Size Does Matter! Shot Glass Grow

BubbleBucketz

I wanted to start a journal so I can start a grow using a shot glass as my container for soil. I have done a few Solo cup grows for fun and now I want to test myself a little. This is going to be a full grow from seed to harvest using nothing more then a plastic shot glass sized container. I am going to have to build a little box that can drop the shot glass into so it doesn't tip over on me. Below is the exact cup I will be using. I will upload all my grow information over the next day as well with an update once a week unless I do something in between. With that being all said.....lets pick the strain....I am choosing Glue Cookies, a hybrid reg seed from our sponsor here @New420Guy Seeds .

92526458_685814828839879_3788553246931419136_n (1).jpg

I wanted to start a journal so I can start a grow using a shot glass as my container for soil. I have done a few Solo cup grows for fun and now I want to test myself a little. This is going to be a full grow from seed to harvest using nothing more then a plastic shot glass sized container. I am going to have to build a little box that can drop the shot glass into so it doesn't tip over on me. Below is the exact cup I will be using. I will upload all my grow information over the next day as well with an update once a week unless I do something in between. With that being all said.....lets pick the strain....I am choosing Glue Cookies, a hybrid reg seed from our sponsor here @New420Guy Seeds .

92526458_685814828839879_3788553246931419136_n (1).jpg
Get ready... she’s a leggy one.
043AAB9A-D542-4766-9973-667880D142EB.jpeg

That’s all her.
D0069911-A195-4DC0-99CC-11B5908CD3E9.jpeg

Temperamental as hell and Mag hungry in the beginning.

Get ready... she’s a leggy one.
043AAB9A-D542-4766-9973-667880D142EB.jpeg

That’s all her.
D0069911-A195-4DC0-99CC-11B5908CD3E9.jpeg

Temperamental as hell and Mag hungry in the beginning.
Great job. In the start they aren't too bad to take care of.....daily waterings and feeds every other day are fun near the end though lol.

:popcorn:What a great (& inspiring!:idea: ) shot showing the possibilities of mini-grows in solo cups! This Micro-grow should be very interesting!:popcorn:
Thank you for stopping in. I have always loved doing smaller plants like this. They are challenging. It teaches me sooooooo much too. Enjoy the show as it unfolds.

Do you have some of your solo adventures CHRONIC-led & if so how can I find them?
Sorry, I do not have any journals complete here yet as I just started last month here. I can help however so just ask and I will try my best to assist you. Follow along though as I will update often.

Subbed in, you gonna use coco for the shot grow?
Thank you for stopping in. I was thinking soil with a sipper cup to bottom feed once she gets bigger. I was also thinking a rockwool cube even.

Interesting on the bottom feed idea. Very curious to see how it goes. Rock wool may be easier as it's supposed to be difficult to get root bound in hydro but I've never ran it personally. either way :popcorn:
I have done a Solo grow with a sipper cup for bottom feeding. I still had to water and feed from the top to but with the addition of the sipper, I don't need to water the plant daily. I only keep the Solo cup used as a sipper with only about 1-2 inches of water only. Works awesome. I'll include pics and what I do if I choose that road. If I did rockwool, I would still use the sipper idea as well.

Hey bb shot cup looks fn small keen to check this grow I have not done solo challenge my self yet
So very interested have you made a choice on grow material soil, coco Rockwool,
Yes I did. I will be doing the full grow in soil. I will be using a bottom cup for a sipper cup as well as top feeds too.

A few I have done in Solo cups. I am looking for harvest pics though. Not sure if I had taken them for these plants.
solos4.jpg

What was your main challenge growing in cups?
What would you have done differently if you did it again? Lastly, did you have to cut off branches to keep it small? Or let it go naturally?

What was your main challenge growing in cups?
What would you have done differently if you did it again? Lastly, did you have to cut off branches to keep it small? Or let it go naturally?
The main problem I was having is finding the right feeding strength and how often I needed to feed them. Only thing I did really was different modifications ( topping and LST & variations of main-lining ). I treated them like a normal plant. Veg time was around 2-3 weeks then flipped. Besides daily waterings, and 3 feeds a week, it was a PITA finding that sweet spot but now that I have an idea, the grows are much easier.

Back
Top Bottom