SkooterClowns with power tools

Re: SkooterClowns with power tools...

Hey beny, thanks...the cloner has a very small pump that sits in the bottom of the tub and has suction cup feet to hold it down...bought from the "garden supply" for about 10 bucks.

The spray heads are the .75 cent replacement heads for the "ez clone" we picked up at the "garden supply" we buy from...I have 9 heads in the tub but that is way over kill and I probably could have gotten away with maybe 4 but better too many than not enough.

the total cost of the whole deal cost us about 20 bucks and uses one gal of nute mix..

We use only General Hydro nutes for our grows,also bought at the "garden supply".
And I used Olivia's Rooting Gel on the cuttings.

We'll see in a few days if the thing actually works or not...:smokin:

kewl slappy thanks...

Im really lucky... My grow shop here is insanely familiar with GH nutes... the owner actually worked for them! Ill get in there and make one of these.

My build is coming along... Got one of the carbon filters and mufflers built. I also got the stealth air vent done and ready to go in , just got to clean the A/C unit coils real good so I dont contaminate the rooms.. WIll be buying my lights and building the grow rooms soon.

thanks a gain

Bender:thumb:

We are in semi-full operation!
Bastards sent the wrong breaker so we still have that to finish but that's a 5 minute job as all the wiring is ready for the breaker...even the panel is ready.

We finished building the interior walls separating the 2 part tent. Put the Crystal mom in and powered it all up.

Our exhaust fan is pulling a LOT of air. We watch the walls of the tent cave in when we zipper it up. It's good news.

Mom is on 24 hours cycle at the moment until we get roots from her children.

New journal for this Crystal (and the kids) will start once we have roots and switch mom to 12/12.

Some snaps for your viewing pleasure!

DSC013023.JPG

DSC013003.JPG

DSC013012.JPG

DSC013034.JPG

almost like we have a clue.....:slide:

lookin good!

is that mom on that sprinkler thing like your cloner or Deep Water Culture?

where did you get those clips that are holding your panda film to the frame... those are cool.

lookin good!

is that mom on that sprinkler thing like your cloner or Deep Water Culture?

where did you get those clips that are holding your panda film to the frame... those are cool.

Thanks Bend.
The mom is in our regular grow tub not our new cloning box. It's still in that tub because there are so many roots we couldn't get the net cup out of the hole in the lid without doing damage. The roots fill the box!

The clips we got from the same place we ordered the, hard to find, pvc fittings for the corners and such. Slappy has the link to the place we got them but this place has them too: Specialty PVC Fittings, Pipe, & Connectors for Projects & Patio Furniture

We bought some 4 foot lengths and just cut a mess of them about 3 to 4 inches.

ahhhh OK! thanks. I was wondering what you were going to do for those prop tray tops. those appear to have cost a bit eh? I saw the minimum order of $150.

I just finished buying all my stuff the other day (goodbye $1300) and Im busy putting it all together. I found some pretty high output PC fans (120MM) that Im hoping will meet all my venting needs (im venting the lights separately from the tents So Im using 2 fans per tent... each fan puts out 130 CFM) so Im hoping that should meet my cooling needs. Plus I have an 8,000 BTU window AC unit for the room so I should be able to keep the tents around 70 Degrees.

Good luck with the grow! Ill be watching so give lots of details!

thanks

Bender

ahhhh OK! thanks. I was wondering what you were going to do for those prop tray tops. those appear to have cost a bit eh? I saw the minimum order of $150.

I just finished buying all my stuff the other day (goodbye $1300) and Im busy putting it all together. I found some pretty high output PC fans (120MM) that Im hoping will meet all my venting needs (im venting the lights separately from the tents So Im using 2 fans per tent... each fan puts out 130 CFM) so Im hoping that should meet my cooling needs. Plus I have an 8,000 BTU window AC unit for the room so I should be able to keep the tents around 70 Degrees.

Good luck with the grow! Ill be watching so give lots of details!

thanks

Bender

Well we prefer to call people directly rather than order over the web (when possible) and it often pays off. Since we're not a business and I was polite and respectful to the guy on the phone I think that is why he waived the $150 minimum order. We only paid for the 2 sheets and shipping :thumb:

Keep an eye on your temp. Ideally you want to stay around 80 degrees with a "night time" temperature about 74 or so (try to keep the temp swing no more than 10 degrees from "day" to "night". With that in mind you may have an even easier time controlling your temp. :bongrip:

Not to worry. Posts will keep coming

Sorry Clowns for not visiting for awhile. I see you guys are moving right along with the operation. Good to see you two are on the road to Weedsville again.:thumb:

No problem Woodsman. Thanks for coming by.
We haven't been around much lately ourselves. I'm still unpacking and we were waiting for the wrong breaker to show up :bong:

Well if the use of water is any indication of how happy and healthy a plant is (and it is) then Franki is lovin' life!

In about 30 hours she has used ~1.5 gallons of water and is looking strong and happy.

I do notice that we may have a serious temperature issue in that we are pulling so much air out of the tent through the light fixture that it isn't even close to 80 degrees in there. In fact I'm not sure it's too much over 70. I will be getting a thermometer in there and will know better soon but I'm guessing I'm going to have to put our speed controller on the exhaust fan to slow down how much air is being pulled out. All in all I'd prefer it being too cool in the tent rather than too hot.

BTW - Franki is short for Frankenstein. Named for how she came to be.

Slappy has informed me that 2 of Franki's daughters have sprouted roots which means it's time to put Franki into flowering.

7:30pm I turned out the lights and will put them back on at midnight Saturday night giving her 28.5 hours of total darkness before beginning the 12/12 cycle.

You can follow her grow in the journal "Clowns running in circles" (in my signature)

So you're only growing 1 plant in your new tent?

why are you flowering your mom oh great and wise masters?

BTW, do you guys use a ppm meter and if so which one do you like?

Dem plants are looking mighty bushaaayyyy.

Keep an eye on your temp. Ideally you want to stay around 80 degrees with a "night time" temperature about 74 or so (try to keep the temp swing no more than 10 degrees from "day" to "night". With that in mind you may have an even easier time controlling your temp. :bongrip:

Not to worry. Posts will keep coming

I will keep my tent temps around 80 day and 74 night then. that will work a lot better as my window AC only goes to 70 anyway. It gets up to 105 here for a few weeks but the humidity is low.

2 Questions

1 - I was reading Roseman's excellent tutorial and he was saying he likes his water around 70... is that what you guys aim for?

2 - He was also saying he likes high humidity (~ 50%) for vegging and low for flowering... do you agree with that? I know you said keep it low but I wanted to ask to be sure

So you're only growing 1 plant in your new tent?

why are you flowering your mom oh great and wise masters?

BTW, do you guys use a ppm meter and if so which one do you like?

Dem plants are looking mighty bushaaayyyy.

Right now we only have one plant ready for the tents. We have 6 cuttings from her that are not quite ready to go into the tent. We have a lot of other strains we are going to grow and she is huge. We're gonna make one of the cuttings the new mom if we want to grow it out right away which is doubtful. We can't wait to see what she yields :yahoo:

We use a Hanna Instruments combination Ph/PPM/Temp. We bought it years ago. It was a bit pricey but we figured that if all we needed to do was properly prepare water to successfully grow some pot then we should get a higher quality if possible.

pH_meter_HI9813_0.jpg

Slappy got 2 separate meters (Ph and PPM) from our favorite hydro shop neHydro.com, Hydroponics and Gardening Supplies

I will keep my tent temps around 80 day and 74 night then. that will work a lot better as my window AC only goes to 70 anyway. It gets up to 105 here for a few weeks but the humidity is low.

2 Questions

1 - I was reading Roseman's excellent tutorial and he was saying he likes his water around 70... is that what you guys aim for?

2 - He was also saying he likes high humidity (~ 50%) for vegging and low for flowering... do you agree with that? I know you said keep it low but I wanted to ask to be sure

We aim for a max temp at the top at no more than 80 degrees and we don't like the temp to drop below 70 degrees anywhere in the grow space which definitely includes the water temperature. And we like the top to drop to ~70 as well during dark. BTW it is sometimes ok to drop more than 10 degrees during dark especially if the strain has a nice color that is possible. I've read that a bigger temp swing is what will help bring them out.

As far as humidity we haven't really paid too much attention to it other than to be sure it doesn't ever get above 50%. I'd have to look into whether or not regulating it can produce any worthwhile benefits.

But you also need to remember that Slappy and I like to minimize our effort as much as possible. We're clowns but we're lazy ass clowns :passitleft:

But you also need to remember that Slappy and I like to minimize our effort as much as possible. We're clowns but we're lazy ass clowns :passitleft:

:thumb:

LOL! Lazy ass clowns!! ...

Say... What kind of clown are you anyway??? (can't remember what movie that was from)

thanks for the info...

Got 1 of my tents built and hooked up the fan to the light and hooked it up to my super-stealth window intake/exhaust and its dead silent... wOOt!
I bought the canvas backed aluminum coated stuff to cover the tent and it was a PITA to attach to the tent frame but it came out pretty good... Im gonna be starting my grow journal soon.

Bendy

Back
Top Bottom