SkottelGoed Spons First Indoor Grow: Blue Cheese & Lambs Bread

Lol here is my box but only for vegging .
IMG_20190709_205610.jpg

[Lol here is my box but only for vegging .
IMG_20190709_205610.jpg

That is perfect brother and I like your propagation station light as well, very neat and tidy....:ganjamon:
Whose the sexy beast in the centre...?
[/QUOTE]
That would be the super silver haze. It looks crazy healthy and happy and hoping for a she. Got a couple more beans if it's a he. Wasn't super excited when I dropped the beans but then I saw how she is growing and might as well out her up in the sun come spring. Recon I should clone and sex her as soon as there is enough for a cut. Haha. That camping cupboard and light was less that 1300 randellas. My budget was 1500 and I'd say she paid herself off quick snap.

Good morning all,

No valueable update today. I have noticed with the light I have, I have a bit of slow grow. I will check in future if I can afford a better light to add in the box. Plants only started with second node of leaves now and coming along slowly. No quick stretch anymore from it.

Good morning mr.Skottle ya you will find your girls are growing slower now that it's winter, but if you can keep the root zone warm ( underneath pot ) you will notice almost overnight that they are responding to the warmth.... A trick I've used is an old electric blanket thingy I have and I place that under a beer box and I line the inside with black bin bag so any water doesn't leak through and electrocute the seedlings and that works rather well inside my bouand also provides additional warmth brother..

The girls are looking cracking though and nice and healthy... :headbanger:

Good morning mr.Skottle ya you will find your girls are growing slower now that it's winter, but if you can keep the root zone warm ( underneath pot ) you will notice almost overnight that they are responding to the warmth.... A trick I've used is an old electric blanket thingy I have and I place that under a beer box and I line the inside with black bin bag so any water doesn't leak through and electrocute the seedlings and that works rather well inside my bouand also provides additional warmth brother..

The girls are looking cracking though and nice and healthy... :headbanger:
Thanks man! Thats an idea. think my wife have a electric blanket she hasn't used for a long time now. I was planning to build a heat pad I can wrap around the pots but still need to get the right equipment for it. I saw people using LED strips for heat pads as well. Maybe I should consider it. Low electricity usage and it does not get too hot. At the moment I'm using a fan heater on its lowest setting for heat.

I have a lot to think about.

Thanks man! Thats an idea. think my wife have a electric blanket she hasn't used for a long time now. I was planning to build a heat pad I can wrap around the pots but still need to get the right equipment for it. I saw people using LED strips for heat pads as well. Maybe I should consider it. Low electricity usage and it does not get too hot. At the moment I'm using a fan heater on its lowest setting for heat.

I have a lot to think about.

Ya also got a fan heater but the space is to small and dries the plants out crispy, but I'm going to be doing a bit of rearranging but will put a pic up when I do for ya... :headbanger:

Ya also got a fan heater but the space is to small and dries the plants out crispy, but I'm going to be doing a bit of rearranging but will put a pic up when I do for ya... :headbanger:
Sweet, Yeah my box is also small. So the fan does not blow directly onto the plants but rather I have put the fan close to the fresh air intake and it sucks the warmth through the intake.

Yeah sent some pics man.:headbanger:

Sweet, Yeah my box is also small. So the fan does not blow directly onto the plants but rather I have put the fan close to the fresh air intake and it sucks the warmth through the intake.

Yeah sent some pics man.:headbanger:

:rofl::rofl::headbanger:

I was just contemplating how to incorporate the fan into a new area without drying the air out and I think your idea might just solve my dilemma... Will get back to ya.....haha

:rofl::rofl::headbanger:

I was just contemplating how to incorporate the fan into a new area without drying the air out and I think your idea might just solve my dilemma... Will get back to ya.....haha
Working like a bomb. Does not make the air too dry luckily. I don't keep it on very long just long enough for the room to get heat and the intake to suck a bit of warmth through to the box.

Goodluck!!

Hey Skottel. Late to the party but glad I came. A grow after my own heart. Gratifying to see what you fellows are doing. Anyone can throw enough money into a garden project and reap decent rewards but the individuals that are making it work on a budget, utilizing what they have at there disposal and DIY’ing what they don’t have are my kindred spirits! I find these innovative gardens much more interesting than those mega$$$ grows chasing trophy plants.

You and your buds here are doing well. Glad to be following along with your progress. Anxious to see your upcoming clone venture. I’ve been snakebit thus far with my attempts.

BCDD

Evening mr.Skottel so I moved the girls around...

image.jpeg

Will get the fans in tomorrow while the girls are outside.

Hey Smeegs!! Your girls are looking good man.

Hey Skottel. Late to the party but glad I came. A grow after my own heart. Gratifying to see what you fellows are doing. Anyone can throw enough money into a garden project and reap decent rewards but the individuals that are making it work on a budget, utilizing what they have at there disposal and DIY’ing what they don’t have are my kindred spirits! I find these innovative gardens much more interesting than those mega$$$ grows chasing trophy plants.

You and your buds here are doing well. Glad to be following along with your progress. Anxious to see your upcoming clone venture. I’ve been snakebit thus far with my attempts.

BCDD
Howzit and welcome!!:welcome:. Thanks for the kind words. Before I started to grow I said to myself I have to do it on a limited budget and try to diy as much as I can and so far I am loving it.

I'm also a bit anxious about the cloning but I am getting as much infor from Mr @irie lion's threadof his propagation. Hopefully I can make a big success of it.:yahoo:

Morning all,

I haven't been active for a while now. Was very busy the last few days that I could not even take pictures of my babies.

Just a small update on how their doing. It looks okay for now but I think I still need to get a different light. The current one is not peforming good enough. Will just have to save up for something decent.

I water them every week with my own composted water that gets aerated for 24HR. Seems like they love this water. I add 10ml of kelpak to every 5L.

This is how the little ones looks now.

I will take some pics of my outdoor cheese. With the cold weather we have been having in the West Coast of South Africa they seem to flourish. They are growing very well!! quite impressed with them. Will upload some pics tomorrow of the outdoor cheesy weesy. lol

Morning mr.Skottel sorry bout the light brother, a mate of mine picked up some led tubes at china mall in Jozi for R20 each and his plants are vegging nicely underneath them..
The closest china mall to me is in cape town and I already don't like it to go to cape town. I will most prob order something from a chinese online shop end of this month. Hopefully they have good deals to choose from.

Hey brother! Sorry about the light. Your girls are still looking healthy and that's all that counts! :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom