SkooterClowns - CFL Papaya Grow

SkooterClowns

This our first attempt growing this strain. We have been growing a mother for 3+ months. While we're not 100% sure, it has shown some signs that it is female (or maybe it's just us hoping it does).

This is the description from the seed bank we bought them from. Guess which part of the description sold us on trying this strain.

Papaya is a fast growing, disease resistant, and usually early maturing marijuana strain. This heavy, greasy indica stays short and dense, making it very suitable for Sea of Green gardens. Papaya has an exotic tropical aroma that's also reminiscent of whiskey pipe tobacco. The buzz from Nirvana's Papaya is relaxing, lethargic, and almost narcotic.

Here is the link to our post showing our set up Growing with CFLs in very limited space. This is the second grow with this box. There has been no change to our set up for this grow. Because Papaya is short and dense we decided to double the number of plants for this grow. Our box was designed to use two 2.5 gallon tubs so we finally get to use it to full capacity.

We are continuing to use General Hydroponics 3 part nutrient system. We don't rigidly follow the schedule. We don't change the mix weekly. We find it's better to make the changes depending on the status of the grow. We usually only flush and change the mix 4 or 5 times during the grow.

One major change we will be doing this time is to use GH supplements throughout the whole grow. The 3 supplements we will be using are:
Bio weed
Floralicious Plus
Kool Bloom

We are going to try to document when we flush and change the mix. We will include the PPM, Ph and which week of the GH schedule we are using.

:rollit:

You know I'm on board! Relaxing, lethargic, and almost narcotic?? Sounds like the perfect strain to me! :smokin:

Good luck you two! Cant wait to see the progress! :popcorn:

:peace:

Cuttings taken today and put in rockwool and placed in the tubs.

DSC012382.JPG

Day 1 @ 24/0
PPM - 380
Ph - 5.6
GH Week - Clone mix

Nice boys. Gettin stuck into it already.
Paclobutarol is the stuff ur after.:bong:
I put a pic of my nectars on my thread if u
wanna take a look.

Hey groover, thanks for the heads up on the Bonzi juice....

As for our cloning, we use a brand called "Green Light" rooting hormone..which is a powder

we take the cuttings.. cut the bottom two nodes then dip it into the rooting powder and into the rock wool...seems to be working ok for us so far.

I am going to be looking into Olivia's rooting gel, I have read a lot off great things about it so I think it is worth a closer look...I like the Idea of a gel instead of a powder also...I think a gel might help avoid an air bubble getting into the stem better than just relying on the powder/wet rockwool to do the job.

I have only ever used purple Clonex Gel. Good Aussie stuff by Growth Technology Western Australia.
I was smashed on hash last night and shoulda been clearer. I wasn't talkin propagation. I mean do you use any kind of Rhizotonic(canna),
Roots Excelurator(H&G),Replicator(Duch Master) or anything in your nute mix to produce such a mass of healthy roots???
Thanks Bro's:Rasta:

I have only ever used purple Clonex Gel. Good Aussie stuff by Growth Technology Western Australia.
I was smashed on hash last night and shoulda been clearer. I wasn't talkin propagation. I mean do you use any kind of Rhizotonic(canna),
Roots Excelurator(H&G),Replicator(Duch Master) or anything in your nute mix to produce such a mass of healthy roots???
Thanks Bro's:Rasta:

No Groover we don't use anything but the rooting powder (as yet) but the cloning end of our operation is the next phase that is going through process improvement. I just didn't get a good handle on the best way to clone and the finer points of getting the cuttings to root. We will be making changes/improvements as to how to do this more efficiently with better results.

As for the volume and health of our roots: we've always ended up with a tub full of healthy, white roots. The last grow the roots ended up on the brown side. We are attributing the brown color to the black strap type stuff we began to incorporate into the mix.

The only thing we do to develop and maintain the roots is to provide a LOT of air and we add hydrogen peroxide to the tubs twice a week (about half a cup for the 2.5 gallon container twice a week). We've never had an issue with the plants getting root bound or anything like that.

:ciao:

Well it's mid week picture time...I've just been spraying them with the same clone mix we have in the tubs...no sign of roots yet but they seem to be doing just fine...should see some any day now (keeping my fingers crossed as I always get nervous until I see roots, I hate to lose even one clone)

DSC022651.JPG
DSC02266.JPG

Day 5 @ 24/0
PPM - 380
Ph - 5.6
GH Week - Clone mix

more info and more plants, I cant wait to watch and learn..

Good to see you join us ItsChrome...but remember we are just a couple of clowns who are learning as we go, ourselves...good to have you along for the ride......:bong:

more info and more plants, I cant wait to watch and learn..

Thanks for joining us on this ride ItsChrome. So far we have learned a lot from everyone on this site. We are going to continue to try to give back to everyone here by documenting our processes and anything we may learn along the way. Stay tuned for more of our adventure. It's gonna be a fun ride.

Oh this i wanna see, hydro has all my intrest theese days even tho i'm in soil my self. Hope they root soon for ya!

Thanks for coming along Stakkur. Just a little background information about us clowns and how we ended up doin' hydro. Our very first grow was with dirt. Before we found this site (about 5 years ago) and it was a disaster. While we produced some smokable weed it was NOT a fun experience for us. It was too much work and we had trouble with keeping the plants healthy and properly nute'd (my own word). Mid way thru that first grow Slappy and I decided we needed an easier way to grow our favorite crop. We're stoners...bottom line we needed things to be easy and to produce a substantial quantity of bud. We scoured the internet and put together a plan to switch to hydro. We haven't looked back since. While our first hydro was under 400w MH lighting our most recent grows (2 of which is journaled here at 420magazine) have been under CFLs. We've made modifications and outright changes to our processes but always implemented and experimented so that we could come up with answers to the questions we had.

We found that while the internet is chock full of all kinds of information about this hobby it was difficult, if not impossible, to find all the answers to some very specific questions we had. Once I found this site and saw how well it was moderated and how knowledgeable and helpful everyone is we decided that we would begin documenting our grows. We figured that we were probably not the only ones looking to answer the questions we had and if it was difficult for us to find the answers others were probably having the same problem. So here we are. We are having fun growing our shit...AND we get to help others do the same. As I have stated before...it is BY FAR some of the best fun you can have with your pants on!

We've heard back from more than a few people that have told us they are switching from soil to hydro, not totally because of our methods, but we're told our simple, clean, and easy process have convinced them to give it a try. I'm glad to hear that you may be considering it and if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions we want to hear them. We don't profess to know it all...Hell, we figure we don't know most of it...so we are always open to new ideas and suggestions.

I, very recently, have been in contact with a "former" dirt farmer and have been involved with getting him set up with our system. I've not seen anyone that excited about trying something new. He's been growin' in dirt for years and says he is loving our results, yields and methods. THAT is very cool! I forgot to mention to him that Slappy and I are to get a commission from his first grow (we figure half an oz per plant should be sufficient LOL).

:riskybusiness:

I forgot to mention to him that Slappy and I are to get a commission from his first grow (we figure half an oz per plant should be sufficient LOL).

:riskybusiness:

And then maybe we'll let him in on the rest of the tricks we do ...:hmmmm:

J/K..........we'll never tell... LOL

Alright here we are after 9 days...Still no roots but at least they look like shit :smokin:

Slappy sent me these shots and said "...here you post these. I posted the last shots where they look like shit."

It's only been 9 days so we need to keep 'mokin' our bowls and relax. It's a weed and they are tough. We've never lost a clone (only been cloning for a couple of grows). These are all the things I tell myself to keep my hopes up.

DSC02267.JPG
DSC02268.JPG

Day 9 @ 24/0
PPM - 380
Ph - 5.6
GH Week - Clone mix

Dont be too worried guys they'll come good for ya. If they don't it just means the universe has some different plans for this grow. I'm quite sure you have the knowledge to adapt and overcome. If not you know everyone is here for ya. Dont even think about thanking me for the MOM nom. Both you and Slappy deserve it for bein such good blokes. Have a great Christmas. I just ordered a wee gift for myself. Two Words "Mandala Hashberry" mmmmmmmm.

Thanks Groover. I'm sure things will work out the way they are meant to.

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

May all your plants grow healthy, strong and potent.

:xmas:

Back
Top Bottom