up poly door, cover the last wall, hang the lights and install the exhaust fan.....and of course put all the ladies in the new home :)

I am currently having camera issues as you may know, lost my new one and now cant find a charger for the old one lolol damn it bad luck :) but none the less even if im buying a new one this weekend ill get pics up soon.

Thanks for hanging out:Namaste:

Pulled up a chair, just lit up a fat one. :rollit:

Honored Doc :Namaste:...ill just....wait.......wait..........ok yeah now im lighting one up too! So heres to High brix :blunt::roorrip:

I have the new room mostly done, now i just lack giong through and running duct tape over all the stapled spots to ensure a light tight finish for flower time and that it!!

Ive been gone for almost a week, Just got married :), and when i got back a few of the plants are showing some signs of stress that i attribute to some light stress and drought, some of them were not too happy when i got home.

i hit everyone with some stress and energy with 1/4oz transplant and ill see how they liked that tonight.

The seeds should be in by monday no later i ASSUME.

Here is a pic of the outside wall and the exhaust fan poking through, and the second pic is of the velcro that holds the "door"shut
DSC00594_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00596_-_Copy.JPG

here you can see the inside of the room and the lights. i will be attaching the 3 with some string to keep them lined up perfect here soon. im not too worried with it right now because this room is pretty well covered evenly with light.
DSC00597_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00598_-_Copy.JPG

Here are some fun photos of the dried Martian Kush.
DSC00603_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00606_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00605_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00604_-_Copy.JPG

two thumbs up.

led grows always look like there's a party going on in there! crazy colored lights lol

LOL i agree IONIZE! Thanks for stopping in!

SEEDS ARE IN!!!!!

DSC00621_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00624_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00623_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00626_-_Copy.JPG

3 OF EACH put into moist paper towels and a zip lock then to a dark warm place. ill check them at 24 hours and every few hours after that. at around 80 degrees F it almost never takes past 30hrs or so to germ.

back with pics when the sprout!!

BTW the HSO seed company's packaging is F'N cool as hell. i really like the wood with burned into subscribing. :thumb:

Everyone went from paper towels to solo cups last night. 48 hours in the paper towels and everyone had an inch long tap root.

I punched a bunch of drainage holes in the solos on the bottom and an inch and half up the sides. then filled them with the HB soil and watered them in with transplant and tea mix.

next made a hole about 1/4" deep and filled it with the roots powder. then i took the new seedling put it in the hole tap root down head up and covered it with peat moss and watered it in with a syringe with 4ml of the same nute mix up.

from here i don't mess with them for about a week.

Ill post pics when they show their beautiful little selves

(the peat moss i used was from the promix used for the HB soil mix just found some chunks broke them up and covered the seedlings. i just like a light airy mix on top of the seedlings.)

I just so happened to be by the internet today so figured id share the exciting news in my cannaworld....

:woohoo::tommy: 100% germination 100% showed lovely new heads above ground yesterday!!!!:theband::theband::theband::phew::phew::phew:

Ill post pics monday of all the things going on in the jungle over here.

Have a great day and rest of the weekend:420::peace:

Awesomesauce! :)

Thanks for always hanging out TOKE!! :high-five:

Things are moving along and the ladies are growing. nothing big to report yet but some pics of where the group of the FAV 3 are doing.
DSC00677_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00680_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00679_-_Copy.JPG

here are some pics of where they will be in 2.5ish weeks, the nine FAVS in #5 air pots and the one sage n sour in the 15gal smart pot in the corner.
DSC00683_-_Copy.JPG

For now though the other 2 autos are seeking shelter there till the new occupants arrive. 2 out of the 3 lights are on right now.
DSC00681_-_Copy.JPG

:peace:

SGA ,Nice room you got there...have fun with your new grow.I'm gonna watch this one.Wanna see that "fluxing " one grow .Cheers bro!

WUZZ UP DUGGAN!! whats up brotha thanks for stopping in. i know these 9 and the fluxed SNS are sharing an enclosure but i will be keeping up with the fluxed one in my flux journal so if you wanna see her progress check out my sig for that link:)

Thanks for the kind words and fun i will have indeed sir!! matter of fact ALMOST NOTHING FUNNER....almost :)

ill have pics on all the journals tommorrow morning.:peace:

SGA...ya it's alot of fun,that's for sure bro! You bin doin that fluxing thing a while? Just wondering if all the stress has a tendancy to hermie it? If there are no other issues thru the grow, as far as limiting factors go, no other stresses etc.It's a pretty radical method,i don't think i would ever try it, but it's fun to see how plants respond and just how "trainable" they can be. Over the yrs. iv'e tried a few diff. methods of training and i always go back to pipe cleaners.All i do is encourage branching when they're young ,and train all the leaders so you can't tell which one's the "main" usually wind up with around 10-15 "mains".If the pot is big,the "mains" are big.The two MK Ultras i'm gonna soon chop ,will yield between 12-16 z's. Ya i'm stoked bro...cheers!:blunt:

SGA...ya it's alot of fun,that's for sure bro! You bin doin that fluxing thing a while? Just wondering if all the stress has a tendancy to hermie it? If there are no other issues thru the grow, as far as limiting factors go, no other stresses etc.It's a pretty radical method,i don't think i would ever try it, but it's fun to see how plants respond and just how "trainable" they can be. Over the yrs. iv'e tried a few diff. methods of training and i always go back to pipe cleaners.All i do is encourage branching when they're young ,and train all the leaders so you can't tell which one's the "main" usually wind up with around 10-15 "mains".If the pot is big,the "mains" are big.The two MK Ultras i'm gonna soon chop ,will yield between 12-16 z's. Ya i'm stoked bro...cheers!:blunt:

right on Duggan i hope you get the yeild you want!!!

This is my first time to try Fluxing with the SNS so i cant speak from experience wether or not they will hermie but i would figure they would be fine...the defol early on is pretty stressful but they react really well to it.

i have done several other training methods with SCROG being my favorite to date but i have really enjoyed fluxing too, it just takes a good long while and some patience to get them to the final size you ultimately want before flip. i very excited to get to flower and see how even and equal the tops come out being...i want at least 4oz from her. i have 18 equal tops to bud out, i figure each one will come in dry at least 7gram nugs with 18 tops that 4.5oz.....Ill take this any day for a non hydro plant.

i posted new pics of her here Sir Grow Alot - High Brix Flux - Sage n Sour

check it out theres a side by side pic from last week to last night there.:)

Favorite Strains update 7/28/14

alright alright my FAVS update time!!!!

not alot going on here at all just little babies growing.

they are nice and green, and thirsty too!!:)

i water them from the bottom last night by pouring the water into the saucer they are in. The same way i water most all of my plants:high-five::high-five: They really like it and respond very well.

still just on straight water. i will be transplanting them on friday to their final homes in the 5gal air pots. Roots are already coming out the bottom holes in search of the magic substance....water:)

There they will get a does of transplant and tea along with the roots mycos.

DSC00706_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00707_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00709_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00710_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00711_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00713_-_Copy.JPG
DSC00714_-_Copy.JPG

Back
Top Bottom