Skottel Indoor Winter Grow With 3 Different Strains

Hey hey

The cheese is in week 2 of flowering. The hindu didnt make it. Atleast the cheese is still going strong. So started with 3 plants and ended up with only one. Boy this cheese hasn't disappoint at all for seeds that is 5 years old. Always had flower from the outdoor grows from this batch seeds.

Cheese is getting her water on schedule everytime and she get cleaned from her dead leaves regulary when there is.

This friggin load shedding we have just messing around with my light schedule. Hope not that this plant isn't going to hermy.

Stays safe and blessedd everyone!

20220914_082212.jpg

20220914_082157.jpg

20220914_082143.jpg

20220914_082133.jpg

20220914_082123.jpg

20220914_082111.jpg

20220914_082059.jpg

Hey all,

Small update. I have finally bought myself a ec meter aswell a ph pen to see what the hell I'm doing. As things stand this is prob going ro be another failure of a indoor grow. Loool. Been doing that for the last 3 indoor grows. Thanks to load shedding everytime I plan to do a indoor grow to me just being plain stupid by not getting the proper gear to check ph balance and tds on nutes. I have to say that our tap water wasn't too bad. Got a reading of 7.3ph but never knew what the ppm with nutes were. Atleast got that reading now and I am glad to see that my mixtures were relatively on point lately with the flowering stage.

I have a feeling that it might be too late for my cheese to fatten up on her buds due to loadshedding but will give her some time to prove herself. It all depends on me as well to keep to the water schedule and to keep a eye on the load shedding.

I have also started with 3 seeds for outdoors and 2 of them started sprouting. Waiting for the 3rd ro sprout.

I am also leaning towards the method of indoor growing that @Carmen Ray did now for her winter grow. It seems for us saffers its the way to go in the future.

20220914_082133.jpg

20220914_082123.jpg

20220914_082111.jpg

20220914_082059.jpg

Hey Skottelgoed, is this your cheese we are looking at here? It looks to me like she is still putting out pistils and stacking. She looks healthy. How about putting her outside during the day and bringing her in for darkness, is that possible?
I am also leaning towards the method of indoor growing that @Carmen Ray did now for her winter grow. It seems for us saffers its the way to go in the future.
I wanted to know if I could grow without a tent and in winter. I'm so chuffed with the results of my experiment. Ok the bud from the autos was super airy but it smokes just fine, tastes great and the effects are what I need. I would only do photos like this again if I had a dark space. It has been a pain in the butt putting up bin bags every night after flip but their bud is pretty dense by comparison. They were grown in the same medium so I don't know what accounts for the difference in bud density. Autos are my way forward for a while.

Hey Skottelgoed, is this your cheese we are looking at here? It looks to me like she is still putting out pistils and stacking. She looks healthy. How about putting her outside during the day and bringing her in for darkness, is that possible?

I wanted to know if I could grow without a tent and in winter. I'm so chuffed with the results of my experiment. Ok the bud from the autos was super airy but it smokes just fine, tastes great and the effects are what I need. I would only do photos like this again if I had a dark space. It has been a pain in the butt putting up bin bags every night after flip but their bud is pretty dense by comparison. They were grown in the same medium so I don't know what accounts for the difference in bud density. Autos are my way forward for a while.
Hey Carmen it is the cheese you looking at. I was also thinking of putting her outside but my problem is that the light cycle is during the night and dark cycle during the day. I might just start putting her outside because of this kak load shedding. Hopefully she stacks up a bit better when outside. I am definitely looking at doing the next indoor grow on your method. Our spare bedroom isn't being utilised and is currently our laundry and storage room. Lol so can use that room seeing it is north facing and atleast get sun during the day. Your grow has been such a blast to follow along and to see what can be done around load shedding.

I have also started 3 seeds for outdoor grow this summer so I will be having a 22/23 outdoor grow going. The seeds started is a hindu kush auto, slurricane that came from a indoor bud and then a blueberry from my previous outdoor grow. All 3 have sprouted. Atleast eksdom can't f... this up for me. Looool

Hope you are having a great day and week. Take care.

Here is the new babies:

1st Blueberry
2nd slurricane
3rd hindu kush

20220920_074000.jpg

20220920_073951.jpg

20220920_073938.jpg

Congrats on the new babies. Is the cheese light enough to carry inside at night? Maybe do put her outside during the day if you can. I'm sure she will love that.

Congrats on the new babies. Is the cheese light enough to carry inside at night? Maybe do put her outside during the day if you can. I'm sure she will love that.
Yeah I can carry her in and out. Will start tomorrow to put her outside

Great stuff! What are you going to use for bug protection? 🌞
Got that covered with my family recipe on my signature:):thumb:

Die klein doners moet kom. Ek spuit vir hulle moertoe! :rofl: :rofl:

Checked in on the lady yesterday afternoon when I got home. Almost wanted to cry. Lol. She was hanging to her one side and got split where I first topped her. Had to bind her with some tape and I have also added some support in the middle for her to not lean over. Her leaves went a bit limp but I hope she bounces back. Its the second day in the beautiful Africa sun and weather for her. Hopefully I see a different sight today.

Question: my tds pen used to show the full amount ppm but have noticed of late that it is showing less on the ppm but then has x10. Got this pen recently and the instructions are very vague. Could it mean that if the ppm show 113 x10 that the actual ppm is 1130?

Oh no Skottel was this from the wind? Maybe put some bamboo supports in the pot if you can? You must have bound up the split? As long as the stem is supported and the split is duct taped or similar (grafting tape if you can get, is good to keep in your plant first aid kit), it has a good chance of recovery I feel sure.
Perhaps @InTheShed can answer the question about the tds pen?

Oh no Skottel was this from the wind? Maybe put some bamboo supports in the pot if you can? You must have bound up the split? As long as the stem is supported and the split is duct taped or similar (grafting tape if you can get, is good to keep in your plant first aid kit), it has a good chance of recovery I feel sure.
Perhaps @InTheShed can answer the question about the tds pen?
The wind wasn't too bad by us and the plant was basically out the wind. Her branches are a bit heavy. I should have actually put in a support long time ago but thought she was strong enough to hold her ground. Well that was a mistake. Yeah she got her tape around the stem and hoping she shows that it won't get her down :thumb:

@InTheShed and @Carmen Ray pic for reference.
Ignore the ph. I have upped the ph to 6.3ph
Anyone can chime in here regarding the tds pen...
20220921_170156.jpg

Just found this. Fingers crossed she finishes. Looking good though. Good old reliable cheese
Thanks man. Ya good ol cheese is always a go to strain. Thanks for popping in bro.

Could it mean that if the ppm show 113 x10 that the actual ppm is 1130?
That's correct!

LED displays only go to a number of places, so they add an x10 (100, 1000) in a smaller display to let you know you have an additional 0 on the end of the number displayed. So for a three-digit display (highest number 999), when it gets to 1000 it will say 100 x10 (or 1000!). 113 x10 would be 1130 and so on.

That's correct!

LED displays only go to a number of places, so they add an x10 (100, 1000) in a smaller display to let you know you have an additional 0 on the end of the number displayed. So for a three-digit display (highest number 999), when it gets to 1000 it will say 100 x10 (or 1000!). 113 x10 would be 1130 and so on.
Thank you so much for the info @InTheShed. Really appreciate my friend!

Hello all, little update.
I think this plant got stunted with the few first days of load shedding. Some pistils are turning orange/brown. I don't really see that more pistils are shooting out when plant is being moved outdoors for sun light. I'm holding my thumbs. She hasn't got some water yet since friday. Her soil is still moist in the middle area. I have also put some supports in for her to not lean over.

Been taking her out every morning and then she goes under the light for her last 2 hours every evening.

I am going to have to take a step back and reboot everything I do with the next up coming grow. Will plan things better around this bloody load shedding.
Also the new 3 babies are doing allright outdoors and I'm quite excited to see how they will turn out for this summer grow.

20220926_082419.jpg

20220926_082406.jpg

20220926_082346.jpg

20220926_082338.jpg

20220925_201346.jpg

20220925_201333.jpg

20220925_201325.jpg

20220925_201312.jpg

Back
Top Bottom