Skunk XL - 3 weeks veg - 10 plants - 4x8 tent

Thank you buddy, there all waiting to get put in te new tent, the small pots are going in a cupbourd getting flowered under a T5, not going to let them get much bigger as i will flip them in 5 days, there only bag seeds so i have no idea on the strains.

So iv just harvested my 4x8 with the 2 lemon shining silver haze and the 4 giant northern light clones, checked trichs this morning and surprised to realise that i had a good 70/30% amber/cloudy trichomes, most plants were really yellowing off, pots were bone dry.

Just weighed them up with 5.5kg of wet bud still stalked, had to chuck around 2-3oz of wet bud rot, any time i harvest i always seem to find it which dis-heartening but its down and my jars are all ready for when its dry, can someone reccomend hm meters? preferably cheap so i can stick them in all the jars.

can someone reccomend hm meters? preferably cheap so i can stick them in all the jars.

I love the Caliber IV digital hygrometer for about $20 at Amazon. Fast, accurate, and calibrateable.

However, Canada Guy said he got these meters for only $2 each at Canadian Tire, and he is really happy with them.
Canada Guy's cheapies
420-magazine-mobile84394065.jpg

My Caliber IV being calibrated with a salt slurry
2017-08-08_002.JPG

It's kind of a hassle, but of course you can just move one meter around to different jars. If they're all the same size and same harvest, chances are the readings are about the same too...

Yeah i suppose, what ever is left without jars im going to make into oil (try to).

My next job it to try find posts on my next strain (skunk xl) to see how much they stretched when they were flipped as there new shoots are 4-6" now with around 10 per plant plus main stem, if they stretch up to 3x i think i will need to flip in the next few days as iv got 10 to go in a 4x8 area.

Im going to sound pretty stupid here but is there anyway i can make a vape juice from my bud to? if so how would i extract it?

Do you vape your bud? if so how long does it last? whats the effects like too?

Im going to sound pretty stupid here but is there anyway i can make a vape juice from my bud to? if so how would i extract it?

Literally "juice" like e-cigs? With propylene glycol? I have seen recipes for that but never done it. There are YouTube vids too.

Many extract with flammable hydrocarbons to make shatter/oil/goo whatever, but discussing that isn't allowed here because it's a fire hazard.

I reduced an alcohol extract down to Rick Simpson oil and tried vaping that, but it tasted awful. I think that was because there was too much chlorophyll. Yuck!

An extraction method that I haven't tried yet but that looks like fun if just for a goof is clamping a bud in parchment paper between the tongs of a hair straightener. ("Rosin/Resin extraction") Lots of YouTube videos on that. It looks like it does work, but I think you'd want very resiny buds. If I was to try it, I'd clamp first, then do an alcohol extraction on the squished buds to get the rest.

The link in my sig file shows some of the extraction processes I've done recently.

Literally "juice" like e-cigs? With propylene glycol? I have seen recipes for that but never done it. YouTube too.

Many extract with flammable hydrocarbons to make shatter/oil/goo whatever, but discussing that isn't allowed here because it's a fire hazard.

I reduced an alcohol extract down to Rick Simpson oil and tried vaping that, but it tasted awful. I think that was because there was too much chlorophyll. Yuck!

An extraction method that I haven't tried yet but that looks like fun if just for a goof is clamping a bud in parchment paper between the tongs of a hair straightener. Lots of YouTube videos on that. It looks like it does work, but I think you'd want very resiny buds. If I was to try it, I'd clamp first, then do an alcohol extraction on the squished buds to get the rest.

The link in my sig file shows some of the extraction processes I've done recently.

Effects of vaping are about the same as smoking, but MUCH MUCH easier on your lungs and less damaging to your health. Highly recommended over smoking!

If you're in a legal state, vape pen cartridges are convenient, though they don't give the control that you get with manually operated portable vape unit. They make grabbing a quick toke anywhere dead easy. For a "manually operated" portable electric dab rig, I think it's hard to beat the Mig Vapor Brain Fogger.

As for dry herb, the only really good experience I had with vaping dry herb was years ago at The College of Cannabis Knowledge in Amsterdam, where the guy blew the output of a temperature controlled paint stripper gun into a handful of cheap weed in a glass chamber, blowing the vape into a giant glass ball that looked like the Wicked Witch's crystal ball. After a couple of hits on that I spent the rest of that sunny, fall afternoon wandering around the canals--this at the end of a two week business trip to Germany where I had been tight as a bowstring the whole time. It was therapeutic. ;) Of course I had to tell that story...

The volcano has a great rep but it is expensive! I've never used one, but the cannabis users at cancer facilities use a volcano, so it must be good.

I have a Mig Vapor Sub-Herb that is supposed to be one of the best portable dry herb vapes, but I have never mastered it. I think it would work best with high quality weed that is finely ground. I'll bet if I played with it more I'd get better at using it. It's so much easier just to vape a little oil, though, and this being a legal stake, great quality, commercially prepared oil is easy to come by.

Tincture and infused oil are even easier on the lungs, but they take an hour or more to arrive. Still, I like edibles.

Im stuck with what one to buy now, aslong as i know that if i put my bud in that i can get the same effects, not so much euphoric but relaxing/comfort, It seems pointless other wise but im uneducated on the whole vaping situation, I am thinking of buying a one of them thc testers, it tells you how much thc ect your bud is, I will see if i can get a link for you, There expensive but i think its going to be worth it in the long run.

I weighed up my 2 lemon shining silver haze and 4 northern lights, i think i over dried them a little weighed in at 43.6oz.

Lemon shining silver haze were 280g

Northern lights were 956g

Expecting to lose around 3-4 when curing.

Back
Top Bottom