SkottelGoed Spons First Indoor Grow: Blue Cheese & Lambs Bread

Skottelgoed Spons

Good dmonring fellow 420's!
A warm welcome from Langebaan South Africa on this wintery cold day.
To start off this will be my first attempt ever into indoor growing and hope that I will learn alot as I go along. I am doing this on a budget as I do not earn alot and can only do this on a real tight budget. Mine won't probably the same as all this insane grows I have been seeing on this forum but I did take alot of information.
I have 3 x Blue cheese seeds I germinated on 23-06-2019 and 3 x Lambs bread and it only showed their heads 2 days ago.
I will be using a full spec LED light I picked up for very cheap and this is in my DIY grow box I build out of super wood and it has been. Just to add that this is a full on DYI grow box.

Grow medium will be 2 parts potting soil I bought at our local nursery and it will be mixed with one part 'Kraal' manure for all the nutrients the babies will require.
Water is PH balanced 6.2 and I have made manure tea from it and have added Kelpak seaweed fert to it and it has been aerating for more than 24hrs with a oxygen stone.
I will be using 10L pots for replanting as I am limted with space and first want to get use to the indoor growing and just learn as much of it as I can. Please feel free to giving advice as I am still a noob with this. All advice or criticism will be appreciated.

I am using regular seeds first to get the feel of everything. They might be female or they might be male. But we will see when they get bigger!:nervous-guy:

Thanks for looking at my grow journal.

Please meet the 6 babies....

Just a photo of the DIY box: (not as good looking but hopefully it will serve my needs)

Have a great day peeps!!:Namaste:

Update on the 6 babies. I'm letting it sprout still for root development. I will be hanging a T5 CFL for the seedlings. I will be replanting it over the weekend into bigger pots as it stretched quite abit. But for now they look happy and healthy.

Then this is a mango kush that was outside but because of the wind we had its main branch bended. I had to replant it a bit deeper and braced it for now. It looks that it helped as it is very happy in the grow box.

It's kak cold man. Mine look the same as you mango Eish
Yeah man, you can see the mango does not like the cold outside hence I moved it to the box for the heat. Funny enough my outdoor cheese again is flourishing in this cold and is growing quite beautifully. I expect to have a harvest prob in November from the Cheese.

Looking good Skots! You’re all set. The strains you have sound delicious.
Let’s see some sativaction..
:nomo:
Thank you. I love the blue cheese and Lambs bread. One of my most favorite strains. The lambs bread is just very scarce in South Africa. This is why I kept the seeds to continue with my own grow on these babies.:yahoo:Also got the idea from @irie lion to build a propagation box for clones if can get a strong lambs bread mother plant.

Hey I respect you want to keep a strain like that going. I was just reading about it earlier today by coincidence. I should look into the propagation box idea too. Keep a bit of continuity going.
:thumb:

Hey I respect you want to keep a strain like that going. I was just reading about it earlier today by coincidence. I should look into the propagation box idea too. Keep a bit of continuity going.
:thumb:
I'm glad I came across his journal! If it wasn't for his journal I prob wouldn't have wanted to continue with that strain. I'm glad that I can continue the strain with this method. I just love the lambs bread. It helps a lot with the chronic headaches I have.

Update: I have replanted the 3 x LB and 3 x BC to bigger pots and they seem to be happy. I have added a T5 CFL for the vegging stage and is working in conjuntion with my LED.
Photo of the babies:

For now it is just the waiting game and see them grow up.:lot-o-toke:

Welcome to my first grow journal. May you enjoy this and if you have any advice feel free to add it here. I am all for the learning process and the more info the better.:passitleft:

Hey bro! :passitleft:
Love the DIY setup, and nice selection of genetics!
Cheese varieties are my favourite and the flavour from the Blue Cheese is one of the nicest with the Blueberry lineage coming through. Lambs Bread is a legendary strain and iv'e been looking to grow it for a while. It's meant to be a pure Jamaican landrace and said to be Bob Marley's favourite strain! :ganjamon: So i'm super amped to follow your grow. I'll have to get a clone or two from you when they'e bigger if you'd be keen to swap some clones and genetics.
Looks like the girls are all off to a good, healthy start!

Hey bro! :passitleft:
Love the DIY setup, and nice selection of genetics!
Cheese varieties are my favourite and the flavour from the Blue Cheese is one of the nicest with the Blueberry lineage coming through. Lambs Bread is a legendary strain and iv'e been looking to grow it for a while. It's meant to be a pure Jamaican landrace and said to be Bob Marley's favourite strain! :ganjamon: So i'm super amped to follow your grow. I'll have to get a clone or two from you when they'e bigger if you'd be keen to swap some clones and genetics.
Looks like the girls are all off to a good, healthy start!
Hey man,

Yes it is a pure jamaican strain and you are more than welcome to have a few clones when they get bigger. I love the lambs bread strain. We can definately do a swap and have puff together. Welcome and I hope you enjoy this grow journal. If you have any advice please feel free to give it. I still have alot to learn.:Namaste::ganjamon:

Hoe lyk dinge ma se' kinders....:headbanger::passitleft:what's cracking gents, some sincity kush get the juices flowing...haha

Ya that lambs breath is quite the strain mr.Skottle, you the 2nd person I know whose got it the other being a lady somewhere in the stix here in sa. Fingers crossed you get a keeper brother, if your seedlings stretch anymore put a sosatie stick in next to them for support...

Hoe lyk dinge ma se' kinders....:headbanger::passitleft:what's cracking gents, some sincity kush get the juices flowing...haha

Ya that lambs breath is quite the strain mr.Skottle, you the 2nd person I know whose got it the other being a lady somewhere in the stix here in sa. Fingers crossed you get a keeper brother, if your seedlings stretch anymore put a sosatie stick in next to them for support...
Hahaha. Afrikaans is lekker! Yeah there is a fan for fresh air with a homemade filter.lol. I have disconnected the exaust fan for now as it is pulling the heat out too fast. I am working on soemthing for the exaust fan to have it at bay.

Never knew if there is other people growing this strain as I have tried to look everywhere and most of the grows I found on the web is years back. I hope I get a strong mother as I want to revive this strain and make alot of clones for people that will be interested in it. The stretch is at bay for now. I am keeping a fine eye to them. Don't want it to stretch so quick.

Ya the lady who has it is other side Bloemfontein somewhere, she posted on the 420sa.co.zza site last year bout it but it turned out male and she was looking to rehouse it but I don't know if there were any takers as she used it for a pollen run....

I'd also love to trade for a clone of her if you find you have any to spare brother when you get to cloning her and I'm sure I could tempt ya with something..haha

Ya the lady who has it is other side Bloemfontein somewhere, she posted on the 420sa.co.zza site last year bout it but it turned out male and she was looking to rehouse it but I don't know if there were any takers as she used it for a pollen run....

I'd also love to trade for a clone of her if you find you have any to spare brother when you get to cloning her and I'm sure I could tempt ya with something..haha
Not a problem. Sharing is caring and the more people would like to have this strain the more clones I will make. I will make a note of this. So far it is @irie lion and @Smeegol that is looking for a clone or two so will def keep someout for you guys!

Good dmonring fellow 420's!
A warm welcome from Langebaan South Africa on this wintery cold day.
To start off this will be my first attempt ever into indoor growing and hope that I will learn alot as I go along. I am doing this on a budget as I do not earn alot and can only do this on a real tight budget. Mine won't probably the same as all this insane grows I have been seeing on this forum but I did take alot of information.
I have 3 x Blue cheese seeds I germinated on 23-06-2019 and 3 x Lambs bread and it only showed their heads 2 days ago.
I will be using a full spec LED light I picked up for very cheap and this is in my DIY grow box I build out of super wood and it has been. Just to add that this is a full on DYI grow box.

Grow medium will be 2 parts potting soil I bought at our local nursery and it will be mixed with one part 'Kraal' manure for all the nutrients the babies will require.
Water is PH balanced 6.2 and I have made manure tea from it and have added Kelpak seaweed fert to it and it has been aerating for more than 24hrs with a oxygen stone.
I will be using 10L pots for replanting as I am limted with space and first want to get use to the indoor growing and just learn as much of it as I can. Please feel free to giving advice as I am still a noob with this. All advice or criticism will be appreciated.

I am using regular seeds first to get the feel of everything. They might be female or they might be male. But we will see when they get bigger!:nervous-guy:

Thanks for looking at my grow journal.

Please meet the 6 babies....

Just a photo of the DIY box: (not as good looking but hopefully it will serve my needs)

Have a great day peeps!!:Namaste:
Have full support in your grow ! The box is not much different from mine only you have a better light. Believe it will work even in this winter we having now .

Here is mine as proof and it is my first grow ever ...

Attachments

• 15626733368855982927816902756229.jpg
    15626733368855982927816902756229.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 103
Back
Top Bottom