Skunk #1 Sensi-15 Day Perpetual

PeterDaily

Hello 420mag community! I havent posted my grow adventures for a while. This grow is for the search of a strain that ACTUALLY flowers in 45-50 days.

I grew VANILLA KUSH-Barneys and NARKUSH-Seedsman-both are in my flowering room for over a month and I am having complications.

The Vanilla Kush FEM came with 5 seeds and only 1 grew to optimum condition for cloning. Later it stressed to a hermie. THEN reverted back to VEG 5 weeks in FLOWER. so im DELAYED at least 14 days on my KUSH.

The Narkush REG came with 10 but only 2 came to optimum condition but 1 ONLY had the phenos for great clones-branchy, good growth speeds, healthy. But the one i cloned from DIED in mid-flower(wtf??) i had it in my normal setup and i noticed 20 days into flower that the growth just STOPPED. I dont know what triggered this particular tub to have so many issues except there may have been too much NITROGEN or incorrect pH or light hitting the roots-YET i have NEVER had this happen in my 3 years of grow EXP.

But here are the pics
0913001719.jpg

0913001734.jpg

HERE THE KUSH CLONES ARE ON THE RIGHT AND SKUNK #1 SEEDLINGS ON THE LEFT

0913001241.jpg

OH AND I GOT ROADRUNNER IN THE BACK

0913001200.jpg

0913001221.jpg

Alright its MONDAY week 2 of the the 'easy to grow' Skunk #1

i really hope so cause 2 or 3 of the seedlings streatched so much that they leaned over and i had no 'support' and just let them grow. PLUS my timer FAILED for about 15hrs and i lost ALL my clones AND possibly dehydrated my ROCKWOOL CUBES with the seedlings.

also i noticed some yellowing and decided to add some nutes. I think now would be a good time as ever to add the SPECS of my room.

SPACE- 4X8X13 CLOSET for VEG / 13x15x13 storage room for FLWR
LIGHTING- 4ft Flouresent with warm and cool tubes x 3 + 400w MH for VEG / 400w HPS x2 + 1000w HPS for FLWR
VENTILATION- 1x oscillating fan for VEG / floor fan x 2 + large CAN filter for exhaust for FLOWER ROOM
NUTES- FLORA-NOVA series GROW & BLOOM, FLORA-LICIOUS series, GH Bio-Root
PH-RANGE- 5.3-6.5 (closer to 5 in FLOWER / closer to 6 for VEG)
MEDIUM- ROCKWOOL in 2inch pots
GENETICS- Sensi Seeds Skunk #1, DinaFem RoadRunner, DinaFem Cheese (VEG) / Seedsman NarKush & Barney's Farm Vanilla Kush (FLWR)
cO2 inside FLOWER room -15min x 3times while lights are on

0924235048.jpg

week 2 true leaves are starting to show, had to add NUTES
1/2 teaspoon PER gallon FLORANOVA GROW and 1teaspoon PER gal GH Bio-Root.
Theres about 5-7 gallons max in the cloning unit so do the math.

0924235048.jpg

0924235032.jpg

AS YOU SEE, I HAD TO ADD 'SUPPORT' TO THE SEEDLINGS THAT STRETCHED AND LEANED OVER.

0924235200.jpg

0924235206.jpg

0924235245.jpg

0924235258.jpg

I THINK THIS COLA IS VANILLA KUSH. THE HAIRS ARE LONGER THAN THE NARKUSH AS I NOTICED FROM THE GROWTH PROPERTIES FROM THEIR MOTHERS. I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK WHEN THE AROMA STARTS TO COME IN, TO REALLY TELL WHICH IS WHICH.

0925012354.jpg

SUPER CROPPING REALLY WORKS! THE KEY IS TO FIND THE TOP LEAD THAT IS PRETTY MUCH 'FULLY' DEVELOPED AND THEN SLIGHTLY BEND TO EACH SIDE UNTIL THAT LEAD BRANCH BENDS AND LEANS OVER-TRY TO LET THE BUD'S WEIGHT BEND 'ITSELF'. I HOPE THE ARROWS HELPED TO SHOW WHERE THE BENDS ARE.

0925012535.jpg

0925012600.jpg

0925012643.jpg

0925012736.jpg

NOW ALL GROWTH BELOW THE BEND WILL INCREASE DUE TO THE 'CUT-OFF' OF HORMONES THAT WOULD NORMALLY TRAVEL TO THAT LEAD BUD THAT YOU BENDED.

0925012746.jpg

0925013313.jpg

HERE; THE LOWER BRANCHES ARE GOING TO GET TOO HEAVY LATER IN FLOWERING. SO I AM GOING TO USE A ZIP-TIE TO HOLD THE BRANCHES TOGETHER.

0925013648.jpg

SEE! :thumb:

0925013721.jpg

AW, MAN! NOW THE TOP IS ALL 'BUNCHED UP'! THE BUDS WITHIN WONT GROW TO PROPERLY LIKE THIS-

0925013854.jpg

SO I WILL USE SUPER-CROPPING AGAIN TO 'OPEN THE CANOPY' AND ALLOW THE LIGHT TO PENETRATE THE BRANCHES BETTER

0925014325.jpg

SEE??

0925014342.jpg

0925014406.jpg

I absolutely hope these pics help out other fellow growers who question the technique of SC. i really saw the benefits when i thought i lost a lot of bud due to a crop that went hermie on me-i removed the male parts on a daily basis and super-cropped through-out the remainder of the life cycle and OMG i got FAT COLAS!!

Spending 3hours in the flowering room, removing water from all my DWC tubs, re-positioning the plants, tie-ing them down, refilling the tanks and adding nutes, blending them and adjusting the PH-is a freakin headache. BUT this is absolutely time-savy, you must kill the lazy bone in yourself and tend to your babies. 1 week over of not changing your water(i do my water changes every 14-18 days) but it WILL cause a decrease in yield if you neglect to renew the nutrients. MUY IMPORTE

THANK YOU ALL FOR TUNING IN!

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!

:thanks:

wow only 4 days later and SKUNK #1 is turning yellow again! this time i added 1tsp per gallon insted of 1/2 teaspoon per gallon. Also i mixed some BIO-ROOT and flora-licious GROW.

I must say, that BIO-ROOT has to be working cause i have clones that are rooting faster than 10 days, plus the roots for the SKUNK #1 are getting to the point of transitioning. but that wont be for another 7 days of spraying....i may do it in 5 days the way the growth is on them. they are starting their 2nd set of TRUE LEAVES.....:cheer:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom