Skankstar's Cheese Soil Indoor

When a female cannabis plant is flowered the plant first develops white pistils at the nodes and tops, as flowering progresses the calyxes will begin swelling and filling in the buds. Can you take some current photographs of your plants?

So the ladies, they are all at 5 weeks of flowering, I have been struggling with two plants (Ice Cream strain)
The leaves are not looking healthy as you will see. I tried to supplement more nitrogen the last three feeding's but have yet to see any significant changes or response to the treatment, maybe its too late for the two girls and are too far gone :/

Well ill start with the healthiest first which are the two cheese strains and work down to the less impressive

Cheese #1
DSCN14296.JPG
DSCN14305.JPG

RSCN1443.JPG

Cheese #2
DSCN145810.JPG
DSCN145910.JPG
RSCN1462.JPG

Ice Cream #1 and the tallest
DSCN14397.JPG
DSCN14376.JPG
RSCN1440.JPG

Ice Cream #2 and #3 both show yellow browning leaves, and maybe a slight stunt in growth

DSCN14479.JPG
RSCN1449.JPG
RSCN1457.JPG

DSCN14537.JPG
DSCN14548.JPG
RSCN1452.JPG

I think they could be worst but im not sure i can save them :/

Thanks for following, feel free to comment :;):

Cheers KJC, i appreciate your help, but i may have left it too long :/

This is Ice Cream #1
DSCN14678.JPG
DSCN14669.JPG

And IC #2
DSCN14657.JPG
DSCN14648.JPG

I hope they are clear enough :/

Your leaf damage appears to be a phosphorous deficiency possibly from a nutrient lock out. I would flush your pots with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. What nutrients are you using and how many millilitres per gallon? You may require a flowering booster to supplement the amount of phosphorous and potassium you are supplying your plants.

Hey Skanstar! Your plants are starting to look miiiiiiiighty fine for the most part ;)
I'd have to agree with KingJohn about the problem. As usual he has provided sound advice. :laughtwo:

Now, I'm curious, what's your take on defoliation KingJohn? I usually like defoliating slowly (as needed) when large fan leaves
are over shadowing one, or multiple bud sites, and (of course) only on healthy plants. I've heard conflicting information throughout
my life on this subject, so any information you can give would be greatly valued.

I wish you both the greenest of gardens! :Namaste:

I defoliate in vegetative growth to promote more light to the branches and nodes. When I prepare a plant for flower I leave no more then 4 fan leaves at each growing top and remove all the large lower fan leaves, I allow 5-10 days for the plant to recover before placing the plant in flower. When I defoliate in flower I defoliate at days 21-25 of flower and remove all the lower growth that will only produce popcorn and any fan leaves that shade a bud site and again at day 45 if needed.

You can see examples of how I defoliate in my journals

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Hi KJC and LOD :)

so im using the nutrients that i provided photos of in earlier posts

it states on the bottle to put 40 ml of nutes per 20 litres of water for both for growth and bloom, due to previous problems as KingJC knows and had helped me with, the last 3 feedings ive put 20ml grow and 20ml bloom nutes to 20 litres of water and ph is always 6.5 i double check
Should i wait till the soil is dry before doing the flush?

Thanks to you both and i wish the same for you two :thumb:

Thank you i shall flush tomorrow and post progress next week, i do have another question, i have heard that its best to stop feeding 2-3 weeks before harvest and give just water.. how will i know when im two weeks to harvest?

oh and you stated to flush with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size. so my pots are 16 litre pots so i should flush with at least 32 litres of water correct?

You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent. Yes, if you have not flushed your pots yet flush your 16 litre pots with at least 32 litres of pH adjusted water. Depending on the medium and nutrients you chose cannabis plants are flushed for harvest for between 4-14 days with only either pH adjusted water or pH adjusted water and a flushing agent.

It depends on what your desired effect you wish to get from your cannabis when smoked, the strain and effects of the strain largely govern what the smoked effect is but can be influenced by the state of trichome maturity. I would flush your plants for 7-14 days to allow enough time for your plant to use up stored nutrients before harvest.

Back
Top Bottom