Skunk XL - 3 weeks veg - 10 plants - 4x8 tent

HigherTheHigh

HELLO ALL!

I hope everyone is happy and healthy and hopefully some growers can help me out here.

I have 10 skunk xl that are 3 weeks from seed, I did 4 northern lights 5 weeks veg from seed in 20L pots on the last grow and yielded 20.3oz dry.

QUESTION IS:

How long should i veg for to get the same amount of yield? double the size tent but adding 2 extra plants making it a 10 plant grow, would i be able to veg for 4 weeks and expect the same yield?

Grown in coco/perlite 60/40 mix but 7L pots this time around.

2x 600w HPS lights in cool hoods, the tent sits at 25c with lights on & 20-22c lights of.

(Canna a&b, boost, pk13/14, Cannazym), (Advanced nutrients, big bud, overdrive), House and garden root stimulator, Terpinator & A few other nutrient lines.

They are sitting at 8" tall at the moment, planning on tying them 5cm over to one side for other branches to get a level canopy, also planning on topping lower branches 3 days before flipping.

There currently under a 600w MH veg bulb 24" above canopy.

IMG_20171019_115939.jpg

Ignore the seedlings there just come bag seeds i put in to see what they will turn out like.

Thanks for taking your time to read my thread!

Stay happy and healthy everyone!

Little update:

I have tied them down and removed fan leaves from covering lowering stems, going to run them for another 7 days in veg then see where we are, but to my question above i look forward to answers.

IMG_20171019_151942.jpg

> How long should i veg for to get the same amount of yield? double the size tent but adding 2 extra plants making it a 10 plant grow, would i be able to veg for 4 weeks and expect the same yield?

I can't understand what you're asking!

Sorry scientific you should no by now im terrible at explaining things, i want to hit a target of 40oz.

I did a grow last time with only 4 plants at 5 weeks veg from seed to get 20.3oz.

Im now growing 10 in double the same size space but im only running 7L pots instead of 20L pots.

Im going to veg them for one more week then flip to 12/12.

I just wanted peoples oppinions wether or not i would hit my 40oz target?

Im sorry for a puzzle of a question.

> Im sorry for a puzzle of a question.

It reminds me of a story question from algebra class--"Farmer higherthanhigh grew 4 cannabis plants for 5 weeks to get 20.3 ounces of weed..." ;)

Just like in algebra class, I think you'd try to simplify first.
You got 5 ounces per plant with a five week veg.
How many ounces per plant with a four week veg?

Using a ridiculously simplified approach, you might get 4/5s (80%) as much, so 4 ounces per plant.
Ten plants yielding 4 ounces each gives your 40 ounces. Maybe that was your logic?

But Farmer higherthanhigh has reduced his pot size to only 35% of their previous 20-liter size, using tiny, 7-liter pots!

Really, it's impossible to say, but 25% less veg time in pots 1/3 the size doesn't look promising to me.

I'd suggest optimizing everything you can to make up for the shorter veg and tiny pots and hope for the best...

I like your methods and as always buddy i thank you for it, i really dont no what to do, i wanted this grow to be my last big one for a while and maby veg a single plant into a 4x4 scrog, iv been in quite the pain recently and going through nearly half oz a day.

I think i will run them for another week and see how it works out, i ran 9 northern lights in these 7L pots and got a nice 33oz out of them so maby i might get close to 35 i just dont no.

Like you can see in the pics iv tied them down but im not going to top them, they have around 10 stems up to now so all might not be lost just yet, planning on putting a screen up 8" above pots then maby another if they stretch, Royal queen seeds said they yield 600-650g per sqm and iv hit there figures per sqm with northern lights so im hoping they can promise me a nice harvest.

The top 2 plants are lemon shining silver haze there in 7L pots they got topped around 3-4 times, im hoping/expecting 3oz dry from them, they are mega dense, even though they are further away from the light they have turned out better than the normal 18-24" away.
IMG_20171019_200658.jpg
IMG_20171019_200704.jpg

As for this mess, these were 4 northern light clones i took and ended up veging them for around 8 weeks, never expected them to stretch this much, i am more than unhappy at myself for letting them get this way but its to late to turn back, one of the fans never kicked in one morning and burnt all the tops of the colas i was devastated.
IMG_20171019_200717.jpg
IMG_20171019_200735.jpg

Those plants look gorgeous! You are definitely getting a lot out of a seven liter pot!

So I've gotta ask: Da week helps with pain relief you? (It don't do nuthin' for my arthritic neck...)

Thank you, them plants there were only around 4 weeks from seed,what do you think the top 2 could yield? there is buds below them but there just popcorn i was going to use and try make some oil.

Yeah i use house and garden root stimulator up to the 4th or 5th week i flower and they love it!

I dont quite understand the last question, do these buds help with pain is this what you meant?

If so, i found the northern lights works great for getting me to sleep but it doesnt carry me through the night, there is down sides with the strain like paranoia, the lemon shining silver haze were just free seeds with an order but im over the moon with how they turned out although i did chop one because it had male parts half way through flowering and i wish i just let it go now.

Now the skunk xl is apparently great for pain, sleep and paranoia if grown until you have a good 70% amber trichs.

I started flushing my plants today ready for chop in 10 days time (10 days is enough for coco in my oppinion).

But im thinking of running the top 2 for another 5 days further adding mollasses, but no joke there mega dense and super sticky, i used terpinator and that stuff adds quite alot of oils i must say, they dont seem to produce many trichomes as most do, there buds are around 3-3.5 inches wide so not the biggest buds out there but could this be because the lights are a little further away do you think?

Thaks for the replies scientific, means alot someone sticking buy and helping!

Thank you, them plants there were only around 4 weeks from seed,what do you think the top 2 could yield? there is buds below them but there just popcorn i was going to use and try make some oil.

Yeah i use house and garden root stimulator up to the 4th or 5th week i flower and they love it!

I dont quite understand the last question, do these buds help with pain is this what you meant?

If so, i found the northern lights works great for getting me to sleep but it doesnt carry me through the night, there is down sides with the strain like paranoia, the lemon shining silver haze were just free seeds with an order but im over the moon with how they turned out although i did chop one because it had male parts half way through flowering and i wish i just let it go now.

Now the skunk xl is apparently great for pain, sleep and paranoia if grown until you have a good 70% amber trichs.

I started flushing my plants today ready for chop in 10 days time (10 days is enough for coco in my oppinion).

But im thinking of running the top 2 for another 5 days further adding mollasses, but no joke there mega dense and super sticky, i used terpinator and that stuff adds quite alot of oils i must say, they dont seem to produce many trichomes as most do, there buds are around 3-3.5 inches wide so not the biggest buds out there but could this be because the lights are a little further away do you think?

Thaks for the replies scientific, means alot someone sticking buy and helping!
Have u tried oils for pain bud??

15gr a day seems like a lot, have you tried infused oils orally for the pain, may help and last longer than smoking or vaping

Thanks for taking your time to try help me, yeah it is alot, iv never tried no oils yet, i was going to try make some from the popcorn buds i have left over and maby try make some edible too but iv no idea how to as of yet.

Yeah im trying to take a step back from smoking but a point of where im rolling up to 10 a day just to cope is a little ott now, would you no of any strains to help with insomnia, pain, not get paranoia over, high yielding (the reason i ask of high yielding is as much as i love growing and watching something amazing being created it takes up alot of my time and i wont leave the house while the lights are on just for safety reasons.

Thanks scorpio!

Thanks for taking your time to try help me, yeah it is alot, iv never tried no oils yet, i was going to try make some from the popcorn buds i have left over and maby try make some edible too but iv no idea how to as of yet.

Yeah im trying to take a step back from smoking but a point of where im rolling up to 10 a day just to cope is a little ott now, would you no of any strains to help with insomnia, pain, not get paranoia over, high yielding (the reason i ask of high yielding is as much as i love growing and watching something amazing being created it takes up alot of my time and i wont leave the house while the lights are on just for safety reasons.

Thanks scorpio!
Infused oil is really easy and safe to make

15gr of flower
1cup of olive oil
1T of lecithin, but us ok if you don't have it

Chop up the bud, not ground, kinda like yer Gunna smoke in a pipe size
Turn yer oven in as low as u can, usually digital says 170deg.
Put the bud and oil in a mason jar with the lid on, place that on a baking sheet
In the oven for 36hrs, shake every hr till u sleep, then when u think about it
Real easy. Totally different than smoking
Smoking is instant, oil is long lasting, bet will really help u

There are faster ways to make the oil but like this method, I have some going right now

Indica is going to be a good night Strain, so the skunk should work well

Sativa usually more energy and anxiety so not as good a night strain

Also a high CBD mixed with thc will really help the pain as well

420-magazine-mobile1765034109.jpg

Yep the bubbling is decarbing. It infuses and decarbs all at once

Shake n bake baby! Shake n bake!!!!

Infused oil is really easy and safe to make

15gr of flower
1cup of olive oil
1T of lecithin, but us ok if you don't have it

Chop up the bud, not ground, kinda like yer Gunna smoke in a pipe size
Turn yer oven in as low as u can, usually digital says 170deg.
Put the bud and oil in a mason jar with the lid on, place that on a baking sheet
In the oven for 36hrs, shake every hr till u sleep, then when u think about it
Real easy. Totally different than smoking
Smoking is instant, oil is long lasting, bet will really help u

There are faster ways to make the oil but like this method, I have some going right now

Thank you very much i will take a good look at this when i harvest, can i use wet bud or does it have to be dry?

Without sounding stupid how do i administer it and to what dosage? what are the affects to?

Im a couch lock kind of guy that way i know i wont get pain.

Thanks for all this great information!

Thank you very much i will take a good look at this when i harvest, can i use wet bud or does it have to be dry?

Without sounding stupid how do i administer it and to what dosage? what are the affects to?

Im a couch lock kind of guy that way i know i wont get pain.

Thanks for all this great information!
This is a great thread, discusses making oil from fresh plants
Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

I did it once, little more labor intensive but works great and don't need to wait for the weed to dry

Another good drying option is a dehydrator, like for making jerky, can speed things up a lot

For the oil you can get caplets to load up and take, or, start with small amounts like 1/2 teaspoon and just eat it, or pour over yer coffee....
You can cook with the oil also, like making brownies

I will take a look at it, i harvest in 10 days time, i started flushing today so hopefully that will make it a nice smooth smoke, thanks for all your help and info, i will sure be back to this thread and show you the final harvest and see how much popcorn bud there is to make oil, keeping the good bud in jars then popcorn to oil.

Thanks everyone this is really helping and i more than appreciate all your help!

It be difficult but not impossible to get 40oz from that space. Its a small grow so more manageable. Numbers per m2 tend to drop slightly as grows get bigger, just because attention to details of every plant becomes more labour intensive. But yours is manageable. Id ignore what breeders Suggest is the yield, its just marketing, very few give out accurate yields and there are so many variables its very misleading information. If they said the yield is 600g m2 based on grow set up x, it would be more plausible.

Anyway id have done it slightly different in that space. Your first defining factor is going to be how many feeds per day you give the plants. 7litre pots are small for high yielding plants.

Are you counting veg time from germination? 4 weeks from cracking seed is a short veg time when pushing max yield.

10 plants will be ok but id have gone for 8 plants in 20 litre pots. Probs 6 weeks veg from cracking seed. That would pretty much guarantee max yield per m2. Id veg 5 weeks if i were you. Get the plants bent and bent again and make sure you prune before flipping to flower.

I used to use 7litre pots but i definately favour larger pots these days. But i have spaces to veg so im not really losing and time on grows. With out any shadow of a doubt larger plants with bigger rootzones produce better quality weed and more weight in general. Are you drip feeding or manual feeding?

Back
Top Bottom