SkooterClowns Doin' it with Papaya - Yeah Baby!

SK-Slappy

Ok....you may or may not know but we have been trying to get a papaya grow going for quite a while but due to a few hiccups with timing, lack of space and a move, along with the room grow build it just never worked out.

Well we finally got around to this strain again and we are now on our way...I grew one seed (because that's how we do it) and vegged a "mom" from it for a few weeks...

At about week 4 we took 8 clones from it and set them up in the clone machine. While those were rooting I continued to grow out the mom. I am pretty sure the mom is showing female traits (or wishful thinking) so I am pretty confident we have a winner here.

Out of the 8 clones we rooted we took the best 6 and moved them into net pots and back into the clone machine until the roots came through the bottom of the net cups...Then, out of those 6, we took the best 4 and will grow them out.....

We are now at that point and Skooter made up a fresh batch of week 3 GH mix and transferred the little beasts tonight..

OK, enough of the bull Sh*t and on to the pictures....(damn they look healthy, if I do say so myself)

DSC017972.JPG

DSC017991.JPG

DSC01801.JPG

DSC018021.JPG

Re: SkooterClowns doin' it with Papaya , yeah baby!

Well, while we wait on the white castle and the papaya to bud out we decided to finally do something with all the cuttings we've saved over our last few grow.

We picked up a set of "bubble bags" and spent this afternoon making a few batches of bubble hash ..besides the "work" bag we only used the 73m and 25m bags as we didn't want 4 different grades (we got the 5 bags system)...we also weren't sure what we would get....

we were pleasantly surprised at what we ended up with, after all we were starting with crap we would usually throw away...

here's what we ended up with...

note: it is fresh out of the bag and we don't yet have our "pressing" cloth so we are drying it naturally so it may look a little runny

we are guesstimating it to be close to 1/2 oz of total bubble hash.

DSC027891.JPG

Hey UglyMuppet thanks for stopping by...

We sure hope this grow does well and that they indeed are ladies...

as for "scrog" we generally don't do any of that, the only tying we do is if they are a taller type plant and are getting to tall.

But usually we just let our plants grow naturally. We don't really have a height problem in our tents as they are a bit over 8' tall. If you check out the white castle grow thread we have going in the other tent you will see when they to about week 5 of bloom our room is pretty wall to wall plants and there really is no room left to do any scrogging....

We grow from clones so we would rather just fill the room with more plants than to spread out one or two to fill it...We think we get a bigger yield that way and don't stress the plants either...

We don't even do any punning or trimming, the only thing we cut off is any leaf that may turn brown.

Besides that all sounds like way too much work for us lazy, stoned ass clowns...:tokin:

Day 1 of bloom on 11/20/10

Here we go....fingers crossed that they are females...
DSC01825.JPG

DSC01829.JPG

DSC018303.JPG

Looks great,
I've read a few of your past grows and I'm going to follow this one so I can see the magic happen real time.
I see you changed your set up.
What are you using for light?
Still using GH?
:goodluck:

Looks great,
I've read a few of your past grows and I'm going to follow this one so I can see the magic happen real time.
I see you changed your set up.
What are you using for light?
Still using GH?
:goodluck:

Hey Rushed...thanks for subscribing to our journal.
Ya we changed the set up from Slappy's cabinet to a couple of grow tents we built in my place. You can check out the build here: SkooterClowns with power tools

We are using 400w HID lighting and, yes, still using GH. :)

Well sometimes it's just not meant to be.
It looks like we're STILL not gonna be growin' Papaya yet.

It's official...they are dudes!
It's like a sausage fest in there for cryin' out loud!

Did you buy fem seeds and if so were did you buy them?
Sorry for your loss.

Did you buy fem seeds and if so were did you buy them?
Sorry for your loss.

Thanks Rushed for your condolences. No we didn't buy fem seeds. We've had these seeds a while. Got them from Nirvana. We've actually been VERY lucky with our seeds from there. We've never bought fem seeds but have only had 3 or 4 males from the couple of dozen we've grown.

We have more Papaya seeds and will be trying again after our next grow.

I was wondering cause I just bought some fem seeds from Nirvana, (Wonder women and Snow White.) With those names I better get girls.
I'm just getting back into things from a long lay off, been growing outside, just enough for head stash.

Any idea what your growing next?

I'll be looking for your next big tent show.

Good luck see ya soon.

Very nice start, and I will keep my fingers crossed you have some ladies there. That would be a whole lot of work if those babies start growing balls. Just a thought but maybe you should have taken one of those smaller clones you did not use and put it under 12/12 in a closet or something so at the very least you could sex the plants while you where growing the main plants. Just a thought, plants look super healthy. Good luck and a + rep for ladies...

I was wondering cause I just bought some fem seeds from Nirvana, (Wonder women and Snow White.) With those names I better get girls.
I'm just getting back into things from a long lay off, been growing outside, just enough for head stash.

Any idea what your growing next?

I'll be looking for your next big tent show.

Good luck see ya soon.

Well we have a tent going now with White Castles in them (first link in my sig).
When those are harvested in late December we will being doing Bubblelicious in both tents then.

Back
Top Bottom